“Pleasant stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Kenosha
Melbourne, Florida
“Pleasant stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

My daughter and I and my two grandchildren spent the night at this hotel. It was very comfortable, everything is updated and the kitchen was fantastic. The staff was very friendly. I would recommend staying at this hotel.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Cheyenne, Wyoming
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

There were three adults who stayed here while visiting family in the area. We booked two connecting rooms and were really happy with the accommodations. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. There was an issue with a television in one of the rooms and it was the next afternoon before it was taken care of but the staff was great about it... we weren't there to watch t.v. anyway. The rooms are large, both of our rooms had two queen beds,

The maid service does not come every day, you may actually have to request it but I'm kind of a neat freak so I didn't mind making my own bed and cleaning up behind myself.

There is a full size refrigerator, microwave, two burner cooktop, coffee pot, sink and dishwasher. The cabinets are stocked with the basics of what you'll need for the kitchen. There's a built in table/desk with a computer chair and a dining chair. The room has a large closet with a laundry basket, iron and ironing board. The bathroom is quite large with vanity, commode and bathtub/shower. There were two queen beds, a leather recliner, flat panel t.v. and dvd player. The room large and very comfortable. My only real complaint is that I wore socks every night and by the time I would take them off to go to bed they were quite dirty. Other than that everything else was great.

There is a work out room, laundry room and computer area on the first floor. Wifi is also part of the package.

The hotel is in a convenient location with a 24hr grocery store right down the road, plenty of restaurants and a gas station.

We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

I came to your hotel last year shortly after the death of my 21 year old son. I was at a very bad place in my life, and I was very unsure of so much. I was spending a month at your hotel and I can honestly say that if it was not for the kindness and compassion of your staff, I feel my experience would have been unpleasant. Cindi is by far one of the sweetest managers I have ever met. She made sure that anything I needed I had and was very sensitive to my needs in everyway. Kelly, Stephanie and Elle were also very compassionate to everything my family and I had been through. They were not just staff any longer they all became friends. Everyone here made me feel at home and when I had a bad day they were there to make it better. I have recommended your hotel to family and friends and I now consider Candlewood as my home away from home. Thank you so much for taking pride in your staff and your hotel. I will be back every year until I move home. Sincerely Kary Zurn

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Madison, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

The location was great the staff knew where to get a good breakfast at a great price. The flat screen and wireless are great. The common areas need to be cleaned especially the carpet. Also this chain still has that aweful coffee.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Thomasville, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

This has to be the worst $150 that I ever spent. It's a Motel 6 masquerading as something else.

The positives -

* The red-head gal at the desk, who was actually nice & pleasant

The negatives -

* Terrible bed with terrible bedding. Had an extremely uncomfortable sleep on coarse, pilled, polyester sheets.
* Cooling system. Was extremely loud & uneven. Did not maintain temperature in the room.
* Plumbing. Sinks that are slow to drain. Toilets which sometimes flush, other times don't.
* Employees. Who use the BBQ station for a smoking station, apparently inviting their friends who drink alcohol at all hours of the day, including morning.
* Parking lot. Which is being used to store bikes & trailers. It's also being used for sexual encounters mid-day, broad daylight hours, in the back. Classy.
* Housekeeping. Which appears to be good on the surface, but is truly lacking when you look in dust-filled corners, at dusty mirrors, at hair-laden bathroom surfaces, at what appears to be mold in the bathrooms. Plenty of bugs are on the first floor too. Just yuck.
* Fixtures & Furnishing. Fixtures are tacky, construction-grade 20-buck items from Menard's. Furnishings are a cheap veneer & show excessive wear, chips, tears, nicks. The florescent-type overhead lighting is the heighy of tacky. No, take that back. The vinyl chairs are the height of tacky.

If this is the best place to stay in Kenosha, I feel sorry for those who visit Kenosha. On my next trip, I'll choose the Marriott in Racine or a property in Gurnee or North Chicago for $150.

I gave Holiday Inn & its properties an opportunity to win-back my business after a terrible stay in FLA about 7 years ago. I won't give them another opportunity again. I don't recommend. I won't be back ... to this property or any other Holiday Inn property. Ever. Again.

Room Tip: Try another hotel
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Burbs of Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

Used this hotel for one night during the Illinois Age Group swimming championships in July 2011. Upon Arrival told there were no more double bed suites so they gave us 2 adjoining king suites which was even better. The suites are nicely appointed and the kitchen area is a bonus. The suites were large and comfortable. Air conditioner was a little loud but it was tolerable. Very little noise heard from others around us. Very close to shopping and restaurants. Front desk staff super friendly and accomodating. Only draw back to making this super family friendly is the lack of a pool.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Mold, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2011

We had a king studio which had a fridge, stove top, and microwave. However the room was clearly set up for one person rather than two. Only one bedside table, and one light by one side of the bed. The bed was almost against the wall on the other side making it tricky for the oher person to get in and out. Despite having silverware, glasses, and plates there was no corkscrew which was a bit irksome. The guest laundry is free which is a plus point but out of three washers and four dryers there was only one of each available as apparently the maids were using all of the others. Maid service was weekly not daily too, which is unusual at this price point. But despite all that it was clean and the staff were friendly and efficient, and it was in a relatively quiet area so no road noise. All in all "OK" but there are other similary priced hotels in the area that have a fridge and a microwave and are, in my opinion, better. If you need/want a stovetop though, I guess it's fine.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Candlewood Suites Kenosha? Share your experiences!