“Nice environment but the food is not good!!” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 212 Restaurants in Kenosha
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Wine Bar, Eclectic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A great restaurant offering big city atmosphere and quality in the heart of downtown Kenosha
Kenosha, Wisconsin
“Nice environment but the food is not good!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2010

I have been twice to Sazzy B's, I was happy to finally see another trendy place open in downtown Kenosha.
I really liked the atmosphere, we had drinks at the bar and that was fine. The bartender was courteous and friendly.
Then came the food….The entrees were cafeteria style...I had the grilled salmon which was okay but piled on top of a huge hill of bouillon tasting starchy rice.
Next time I tried the “Ahi Tuna”…this was tuna cut in slices piled on cous-cous pearls which overcooked and in an extremely bitter sauce.
Others had the “Cajun Pasta with Chicken”….this needs to be served with a spoon…totally mushy pasta. It was something you would taste in the frozen meal section.
The “Chicken Saltimbocca”…not sure what they were trying to do there but it was basically boiled chicken in red sauce once again piled on rice….which we all thought were mashed potatoes.
As far as the service...well that was mediocre..a little too green.
It’s hard to believe that every aspect of the décor and style is seemingly so carefully thought out and then the food is so terrible in taste and presentation. I can’t figure out what they are trying to do. They are lacking in simplicity...too much mush! Sad indeed because Kenosha is in dire need of quality cuisine restaurants…if I go back it will only be for cocktails.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Kenosha, Wisconsin
“Great place to eat, enjoy the music wihile eating good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2010

Hi,

I've been to Sazzy B's twice already and I thought it was time for me to share my experience with you.
I was looking for a new place the other day for a date with my wife and (here) I found 1 review (a positive one) about this place that I've never heard of.
I looked at their website (under construction) to find the menu. I did not think too long to decide that we would try it.
Twice we went on a wednesday (the second time with my in-laws and I convinced a coworker to bring his wife and their parents there - the same night - to celebrate his wife's birthday). The crowd is moderate and even with 1 waitress and 1 bartender they offer a really good service. We arrived at 6:30pm and at 7:00pm the musician started playing the piano. On weekends (saturday nights I think) they have a band and they try not to have the same ones to offer variety. Their style is Jazz.
I think that Sazzy B's is a beautiful building and everything inside is nice, clean and spacious and well thought.
Their menu is interesting, they try to update it as often as they can. The food is good. One thing I liked when I looked at the menu the first time was that they advise you on what type of wine would go best with the entrees. They also have 1/2 price on beers and wines on wednesdays (and other "specials" on different days).
Bottom line, the food, service are great and the location is nice and to the question : Would you recommend this restaurant to a friend... I would answer : I already did ! and he will go back !
I would warn you about one thing is that they don't have highchairs, so if you plan on going with your Lil' One, be prepared.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“a cute jazz place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2010

The resturant has live jazz music and is around the beautiful lake front. The servers were very nice and attentive.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Winthrop Harbor, Illinois
“Overpriced for mediocre food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2010

Sazzy B’s is a perfect place to meet up for a martini or drink of your choice. It is in a great location with beautiful interior and friendly service. However, the food was just not impressive. I ranked the service only as average because it took a very long time for our food to come out, not due to the wait staff.

• 2 of 5 stars Food
Racine, WI
“A Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

The only reason I heard of this place was because of a newsletter announcing a wine tasting event at this restaurant. I found the menu online and my husband and I decided to give it a try. The fontina fondue was really good. I liked my fish tacos and my husband liked his seafood pasta dish. They have a chocolate fondue for dessert, but we were too full to try it. We chose to eat our meal at the bar which was a fantastic decision. Our bartender Mike went above and beyond in service. He custom made a raspberry chocolate martini. Delish! He even ran out to get manchego cheese for my husband (it was Wednesday night and they weren't too busy). I appreciate the clean, neat and contemporary atmosphere. They have live bands on the weekend and run nice specials during the week. Wednesday night was 1/2 price wine by the bottle or glass. We'll be back again. Check them out.

• 4 of 5 stars Food