“Never again” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Janesville
Mn
“Never again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2009

Entering the lobby is the eating area, overflowing with teenagers, many barefoot, several standing around using the computer. This was through our whole stay.
Had requested a room with micro/fridg, but room we were assigned was not only small but lacking requests. Front desk apologized and proceeded to say it was the last room they had. We checked late in evening and early AM and approximately 6 vehicles parked in lot. Several attempts to use lobby computer was futile as the teens had monopolized it. Seems mgt. either immature or takes in local famiily's????? Room was small, tub drain did not empty well....water pressure was slow to say the least. If you want quiet, both in your room, lobby, or while you eat, this is not the place for you. I see other posters got a much cheaper rate...we were charged well over that too. Not sure what mgt. is thinking other than they cater to the very young and let them run everything.
Definitely will not return. BTW, we stayed here two years before and it was nothing like this.

Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Albuquerque, Nm
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2009

Another reviewer here advised that this hotel is "not the Taj Mahal". Well, no, it's not and for $59 a night you're not likely to find plush or posh accomodations. It is, however, a solid bargain for the location and for what you get. Just off I-90/39 at exit 175 A/B in Janesville, it's a Baymont which means the hotel and the rooms are going to be small and somewhat cramped. What I was not expecting was a flat-panel TV in my room; THAT was a bit of a surprise. My room was clean enough although the plastic ice buck liner did look used which I found kind of gross, but I just asked for a clean one at the front desk and was given one and extended an apology. Mine was a smoking room and there were the expected burn marks here and there. The shower worked well but the drain plug kept sticking so at times I was ankle-deep in water. Baymont offers the usual assortment of bathroom amenities and in-room coffee, but from the looks of my coffee maker there was no way I was brewing coffee in it. Interesting, the pool and exercise room are open 24 hours and they are contained in a separate building so "pool noise" was not an issue. Denny's and Subway are next door with additional dining and all the necessary shopping 4 miles north on I-90/39 at exit 171 A/B/C. However I'd suggest the HFFRRRGGHH Inn (yes, that IS how it's spelled) which is about a mile east of the hotel; the food is great (think upscale "bar cuisine") and the service is just too gosh darn nice.

For the one night I needed to stay here it was just fine and was at least $30 a night less than the hotels further up the road. For affordable accomodations just off the freeway for the night this is a pretty good choice. They'll treat you nice and your room should be clean, but don't expect much more than that.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2009

My friend and I were looking for somewhere to stay with her granddaughters after meeting for dinner with my daughter at a Janesville restaurant. We stopped at a Denny's to pick up a coupon book, and Baymont was one of the hotels with a coupon. Being that the Baymont was next to Denny's, we decided to stay there ($49). When we first got there, there was a birthday party going on in the breakfast area. It was a little noisy, but since our room was at the end of the first floor, we were able to avoid the party and enter at the end door. Our room was clean and quiet. Sleeping was no problem. The continental breakfast was good, including my favorite, biscuits and gravy. They also had microwavable omlets, doughnuts, bagels, toast, make your own waffles, juice, coffee, cereal, milk and a vairety of other items.
I would surely stay there again.

• Liked — clean/breakfast/good price
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Aurora, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2009

We stayed at the Baymont for New Years Eve night.

Wonderful service. Our room was very clean. Bathroom was small but very nice. You can tell they had just been repainted not too long ago. For the purpose we were there it suited us great. Between the late check out time, to the pool being open 24-7, to the breakfast we were very happy with our accomodations.

The only bad part was the amount of people staying at the location. However, there was plenty of food in the morning.

Would recommend this affordable hotel to anyone ($78 per night).

Stayed December 2008
chicago,illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2008

this hotel is in need of management , kids hangin in the halls,hangin on the customer computerin lobby,dirty, dust bunnies all over jaquzzi was dirty, not cleaned properly,the staff (management need to control all the teenagers who werent guests,breakfast was good.staff was friendly,150.00 a night for all this,?? i think not!management look at all this please ,i wont come back nless things drastically change

• Liked — the food
  • Disliked — the dirtyness
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Hamilton, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2008

W stayed here with four other families and checked in after 9:00 pm. We had a quick check in, comfortable beds, clean rooms, and a quiet night sleep. Great location on and off the highway. Average Continental / Waffle breakfast. Only paid $74 per night for double queens. Stayed here two years ago and had the same experience then too.

• Liked — Value
  • Disliked — Breakfast area was a bit small.
  • Stayed July 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Midwest
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2008

We were at this hotel for five days. I'd say our experience was slightly below average, but not terrible. On each morning as we were leaving the room, the housekeeper asked if we needed the room cleaned. Each time I told her that I didn't need a full deep-clean, but that the beds needed to be made, etc. She took this literally and did the barest minimun, leaving trashcans full and not replacing paper cups, etc. On the one day I left without seeing her in the morning, our room was completely ignored and no apology/compensation was made. Front desk staff stated that there was nothing they could do as the staff had left for the day, and left it at that. We found this very frustrating.

Also, be aware that at night there is a cluster of teen girls who hang out in the lobby and loudly flirt with the young male desk attendant. If you have a first-floor room as we do, this can be an issue. It also posed a problem when I tried to use the lobby computer, which is reserved for guests. These girls (I don't think they were guests of the hotel) were also frequently monopolizing the computer to read Myspace pages. On the occasions when I was able to use it, I felt really uncomfortable sitting in the midst of their socialization. Someone needs to tell the desk staff to do thier late-night entertaining on their own time.

Other than that (and the four ants I found crawling in the bathroom one morning!), I enjoyed our stay. The rooms were basic but adequate and the complimentary breakfast had a lot of variety. The women who staffed the breakfast area were unfailingly helpful and friendly. The pool was small but seemed to be very popular.

• Liked — Affordable, and convenient location
  • Disliked — Poor housekeeping staff
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Janesville? Share your experiences!