“Mixed Experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 9 hotels in Janesville
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Mixed Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Our room was fresh and very comfortable. Love duvet and lap desk. However, TV reception was terrible and heater started squealing during the night. Front desk staff was wonderful (both at check-in and check-out) and discounted room for our inconvenience, which we appreciated greatly. Breakfast eggs were surprisingly tasty! Will be nice when remodeling is complete. Hopefully old heaters can be replaced and TV issue resolved. My "techie" husband says the old cables need to be replaced for the new HD televisions.

Room Tip: Try TV and operate heating system before unpacking in case you need to change rooms.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
JanesvilleHamptonGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Janesville, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let me know about your stay at the Hampton Inn of Janesville. Your feedback is a valuable component in monitoring our success and identifying areas that need improvement.

Meeting your expectations is our primary objective and I apologize that we fell short of that goal. Your comments are being reviewed with my staff so that corrections can be made.

Once again, I appreciate your comments and thoughts on my property. It is my hope that you will look to stay at my property on future trips.

184 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Gulf Shores, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Terrific Staff from the Front Desk to Julie in Housekeeping. Breakfast was fresh and well stocked. The Menu consisted of a fresh fruit to eggs to waffles and sweet rolls. You won't go away hungry. Room was top rate. Worth every penny spent. We spent three days there and will stay again on our next visit.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
JanesvilleHamptonGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Janesville, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
I want to thank you for selecting the Hampton Inn of Janesville for your stay. I’m happy that you enjoyed it. We understand you have many lodging choices and we appreciate your business.

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here one night. There's really not a lot of hotel choices in the city of Janesville. Hotel has free wifi. It is beside the interstate. So if you are a light sleeper you will hear cars whizzing by. The room we stayed in was on the 2nd floor. Size is standard for any Hampton. No tub just a shower. Free breakfast is offered. However, if you prefer a hearthier fare Crackel Barrel is right beside the hotel. The one little irritant was our room was in the back where the outdoor floodlights illuminating the parking lot was almost the same level as our room. Window had a sheer curtain. So even with all the lights out, these outdoor floodlights were lighting up our room. So much for trying to sleep in the dark.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
JanesvilleHamptonGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Janesville, responded to this review, October 2, 2012

Millard Ellis
Hampton Inn of Janesville
Janesville, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

i stayed here during the construction..awesome upgrades to room..need to upgrade ac and tv still..felt very romantical not like a hotel like hampton..refresh breakfast some and things will really be much better..looking to visit again.when all is finished

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
JanesvilleHamptonGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Janesville, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Janesville or our surrounding area. If there is anything I can assist you with to make your future visits more enjoyable, please call me directly at: (608) 754-4900 or e-mail me at millard.ellis@hilton.com .
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

The rooms are fantastic. Newly renovated, stylish, and clean. Can't wait until the hallways and breakfast area are done too. The Front Desk staff was very nice, even helped us find spoons so we could enjoy some ice cream! My husband said the bed was the best one he's slept on in a long time. We will definately stay here again on our way through Wisconsin.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
JanesvilleHamptonGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Janesville, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Ithaca, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

I stayed one night last week and had no problems with construction--the room was very clean, modern and quiet. The breakfast was a notch above what we've come to expect from Hampton Inns: fresh fruit compote and bakery-style muffins in addition to the usual hot breakfast items. I hate the new duvets, but that's a personal preference; the A/C now uses a thermostat and kept the room very comfortable. Although I didn't see it listed in the online amenities, the standard king room did have a small fridge. Closet space seemed smaller than before renovations, but that wasn't a concern since we stayed only one night.

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room, and they put us on an upper floor overlooking a field instead of facing t...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Danville, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

I have stayed in many Hampton Inns and always been pleased. First, the front desk staff was rude, no roll away beds, because they are a fire hazard, but when later asked, it was due to the fact the the remodeling crew were sleeping on them and none were available. Request for a ground floor room (in advance) was ignored, despite elderly mother on crutches. Was laughed at when asked where the stairs were because she is horribly scared of elevators and therefore couldn't leave the room to come to the pool or restaurant the whole visit, despite that the hotel was not full. Did finally get roll away, and had springs sticking out and even the actual beds had horrible mattresses which we clung to sides to keep from sagging in the middle or sliding off the edge. The room was beautiful looking and clean...just not comfortable. The only ones who didn't get a newspaper. Booked on a bargain site...def. got the bargain treatment. Paid in advance so now I am hoping I don't get double charged like many others. Choosing elsewhere next time.

Room Tip: Don't book on a bargain site....you will definitely regret it. I will never stay here again.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
JanesvilleHamptonGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Janesville, responded to this review, August 31, 2012

Millard Ellis

Been to Hampton Inn Janesville? Share your experiences!