“I will never go back” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn & Suites

You added Comfort Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Comfort Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7206 122nd Ave, Kenosha, WI 53142 (Formerly Quality Suites Kenosha)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Kenosha
Belleville, Wisconsin
“I will never go back”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

Very disappointed, had to be moved 3 times before getting a room that had a working air conditioner, a sofa bed that wasnt broken, and a tub that would drain. There were no sheets for the sofa bed I had to get some and then make it myself. the pool was so dirty you couldnt see your feet. I stayed in a two room suite with my employees and felt bad that we didnt get to bed until 1 o clock and had to get up early to work. Just a terrible experiance. When i asked for a refund they said i had to talk to corporate but didnt give me info to call anyone.

Room Tip: Check everything out before unpacking
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

We had lost power due to a storm in Illinois and we needed a hotel room for the night. When we called to make reservations they had asked us if we were calling due to the blackout and promptly offered us a 30 dollar discount for the night. Once we checked in we were given two rooms next to each other. The rooms were spacious and clean but one of the rooms had an air conditioning unit that was not working properly. They quickly offered us an upgraded room at no additional charge. The entire staff was a pleasure to deal with.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Waupaca, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

We had a 2 room suite, it was dusty, it was run down. The room had peeling wall paper. There was a mouse trap by the ice machine. We had to get towels and sheets for the pull out couch, because they were not provided for us. We were disappointed the hot tub was not working. I had made the reservation the night before we stayed there with them. They could have mentioned it. The only thing that impressed me about this motel was there continental breakfest was good. They had ice coffee which was the 1st time I ever seen this on a breakfast. Also they had a variety of breakfast foods, bacon, eggs, waffles, yogurt, hard boiled egg. lots more,, There is a Best Western right next door that seemed to look nicer from the pictures

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Kenosha, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2011

The room was clean and spacious enough. But, I tried to use the fitness room and it consisted of a broken stationary bike and a very old elliptical that didn't function very well.
Also, the whirlpool was broken, so between that and the fitness room, we were disappointed in the hotel overall.

A bit outdated overall, but a decent place to stay for the price. Probably wouldn't comeback if they don't fix the pool and fitness area.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2011 via mobile

Came here for my brothers graduation, and on first arrival, they have us a room that wasn't even cleaned yet. Second room they have us was stuffy, air conditioner didn't work well and was loud, so we were sweating and kept awake all night. Not to mention the shower smelled so sour, we could smell it even with the door closed. Third and final room they sent their cleaning manager in before we got in there, which I appreciated. But when I went to inspect it, first thing I had to do was kill a centipede coming out of the bathroom. If I had not been there for a major thing, I would have completely changed hotels. I know the staff tried, but they were making a silk purse out of a sows ear. If they made modular hotels, I would think this was one of them. On the upside, they did have a great breakfast every morning. But this won't happen again. I was disappointed, because they're usually pretty good. Unfortunately there was not a person in my family that was sorry to leave.

• Stayed June 2011
Green Bay, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2011

Travelling for teenagers activities; this time another gymnastics meet. I try to be detailed and honest about everything.

Checkin: We checked in at 3:45pm and it was very quick and efficient. Perhaps took three minutes.

Room: We were on the first floor which is different from other floors. We had 15 foot high ceilings with ceiling fans. Other floors did not have these two items. When you open the door you enter the living room area. There is a double size sleeper sofa, floor lamp, a rectangular coffee table, L-shaped desk with chair and a swivel table top lamp with additional outlets for PC, etc. Wireless internet is throughout the hotel. In this room is a counter with sink, microwave, fridge, coffee maker and accessories and small dresser drawers. The sofa appeared to be clean, but upon inspection of the rest of the room we requested a flat sheet and covered it....just in case. There is a locking door which separates the living room from the bedroom. Upon entering the bedroom there is a door on one side that leads to the toilet and shower. Across from this door is a vanity with mirror and sink. I like this type of setup as then someone doesn't hog the bathroom putting on makeup, etc. when someone else needs to shower. There were two queen size beds, an upholstered chair with a floor lamp, a long dresser drawer with six long drawers and a TV on top. There was also a small closet area (no door) with a luggage stand and hangers. The duvets were fairly clean, but we always remove these. The sheets appeared clean, but upon further inspection one bed was not and the other bed had two large red stains on the matteress and running down the side of the box spring. I requested clean sheets and remade the beds myself. Then I knew they were clean. I could have requested another room, but felt they would all be similar upon inspecting two others on the same floor. There were thick mattress covers on top of the mattresses which made for a very comfortable sleep.

Pool Area: The pool area was a little small and the pool was not the average hotel size. I didn't mind that, but the swimming pool was cloudy and had an odor (definitely not chlorine) it so we did not use it. Because of the condition of the swimming pool I decided the hot tub woul be off limits to the teenagers also.

Excercise Room: The is a room next to the pool which may have been a storage room in the past? It contained two pieces of equipment: an eliptical machine which was cracked on the rear portion and an old (8 years?) stationary bicycle.

Breakfast: The breakfast was quite good and the person attending the breakfast supplies was very attentive and good at keeping items well stocked. (We stayed Friday night through Sunday morning.) There were two juices (orange, apple), plus flavored water (mango), along with a cold mocha thing. Various small pastries, bagels, french toast (to be warmed in the toaster), wheat and white bread. The standard Choice Hotel waffles along with biscuits with a warm gravy with sausage bits along with sausage links and scrambled eggs. Also Fruit Loop type cold cereal and regular Cheerios type along with whole and 2% milk. There is also a coffee/tea counter with two types of regular coffee, decaf, cocoa mix, and various teas. This was perhaps the best part of the stay.

Checkout: Very quick and efficient.....perhaps ten seconds!!

FUN: One block away is a tourist stop - Brat Stop - the "the last good Wisconsin brat before Illinois." Tour busses seemed to stop there twice per day and the food was unique (brat panini, brat salsa, brad linquini) and good.

OTHER IMPORTANT/MISCELLANEOUS ITEMS: The neighborhood is old and did not seem very good. My 16 year old son was hanging out in the lobby area and witnessed a drunken fight between some guests (12:15am). One man punched a woman in the face (blood ran down her chin), another adult was going to call the police, but the hurt woman physically treatened to "pulverize" the adult offering to call. The incident ended when they all left the lobby for their rooms. My son returned to the room and told me what happened. I asked him what the desk person did and he said she hadn't been around for about 45 minutes. I went to the lobby ten minutes later and the front desk person was not anywhere in the general vincinity. One hour later I went to the lobby and found her with her boyfriend on the sofa in the lounge area where the TV was. I asked for two additional towels and was immediately provided four!!! I am not sure if her boyfriend lived in the hotel, but he was always hanging around, even at breakfast when she wasn't working.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Chicagoland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2010

My husband and I were in the area for a visit with friends. I booked by phone and even got the AAA rate for $85.00, which seemed like a really super good deal. If I knew then what I know now, I'd have happily paid an extra $20 or $40 for a CLEAN room at another hotel

From the outside it looked like a nice hotel. The parking lot was pretty full of nice SUVs too so I figured it would be a decent spot. The lobby looked similar to a nice chain we usually stay at but the room (#204) was seriously grungy. If it wasn't so late when we checked in, we would have definitely gone somewhere else. I'm actually mad at myself for being so tired and stupid that we stayed there but it won't happen again!

Carpets were old and dirty (like where you don't want to put your bare feet on it), some furniture in the office area of the "suite" was broken, heat switch was cracked and dirty, heat (or whatever ventilation that was supposed to be) caused a terrible low hum in the room, one nightstand lamp didn't work, the other lights in the bedroom took a minute to turn on (which was a little creepy electrically). Bed linens looked wrinkly and what was so much worse was the top bedcover was stained (eeewwww!). There were also stains on the only chair in the room (I don't even want to know from what!) Bathroom had peeling wallpaper and a tub/shower where parts of it were worn away revealing the black beneath the white. The carpet didn't even fit the contours of the bathroom floor at the corners so there were areas of cement beneath the dingy carpet. Did I mention the closet door (or whatever fabric that was supposed to cover the closet) had been removed so the bed stared at the open closet? Even the window treatments looked wrinkly. It was a creepy, dingy place.

As I said, it was so late when we checked in, we just peeled back the cruddy bedcover and crawled in. Unfortunately, the low hum was so bad (and we were so tired after listening to it for a few hours) we turned off whatever the ventilation was. In the end, we both ended up not really able to sleep. Did I mention the walls are really thin so you could hear the guy in the next room yawning! Seriously. I am not kidding.

Maybe I should have complained to the desk but I felt it was pointless. I mean, what kind of a business even offers a room like this to a customer? Needless to say I will never stay at one of these places again. Better to pay the extra and get something halfway decent.

P.S. When we checked in the front desk clerk told us the "24 hour" pool was "temporarily closed for a couple of hours."

P.P.S. And the capper; my husband waited until we left in the morning to tell me that he killed a bug in the shower. Yikes!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!