“Needed--and got--a good night's sleep” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Now and Save 25%
Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Kimberly
Cincinnati, OH
“Needed--and got--a good night's sleep”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

My husband, me and my inlaws did a whirlwind tour of Wisconsin to visit family and had slept on a couch the evening before. We needed one good night's sleep as we were sightseeing the next day, all day. My husband and I were looking for a place near our family's neighborhood since my inlaws were staying there. We found this hotel for a reasonable price. Considering Appleton is a smallish city, I was impressed by this hotel. It was clean and quiet with nice ambiance. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom could use an update since it didn't seem to match the niceness of the rest of the room but it was clean. We did not eat there, but the dining area and small convenience store seemed nice. The reception attendants were very professional and helpful. Next time we visit we will likely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

157 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

We chose this hotel because we had stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Oshkosh before and we really enjoyed it.. This one was just as nice! The staff were helpful and friendly. The room was very clean. We would definitely stay there again when in that area.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Kewaskum, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

We stayed at the hotel for a wedding, so, my husband and I and our two teenage daugters reserved a two "double bed" room (the only other choice is 1 King bed) - the beds were small for two adults to sleep in comfortably. Our friends who had Kings even commented that they didn't seem to be standard King size.
My brother in law had a room down the hall that had a toilet that overflowed several times during the 2 night stay and was unuseable (had to be plunged and floor sanitized) ... they only gave them a $20 for the inconvienence of not having a bathroom - thankfully they knew other people on the floor..

Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2010

My husband and I were traveling to the area for a Packer game. This was the closest place I could find to Lambeau. We generally used to 4 and 5 star hotels - so I was a bit curious about what we would find. The location of the hotel is great - close to grocery, restaurants (loved Uno Grill and Palmers!), freeway entrance, exit, etc. The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. Rooms are very clean, and i love that they have mini fridges and microwaves. I didn't use the pool - but it looked good and I did see a number of families using it. I probably would have used it if I were traveling with children, but otherwise would skip it. The restaurant/bar wasn't opened when we arrived (10PM on a Friday) - and we were gone most of the rest of the time. Love the high speed internet at no extra cost - reliable, fast connection and free. The entire place was taken over by Packer fans - and I can see why - we were about 30 minutes from Lambeau (left about 3 hours prior to the game, exited on Lombardi ave and parked in a residential lot on a side street near the field). I was curious whether it would be wild after the game was over (packers won!) but it was amazingly quiet. Check out is an absolute breeze and parking is free. would absolutely stay again - especially for the packers!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Coon Rapids, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2010

I stayed at HGI in Appleton for a wedding. It was a very nice hotel. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable and the Zip Out check out was great. The only complaints I have are these: On the morning of my departure, I was waiting with a group to sit down at the "restaurant" to eat breakfast and the staff in that area were very snippy and rude to us. The other complaint was in that same place, in which I was served 13,000 degree coffee and burned the roof of my mouth and my tongue. As a daily coffee drinker, I know coffee is served best hot and I like it that way. But never before had I experienced a beverage with this insanely high temperature. And I have burned my tongue before (on things half that hot) and it's only a minor inconvenience. The injury to my mouth as a result of this coffee lasted a long time. I had damaged taste buds, burnt skin on the roof of my mouth, numbness, redness and pain for almost 9 days. Definitely not a pleasant experience. Other than those issues with the restaurant, the hotel was decent and comfortable.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2010

We booked our 10 rooms months in advanced for a boys basketball tourney...needed non-smoking rooms but 3 families with young children were given smoking rooms!. The hotel staff called the local police department to walk the hallways - intimidating the young boys that were there for a local basketball tournament. The hotel would NOT allow the parents to sit in the lobby (where they have several areas for groups to sit) and have a few drinks, UNLESS you purchased them from the hotel or booked a $200 meeting room. Hotel does NOT have a continental breakfast nor did they give out the coupons for guests for a discount on their breakfast. If you are a sports team traveling do NOT stay at this facility.

• Stayed April 2010
Southern IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2010

We stay at Hilton Garden Inn Kimberly at least once a year to visit family. The hotel is spotless, front desk staff are friendly and helpful and my daughter loves the pool. We stayed over Easter weekend and my daughter and I were placed in a room with a connecting door. We could hear every conversation, cough and snore from the other room. We will stay here again, but will request a room without a connecting door next time!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Appleton Kimberly? Share your experiences!