“Rude Service” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Janesville
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Rude Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

Was in town for Water Ski Show Nationals and from past reviews decided to give the hotel my business. WRONG DECISION. Checked into room and it appeared clean, later to find dirty underwear under bed. First night A/C kept comming on and off and never really cooled the room. When I got back from the tournament the next night I called down to the desk to report that the A/C was not working at all and the room was about 87 degrees. The Desk Clerk on duty told me to turn the thermostat up and down a couple of times and it would work. Tried but not luck, she then informed me that there was nothing that she could do, all rooms were sold. I finally went and bought a fan to cool the room down some.
Next morning I reported the problem to the Desk Clerk and she said there was nothing she could do. Very rudely I must say. Will never stay at a Microtel again. Learned my lesson.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

I have stayed at this motel on the average of 10-nights a year for the last 5-years and have always been satisfied with the clean and comfortable rooms. The WIFI and cable are adequate and there is a free computer for those who don't have a laptop. There had been some issues with smoke, but those have been corrected as the property is now smoke free.

This is not a 5-star luxury hotel. But for 50 or 60 a night, right off the interstate, with ample chain restaurants and an upscale (for Janesville) shopping center nearby, this clean, safe, comfortable motel is fine.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Saint Paul, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2011

Not sure why, but when I'm looking for a place for the night I tend to forget about the Microtel chain. I've stayed at a few and so far they seem to be a step above the Red Roof (two above the Motel6's) and above the Super 8's and Days Inn but without the extra's. Extra's that I don't use.
Front desk was helpful at checkin and again in finding me when someone told them that I'd left my lights on :( That saved me a few dollars.
I'll be back and need to remember to look for this chain. Right next door to food and fast food, stores.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Bogart
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2011

OUTSTANDING for a good night's sleep! I found this no-frills motel to offer outstanding quality for a very reasonable price. The mattress, pillow and bedding were perfect, and the room was beautifully blacked out!! Even the clock had black digital numbers, and no light came in under the hall door. The room had a wardrobe, window seat, desk/chair, and nightstands on either side of the bed. Just enough, and not too much. I can't tell you how thrilled I was with this room. I want to buy that exact bed/bedding for my own bedroom!!! The rooms are small, but I didn't need even that much. I needed sleep, and amazingly, I got it!!

Room Tip: Choose the hall away from the breakfast area.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
hotel28413, Front Office Manager at Microtel Inn by Wyndham Janesville, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you for your great review. We hope to see you again soon.
Abbotsford, British Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2011

After arriving at the Microtel Inn from a terrible experience at another hotel in town, we were greeted with some of the friendliest service to answer all of our questions. The young man at the front desk (sorry I have forgotten his name) went above and beyond in every way to personally take care of us and make sure that we felt safe secure and satisfied. The rates were fantastic, the rooms are great but most of all we LOVED the friendly service (If a manager is reading this you should give that man a promotion and a raise!)

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
hotel28413, Front Office Manager at Microtel Inn by Wyndham Janesville, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope that you will come back soon to stay with us.
Green Bay, WI
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2011

This is by far the worst Microtel, worst hotel experience ever. The room was filthy, wallpaper peeling off the walls. The bathroom was even worse, cracking and peeling plaster, the sink and toilet looked 50 years old, the ledge at the top of the shower was full of old used soap and bandaids. I booked over the phone and was quoted a price, when I checked in the "General Manager" was working the front desk...he stated a higher price but was going to give me a "special" deal and not to tell anyone as he would get into lots of trouble....the "special" price was the one already quoted to me on the phone. When I e-mailed my review to the company I was informed that the General Manager would contact me within 48 hrs, a week later after sending another e-mail a female front desk employee called me and stated that they knew the hotel was in bad shape but they were wokring on it and offered to give me a $10 refund. Very poor customer service!! Stay at the Holiday Inn right next door!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
hotel28413, Front Office Manager at Microtel Inn by Wyndham Janesville, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
We do apologize for the condition of the room you checked into. Since your stay we have new housekeepers and management and do hope that you will give our hotel another chance. We have done some remodeling to the hotel since your stay also.

Travelers are raving about these Janesville hotels

Saint Charles, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2010

While enjoying a girls weekend, my girlfriend and I made reservations for this Microtel some months prior to our arrival. After a long day of visiting sites in Southern Wisconsin, we arrived at the Janesville Microtel around 7:00 p.m. only to find a lobby in sad shape with a worn sofa, out of order ice machine and manned by two teenagers. When we attempted to check in we were informed that our reservation was for a room with 1 queen bed. Of course this was unacceptable as we had clearly made reservations for 1 queen beds. The teen informed us that the hotel was booked, there were no other rooms available, and that this type of problem was common when reservations had been made via the Internet. After some discussion, we opted not to stay at the Microtel and were assured there would be no charge for the room. No sooner had we returned to our car when one of the teens came running out claiming that our room situation had worked itself out. Since it was late, we stayed. Frankly we should have kept going. The room had a toilet that wanted out as badly as we did and ran all night; the drapes had large worn holes; the walls looked as though people had run up them; and there was an overall stench of a smoker's room. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to my worst enemy even though the front desk teen offered a 10% discount for our troubles.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
hotel28413, Manager at Microtel Inn by Wyndham Janesville, responded to this review, December 23, 2010
We at Microtel Inn do apoligize for your bad experience here at the hotel. We have done improvements on the lobby furniture and our staffing. We are currently under new front desk management and are working on updating the hotel more. Thank you for your response

Been to Microtel Inn by Wyndham Janesville? Share your experiences!