This has to be the worst $150 that I ever spent. It's a Motel 6 masquerading as something else.
The positives -
* The red-head gal at the desk, who was actually nice & pleasant
The negatives -
* Terrible bed with terrible bedding. Had an extremely uncomfortable sleep on coarse, pilled, polyester sheets.
* Cooling system. Was extremely loud & uneven. Did not maintain temperature in the room.
* Plumbing. Sinks that are slow to drain. Toilets which sometimes flush, other times don't.
* Employees. Who use the BBQ station for a smoking station, apparently inviting their friends who drink alcohol at all hours of the day, including morning.
* Parking lot. Which is being used to store bikes & trailers. It's also being used for sexual encounters mid-day, broad daylight hours, in the back. Classy.
* Housekeeping. Which appears to be good on the surface, but is truly lacking when you look in dust-filled corners, at dusty mirrors, at hair-laden bathroom surfaces, at what appears to be mold in the bathrooms. Plenty of bugs are on the first floor too. Just yuck.
* Fixtures & Furnishing. Fixtures are tacky, construction-grade 20-buck items from Menard's. Furnishings are a cheap veneer & show excessive wear, chips, tears, nicks. The florescent-type overhead lighting is the heighy of tacky. No, take that back. The vinyl chairs are the height of tacky.
If this is the best place to stay in Kenosha, I feel sorry for those who visit Kenosha. On my next trip, I'll choose the Marriott in Racine or a property in Gurnee or North Chicago for $150.
I gave Holiday Inn & its properties an opportunity to win-back my business after a terrible stay in FLA about 7 years ago. I won't give them another opportunity again. I don't recommend. I won't be back ... to this property or any other Holiday Inn property. Ever. Again.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Kenosha Hotel
- Candlewood Suites Kenosha Hotel Kenosha
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kenosha, WI Hotel is Ideal for Relocating Families and Corporate Housing Conveniently located halfway between Milwaukee and Chicago, Kenosha is a beautiful city that offers a variety of attractions. If you are planning an extended business trip or your family is relocating to the area, the Candlewood Suites Kenosha is the perfect place to stay. Just three miles from our extended stay hotel in Kenosha is the Kenosha Regional Airport. You will find getting to major business parks such as the Lakeview Corporate Park and Kenosha Business Park easy, as they are both within five miles of the hotel. We are near many major corporate businesses. While staying with us, you can spend a day outdoors hiking the trails in Illinois Beach State Park. Or, spend a day shopping at the Prime Outlet Mall, which is just three miles from our lodgings in Kenosha. Historic downtown Kenosha offers a variety of eclectic shops and restaurants. This beautiful district is just six miles from our extended stay hotel in Kenosha. 'Consider us home' while you stay at our brand new Kenosha, WI hotel and enjoy our top-of-the-line amenities. Each of our suites has a full kitchen with cookware and dishes. Our hotel also includes a 24hr convenience store. You can relax and watch a complimentary DVD from our lending library. Our hotel in Kenosha has all the amenities you need, so you can feel like you are at home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Candlewood Suites Kenosha reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.