“Pleasantly surprised” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Chicago, Illinois
“Pleasantly surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

My husband and I discovered the renovated Kenosha lakefront a year ago, and throughout last summer and fall, we went often on weekends. To our delight, the area includes lots of nice restaurants, many with live music. Wine Knot is popular for its outdoor, patio-style seating. I had fish (grouper I think) and hubby had filet mignon. Filet was well prepared and tasty. Fish was fresh and not overdone. We enjoyed with red wine. To further surprise, Wine Knot has port/sherry on their dessert menu, which is not often served at restaurants. We will be back when the weather warms up again!

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Racine, Wisconsin
“Great food and wine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

My husband and I frequent the Wine Knot and have enjoyed the varied and interesting menu. The food is so good. We recently had friends visiting from California and felt confident we'd have a great meal. And we did!! Nice atmosphere, good service and excellent food.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lake Geneva, Wisconsin
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Simple, creative, great presentation and outstanding service. I loved the Mongolian Pork Shanks with the red cabbage. We will return.

• Visited October 2012
Gurnee, Illinois
“Cozy and Comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Great place to meet up with an old friend and catch up. Food was good, wine was good, service was good. Enjoyed it very much.

Racine
“What More Could You Ask For”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

My husband and I have always had excellent dinners at this place along with great drinks and service. If you arrive between 6 and 6:30, you can almost always be seated right away and this has been our strategy at Wine-Knot. If you enjoy dinning outdoors, they have that covered too! The bar also is a comforable spot for dinning and chatting with the very knowledgable bartenders. You can get some basic food here like burgers and meatloaf but they just give it that "step-up" from the ordinary or you can try other delicious meals from very spicy to succulent which we did this evening. My Coconut Curry with the addition of Chicken served over rice was not for the timid, "the heat is on"! Be sure you have a glass of water or a beer for this one! It was a generous portion for which a take-home was in order. My husband ordered the duck. It had a light glaze on it and came sliced, done perfectly as he requested, and he said the best that he's had and will definetely order this again! Hubby says to tell you they always have a great selection of micro beers on tap and they change them periodically. On my behalf, they have a tremendous selection of reasonably priced wines and great martini's. I especially enjoy the Pumpkin Pie martini in the Fall, a "must try" ladies!

• Visited September 2012