“Nice breakfast.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn & Suites

You added Comfort Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Comfort Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7206 122nd Ave, Kenosha, WI 53142 (Formerly Quality Suites Kenosha)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Kenosha
“Nice breakfast.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

I stayed here everything was nice except for the fact that my key card would keep deactivating! This was hard going up and down each time I needed in my room considering I have a 18 month old on the 3rd floor.

• Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Saint Paul, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

I am a Diamond member of Choice hotels and stay in their chain of hotels all over. I have stayed in over 40 nights of hotels. Comfort Suites are supposed to be there top of the line brand. This was by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed in! All the way down to their staff. Upon checking in the check in clerk was rude and non helpful. The TV stations don't even come in. Everything about the hotel was dirty. The hallways were dirty and grungy. They had a pull out desk that when I pulled it out, the part under the other desk was full of dust! There were scratches all over the furniture. The receptionist got upset one night that a group of people didn't put the tables in the breakfast area back, and while I was trying to have a nice conversation with a family member that I hadn't seen in a while, she was slamming the chairs and tables all over the place like it was the worst thing to have ever happened. Very poor value (very expensive place) for such a run down hotel.

Room Tip: My tip is to not stay here!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

In March I stayed at the Comfort Suites in Kenosha for 3 nights. This hotel was booked through work for a business trip so I knew nothing of the hotel before my arrival. The hotel is located just off the interstate but wasn't obviously seen from the highway; it took some meandering and turning around to find it. I arrived a little after 2am and found the door locked. There was no phone or buzzer to notify anyone, and no staff at the front desk. I knocked on the door and waited for about 5 minutes before a person came and let me in. (I almost think she was sleeping in the lobby or watching tv and didn't hear me....) She could have been friendlier, considering I stood outside for so long holding my luggage.
I was assigned room 213. Positives: The room itself was large. The first room had a couch, coffee table, desk, tv, microwave, fridge and sink; this room had a door to the interior bedroom with a king bed and tv. The two rooms were separated by a bathroom. The morning breakfast was ok and the hotel internet was reliable. Near many restaurants. Negatives: The room seemed clean, but file was broken on the bathroom floor held down with masking tape, carpet borders peeling from the wall, poor shower pressure, etc.; pillows too mushy & lumpy to be comfortable for sleeping; unfriendly staff; noise from interstate; trashy parking lot and frontage road.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Boonsboro, MD
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

We stayed three nights as part of a wedding. Otherwise we would not have stayed more than the first 10 minutes.

I have stayed in MANY MANY hotels and motels, this was by far the poorest in quality, cleanliness and service. When we first pulled up there were three employees sitting outside the front door smoking. We entered the empty lobby and one of the three scurried in as she blew out her cigarette smoke to check us in. The room was so dirty. When you can see the dirt, you have to wonder what you can't see, like how long since the comforter has been laundered.

We did not get maid service the first day, the second day there was a note to say our room was too cluttered to clean. It was just an excuse to get out of cleaning it. They didn't bother to empty trash or replenish towels or coffee. We called them back and all they did was remake the beds. They NEVER changed sheets, vacuumed or cleaned any of the sink or bathroom areas. YUK !

My niece was not able to stay after the wedding because the room they gave her had a broken door and they had no more rooms. It was a long drive home for her late at night after a very long day. They had a toddler in tow which made it that much more difficult. She had reserved a month prior and was left out in the cold. Unforgivable.!

Keep an eye on your bill. We had several discrepancies and so did others in our party. Now I'm at home and my CC bill does not agree with my receipt.

I will say that the staff was freindly and pleasant. Why not, they sure weren't working very hard.

Room Tip: pick another hotel. There are a few good ones RIGHT THERE. I wish we'd moved.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2011

I stayed here for two nights...
Queen double bed room.
Breakfast was the best I ever had in any motel in America.. The rooms are old but clean and spacious. The bathroom was neat and clean with all essential toiletries available.
Tv was cathode ray tube. Remote functional... Overall a decent place to spend night... Would come back n stay here only...

• Stayed December 2011
texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011

We stayed at this hotel on a Friday night using Choice points. Our first room did not have a TV in the Living Room and was very noisy next to the elevator. We were moved to a 2nd room that was missing the microwave (not a problem for us). Then we couldn't get the TV in the bedroom to work. Maintenance got the Tv from our first room and it didn't work either. We realized it was because the switch at the sink was off that opperated the socket in the bedroom. Just weird!! About 10:00 I was making coffee for the next morning and THERE WAS OLD COFFEE IN THE POT WITH MOLD FLOATING ON TOP!!! The old grounds were still in the basket. I took the pot with the mold to the front desk and he was very nice and sorry for the incident. He sent another coffee maker to the room and I had to wipe a little coffee off it as well. After that, I just didn't have much confidence in the cleaniness of the room and took a wet wash rag to most surfaces. I noticed the bed skirt was very sloppy and the cabinet under the sink in the living room was chipped and needed attention. The staff was very attentive and helpful and refunded our points. The hallways, especially near the elevator, was just nasty looking. The exercise room was very disappointing. The pool was cloudy but the hot tub look OK. On the good side, the bed slept well and the breakfast was good. The breakfast area is large with many choices. I doubt these Texans will ever be in Kenosha again, but definately will not stay here. Housekeeping needs some MAJOR training!

Room Tip: Just don't know.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
getmetherenow
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

I have been coming to the Comfort Suites for years and have always appreciated the spacious rooms with a mini fridge at a reasonable price. The maintenance on the property was always acceptable too. The beds have always been comfortable. Now however, the property is starting to look worn. Cabinetry in the breakfast area is starting to look battered. Although it is a nonsmoking facility, the former smoking rooms still have very strong cigarette stenches to them. I was put in one of them this trip and had to be moved because it was very noticeable. Housekeeping staff needs to learn how to "edge" vacuum the place as the dust was piling up along the edges and corners of the carpets. My biggest complaint this trip, however was the comforters on the beds. They were absolutely gross and in desperate need of laundering or replacing. There were "crusty" spots that looked like lotion had been spattered on a corner of the comforter, some unidentifiable spots, and then blood dribbled down the side like someone had maybe cut themselves shaving their legs and brushed the side of the bed. I didn't want to set any of my items on top of the beds because of this. Needless to say, I pulled those off when I went to bed. Other than that, the breakfast was the normal continental with waffles, scrambled eggs and biscuits and gravy added to the menu for some variety. No complaints there. My room was very quiet, which I had requested. It's primarily the better job vacuuming and washing or replacing the comforters that is my main complaint. I may consider a different hotel for my next trip as this was pretty disgusting.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!