“Not Bad” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Kenosha
Houston, Texas
“Not Bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

This was a clean, fairly priced hotel with a helpful staff. There were some housekeeping items that could have used more attention to detail, but the room was fairly clean. located in a good spot with good parking. Not much more to say, and maybe as hotels go, that's a good thing.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
CIS-Kenosha, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kenosha, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide us and Trip Advisor with feedback regarding your stay
I'm so sorry to see your experience with our hotel was just okay. We appreciate feedback like yours because we use it to determine where to focus our efforts. We work constantly to improve our hotel and I hope we will have the opportunity to change your opinion during your next visit to the area. Please contact me directly if you would like me to assist with a future reservation.

Nadia Rodriguez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

First time to Pleasant Prairie/Kenosha area. This hotel is a great location - easy access for the freeway or the main drag. Plenty of restaurants and shopping nearby, including multiple Starbucks for those that need multiple caffeine hits.

Lighting in the main room was a little skimpy - pretty dim with all the lamps lit, but still functional. Nice to have sink, fridge, microwave even though we didn't use them much.

There were problems with the keys though. I'm thinking they didn't bother to program one that they gave us. Consistently 1 key worked fine, but the other never did. Front desk mentioned that they thought they had a batch of "bad keys"..... so perhaps they might check that out instead of continually handing them out????

It was also a parking lottery - sometimes hard to find space, definitely maxed out, but not sure the hotel was full...

Seems as though the rooms were recently upgraded. Nothing very fancy, but clean and serviceable. And decent space. Nice to have 2 separate rooms.

We did not try (or even look at) the breakfast, so can't comment. The room did seem busy most mornings.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Anne,

We thank you for taking your valuable time to provide us with helpful feedback that will help us improve any areas that require improvement. I do apologize about any inadequacies you encountered throughout your stay. I assure you myself and the staff will make improvements for the service deficinsies you mentioned. I am excited to announce we are still undergoing renovations, with lighting being one of the areas to do. We would definately love to have you give us the opportunity to see and enjoy these new changes. If there is anything else I may do for you, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Have a great rest of the week.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here several times over the past year - coming back to visit a sick friend... Always thought that it was adequate... nothing fancy, basically clean....

But, this last trip was just too much. I called and made a reservation... during the call the women on the other end of the line says "I see from your previous stays that you like a quite space away from the stairs and elevator...

So, I check in and, where is my room, but right next to the elevator... Had the desk clerk change my room, but she forgets to change my keys.... another trip to the front desk....

First night - okay - I slept on the pullout couch (the mattress is 3 inches thick and you can feel the frame of the couch... They have updated the furniture, but all the new stuff is really cheap... Big Lots? But, because the hotel is updating the rooms - the work on updating begins at 7 AM... Hammering, Screw Guns, Ripping Open Boxes, Yelling Up & Down the Hallways.... Was woken up early from the noise...

Second night - really? - Went to dinner at Bartley House in downtown Kenosha (want a great steak - this the place to go) about a 15 minute drive from the hotel. Came back to the hotel late in the evening (11:30) and the parking lot was full - so full that people were parking on the snowbanks... I finally found a place to park that wouldn't block other cars or trucks and the night clerk says "If you park there, I will have you towed." I say, "So where should I park?" He says, "You should park in the Cracker Barrel (right next door) parking, but only at your own risk as we can't be responsible."

I finally find a place to park that the night clerk thinks is acceptable.... only to be called at 8 AM for me to move my car...

So I go to bed pissed off and then am awakened early to move my car... Spoke with the manager and he said "Well, I could have had some cars towed, but that would have been a lot for me to deal with and people would have been mad..." ..."you should have just parked at Cracker Barrel" - except that they have towing signs all over their lot... So, he was really telling that it was my problem..

Third night... Parking is almost as bad as the night before... But, as I look around the lot... I notice two very important things. 1. the snow was never properly removed from the lot (snow covers at least 15 spaces. 2. There are 2 huge containers (full of the "new and upgraded furniture") that take up at least 12 spaces. So, again, I park in an area that is not marked and most likely in the way..

Also, the magnetic keys for the place don't work. We had to upgrade / reset them everyday... People from the front desk even had to come up and let us into the room...

Overall, The rooms are dated - (I was in an 'updated' room), the bathroom was beat, but the towels were clean, Skip the breakfast (it it really sad) and head over to Starbucks - 1/2 mile away, Don't expect to sleep in.... Even when there is no upgrading going on, the housekeeping staff chats with each other from one end of the hall to the other and that really tells you just how paper thin the walls are..

Stayed March 2014
CIS-Kenosha, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kenosha, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
I am very sorry for the service deficiencies throughout your stay. I assure you myself and the rest of the management team will work diligently to make sure an inconvenience like this does not occur in the future. I would love to speak to you and personally apologize and also offer you some form on compensation because of this. I did call you and leave you a voicemail, when possible please return my call so I may speak to your further about this situation. Once again, I apologize for any inconvenience caused and I hope you give us the opportunity to exceed your expectations upon your next return.

I look forward to hearing from you. Have a great day!

Kenosha, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

This location for country inn and suites and any other hotel has the nicest staff I ever met! Especially the Best Gm Nadia they are there for any need! And the rooms are verry clan and spacious and nicely decorated with comfortable beds and blankets! And big tv in room! And the pool and jacuzzi area are nice! With a nice workout area and good equipment! And a good breakfast in the mornning! You won't be let down if you come here! I stayed at the best western and the quality inn and suits around the same area but doesn't compare to this place at all!

• Stayed May 2013
CIS-Kenosha, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kenosha, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Kenneth,
Thank you very much for such great feedback. It has always been a pleasure having you and your family here. We are all pleased to know you and your family were and have been satisfied with our services. We all look forward to seeing you guys again and we thank you for your loyalty. Happy Holiday and we wish you a great weekend!

(262)857-3680
Fremont, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is located next to the highway, but we weren't disturbed by noise at all. We were in room 228. Everything was clean and in great condition. Comfortable bed, 4 pillows, extra blankets. Free wifi worked perfectly. Desk clerk was very friendly and helpful. We did not book in advance, but still got a great discounted rate. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013
CIS-Kenosha, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kenosha, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
We are very pleased and satisfied to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is very rewarding to know we met our goal as a team and that you are pleased with our services. It was a pleasure having you and your family here and we look forward to seeing you again. If there is anything else we may do for you, please do not hesitate to contact me. Have a great rest of the week.

(262)857-3680
Tegucigalpa, Honduras
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I am a fan of Country Inn.
This location keeps up very well with the chain's standards.
wifi worked very well.
Breakfast was continental, plus multiple other items, including eggs and bacon, waffle maker.
Rooms were clean, bed comfortable. Bathroom worked well, soft towels
The pool area is very, very nice.
Hot tub was nice and warm and jets worked very well.
The hallways were very well lit and looked bright.
All well kept.
I appreciate that there is always hot coffee in lobby.
USA today for free in lobby, plus a desktop to check emails, etc

Not the hotel's fault, but there is major highway construction. This construction has been going on for a while and will be there for many months to come, so keep a close eye to directions since exits/roads will be closed. I would advice to call ahead.

Other tip is to ask for a room facing north west, opposite highway and parking lot. I asked for a room on NW side, and I could still faintly hear cars on highway, so I can only guess that is loud on other side.

Great place, will come back while on business.

Room Tip: ask for a room facing north west, opposite highway and parking lot, these are opposite loud highway.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
CIS-Kenosha, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kenosha, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thank you for such great feedback. It is very rewarding to know our staff and services are up to standard and your approval. It is our goal as a team to make sure our guests have an enjoyable stay and enjoy all of our amenities. We are happy to know we did just that for you. We do apologize about the inconvenience with the construction and its noise. Luckily, there is only a short period of time of that left then we all will get to enjoy the overall beneficial product. We look forward to hearing from you again, if there is anything else I may do for you, please do not hesitate to contact us. Have a great weekend!

P.262.857.3680
Jorpeland, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

The property was clean and also seemed more light and open than most Country Inn & Suites. The staff was great and their 1-bedroom suites are also nicer compared to other hotels in the brand. Was welcomed as a Club Carlson Gold Elite. Breakfast also had more choices than normally at a continental breakfast. Would definitely stay here again if in the Kenosha-area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
CIS-Kenosha, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kenosha, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Thank you so much for the wholehearted endorsement of our hotel. We really appreciate your nice review. I am also happy to know you received great service from the front desk. Please introduce yourself, if you have the opportunity, during your next visit. It would be my pleasure to meet you in person. We thank you for your stay and we look forward to hearing from you again. If there is anything we can do for you, please do not hesitate to contact us. Have a great weekend!

Kind Regards,

P. 262.857.3680
F. 262.857.3670

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kenosha? Share your experiences!