“Top Tier Courses” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Golf Courses
Activities: Golfing
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Award-winning 36 holes of challenging golf consists of two 18-hole, Pete Dye-designed layouts: River Course and Meadows Valleys Course.
White Plains, NY
16 attraction reviews
“Top Tier Courses”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

After playing Whistling Straits and the Irish courses you'd think these two would be disappointing, but both of these courses are challenging and rewarding in their own ways.

Visited July 2013

Port Washington, Wisconsin
3 attraction reviews
“Beautiful, well designed course”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

This course is well designed so that many levels of golfers can enjoy it. It is located next to the river and offers amazing views and tee shots. It was a pleasure to play and I actually did better than I thought I would given the many places to lose a ball.

Visited July 2013
Mobile, Alabama
6 attraction reviews
“Two great courses”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Part of our package deal (Whistling Straits). Excellent golf courses with Pete Dye's diabolical greens. Really enjoyed the courses. We didn't have caddies and didn't really need them. Very enjoyable. Lots of rough. Very similar to the 2013 U.S. Open, only larger fairways. The only reason I didn't rate it a 5 was Whistling Straits is a cut above.

Atlanta
11 attraction reviews
“Great service - Okay food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

The restaurant in the Blackwolf Run Clubhouse has a comfortable, casual feel. We had a table with a gorgeous view. Our server was great! Being in Wisconsin on a Friday, we were compelled to order the "fish fry" - big mistake. It was mediocre at best. I am giving my review 4 stars because of the service, ambiance & view, and I am guessing there are other much better items to choose from on the menu.

Cocoa, FL
5 attraction reviews
“Best fairways and greens I have played”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We played Meadows and River courses over two days and they kicked our butts. We lost a ton of balls and I think that is pretty normal for the "average" player out here. The courses were amazing. I have played in some pro ams and these fairways and greens were in better shape than anything I have ever seen. You had better be IN the fairway or you were screwed. There is not much or shuold I say any forgiveness if you were not. Definatey a demaning layout and built for a better golfer but the experience alone should make up for you losing a handful of golf balls. Play these courses first and finish your trip at Whisteling Straits. Well worth the time and effort to get there.

Visited June 2013

Been to Blackwolf Run? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Blackwolf Run, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.

Bookmark for later