“Favorite place for an overnight stay in Janesville” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Janesville

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Janesville to your Saves list
Motel 6 Janesville
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3907 Milton Ave, I-90 at Exit 171-A/Hwy 26, Janesville, WI 53546   |
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Janesville
“Favorite place for an overnight stay in Janesville”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

I live in Indiana but we frequently visit family in Minnesota. We stay 3-4 times per year at this hotel for an overnight "pitstop" while traveling. It is nothing fancy but it is a great value. It is always clean. Pets are welcome and even get a treat when checking in. It is easy access to the interstate. And while they do not have breakfast, there is coffee available in the office in the morning.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Wheeler,Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

My husband and I come to Janesville once or twice a year to visit family and friends. We usually stay at Econolodge but this trip they were booked solid, so I tried Motel 6. The price was right, BUT you get what you pay for. The room was clean but very small. There was no coffee maker or alarm clock, not even a box of tissue. There are no drawers in the desk or night stands, only shelves. The bathroom was roomy, but the towels were small and thin and only two provided. The biggest issue we had was the theft of some personal property. The maid claimed no knowledge of course. The manager was helpful and called the police so we could make a report. We will NEVER stay there again!! The EconoLodge down the street is a much better choice.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dayton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I always park within sight of my room. Janesville, WI has some crime due to being right off I-95. Rooms are clean. Good laundry. Wifi included. Coupon in hotel guide will get you a single for less than $45.00 (tax included).

Room Tip: Park where you can see your vehicle
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I stayed at this motel a few years ago and found it much the same this summer. The woman at the front desk was exceptionally nice and friendly, and even gave me treats for my two dogs. The room was small but there was a fridge and microwave.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here because it was inexpensive, and we were only going to be there for six hours. Checking in was easy, staff friendly. Went to our room, and there were six people sitting outside smoking. Not good. When we opened to door to the room, it smelled musty. Not good. Bed was fine, and room was clean. You get what you pay for!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Newton, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Pulling into a driveway of a Motel 6 can sometimes be entertaining, creepy, scary, bothersome, or pleasant. I work in Des Moines, IA and I have traveled and stayed in larger metro cities, so pulling up and seeing an elderly woman sitting on the curb in a stocking hat and winter coat in June, (temp was in the 80's) and the staff or other guests around her talking to her didn't exactly spook me like it did my wife, but it did give me a sense of unease. What was the cliental of this hotel?
The checking in process went fine, the staff behind the counter was pleasant, but I felt a bit hurried, as she was out the door holding a soda can and conversing with the group before I could get back to our vehicle.
We drove around to the side of our hotel room and proceeded to unpack. I noticed in the upper floor, right hand corner rooms, a large group of adults opening the curtains and watching us. I told the wife that we better completely unload the car or we may not have anything left in the morning. Both rooms watched us unload everything, I was debating whether to stay or leave and find another hotel down the road.
After we got unloaded and closed the door, we noticed that the door won't close all the way. When we opened the door, the dead bolt had came out, not letting the door close. I had to twist the deadbolt knob and hold it while I shut the door. Once the door was closed, you could gently pull on the door and it would come open from the inside, luckily it didn't do that if you were trying to come in from the outside. But after fiddling with the deadbolt, giggling the doorknob and pushing on the door until everything engaged and locked, the door stayed latched. Which proved bothersome for my wife who makes frequent trips outside while we stay in hotels.
Can't exactly tell you about the bed, it was your typical firmer hotel bed, but I think I was just so exhausted from the last couple days of our trip I went into a coma until morning.
Check-out went ok and the staff even wished us a wonderful day as we left.
Bottom line, the room was clean, the staff pleasant, there was no coffee maker in the room (which I wasn't sure if Motel 6's had), went across the road to Wal-Mart (nice store) to purchase one, don't remember much of the night. In the morning, made coffee, showered, packed up the car (all four tires were still there, no broken windows) and headed to our next destination. Made it through the experience, but made the comment to my wife we may want to think about upping our standards a bit when we travel.

Room Tip: Make sure your door closes and locks when you leave and after entering your room. Recommend first fl...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Newton, Iowa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

My husband and I stayed here on Monday night, June 9, while on vacation. Because my husband can receive discounts due to his job, he typically finds one that fits not only our budget but fits into the perimeter of where we are traveling to. We have stayed at other Motel 6 locations and in my opinion, this one was the worst! Why? When we pulled into the lot so that he could go get us checked in, I opted to stay with the vehicle and observe the surroundings - which was probably my mistake! Seeing what we "assumed" was either a homeless person or someone who was living at the motel and obviously hadn't had a shower in months, sitting right outside the front lobby door, instantly put me (and I'm sure, my husband) on guard! With that being said, as we traveled around to the other side of the motel, to find our first floor room, we observed other guests watching US! My mind was on full alert. I was thankful for the parking right outside our door, so that whenever I went outside to have a cigarette, I could sit in our vehicle and not be so alarmed! The construction guys grilling from the back of their pickups didn't bother me, as it reminded me of a time years ago, in a former life. Forgetting that Motel 6 locations typically don't have coffee pots in the room, we made a Wal*Mart run, which was right across the busy highway...a very nice Wal*Mart, no less...to purchase a coffee pot, filters and coffee!!!! The door to our room wasn't the best in the west, either, so going in and out, got tiresome! The BEST thing about this motel was the proximity to Cracker Barrel restaurant! My husband and I even talked about "upping our standards" on the next vacation! Sometimes, cheaper ISN'T always better! After reading some other reviews, I'm seriously wondering - were we in the SAME place??

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the first floor if you are a smoker or if you are concerned about the safety of yo...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Motel 6 Janesville? Share your experiences!