“A great stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 9 hotels in Janesville
Cincinnati, Ohio
“A great stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

The rooms are fantastic. Newly renovated, stylish, and clean. Can't wait until the hallways and breakfast area are done too. The Front Desk staff was very nice, even helped us find spoons so we could enjoy some ice cream! My husband said the bed was the best one he's slept on in a long time. We will definately stay here again on our way through Wisconsin.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
JanesvilleHamptonGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Janesville, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
I want to thank you for selecting the Hampton Inn of Janesville for your stay. I’m happy that you enjoyed it. We understand you have many lodging choices and we appreciate your business.
Thank you for taking the time to let me know about your stay at the Hampton Inn of Janesville. Your feedback is a valuable component in monitoring our success and identifying areas that need improvement.
Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Janesville or our surrounding area. If there is anything I can assist you with to make your future visits more enjoyable, please call me directly at: (608) 754-4900 or e-mail me at millard.ellis@hilton.com .

176 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Ithaca, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

I stayed one night last week and had no problems with construction--the room was very clean, modern and quiet. The breakfast was a notch above what we've come to expect from Hampton Inns: fresh fruit compote and bakery-style muffins in addition to the usual hot breakfast items. I hate the new duvets, but that's a personal preference; the A/C now uses a thermostat and kept the room very comfortable. Although I didn't see it listed in the online amenities, the standard king room did have a small fridge. Closet space seemed smaller than before renovations, but that wasn't a concern since we stayed only one night.

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room, and they put us on an upper floor overlooking a field instead of facing t...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Danville, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

I have stayed in many Hampton Inns and always been pleased. First, the front desk staff was rude, no roll away beds, because they are a fire hazard, but when later asked, it was due to the fact the the remodeling crew were sleeping on them and none were available. Request for a ground floor room (in advance) was ignored, despite elderly mother on crutches. Was laughed at when asked where the stairs were because she is horribly scared of elevators and therefore couldn't leave the room to come to the pool or restaurant the whole visit, despite that the hotel was not full. Did finally get roll away, and had springs sticking out and even the actual beds had horrible mattresses which we clung to sides to keep from sagging in the middle or sliding off the edge. The room was beautiful looking and clean...just not comfortable. The only ones who didn't get a newspaper. Booked on a bargain site...def. got the bargain treatment. Paid in advance so now I am hoping I don't get double charged like many others. Choosing elsewhere next time.

Room Tip: Don't book on a bargain site....you will definitely regret it. I will never stay here again.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
JanesvilleHamptonGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Janesville, responded to this review, August 31, 2012

Meeting your expectations is our primary objective and I apologize that we fell short of that goal. Your comments are being reviewed with my staff so that corrections can be made.

Once again, I appreciate your comments and thoughts on my property. It is my hope that you will look to stay at my property on future trips.

Millard Ellis
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

The rooms have just been renovated with new furnishings and finishes. However, the common areas are in new of an update showing ware and not very clean. The room air conditioner was old as well and noisy. Other than that a typical Hampton.

• Stayed August 2012
JanesvilleHamptonGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Janesville, responded to this review, August 11, 2012
Carroll, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

When you book online, even after reading the reviews, you never quite know what you're going to get. It was obvious when we walked in the lobby that there was construction going on, and I just want to say, we were so pleased with the renovations in our room. New, cool on a hot summer day, and spotlessly clean! We had a great two night stay. The desk staff was friendly and fast. The breakfast offered more choices than we expected (fresh hot oatmeal with toppings was a nice surprise!), and the breakfast hostess (I think her name is Laurie) kept everything stocked and tidy, and was so gracious and helpful. Our family had he pool and hot tub all to ourselves one evening, which was so much fun! Thanks for your hospitality, Hampton Inn!

• Stayed July 2012
JanesvilleHamptonGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Janesville, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Searcy, AR
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

As I'm reading the reviews for this hotel, I have noticed a slight trend: this hotel seems to have problems with double-charging guests. My family of four travels a lot in the summers, and we always stay in Hilton brand hotels to accumulate points. Therefore, we stay at a lot of Hampton Inns. We like them because of the free breakfast and free internet, and they are usually clean. I like to pay in advance when we have specific plans because when doing so, we can often take advantage of a "pay-in advance, no reservation changes" 10-15% savings. I booked a room for two nights a few weeks ago on the Hilton Honors site and paid in full then. We checked in and were told that we were paid up. This morning I checked my account and see that we were charged again for the two nights, plus $40 for "incidentals." I talked to the front desk and eventually they figured out they had made an error after I was made to show a receipt. But now there will be a hold on my debit card for almost $300 for the next week. I guess they got my debit card info that is stored with the Hilton Honors info because they didn't get it at check-in. Pretty unprofessional. What if we needed that money on our trip? We're half-way across the country. Be careful about letting this hotel get your card info. It may be best to pay with cash here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
JanesvilleHamptonGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Janesville, responded to this review, July 25, 2012

Jefferson City, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

First of all, had a reservation for two doubles, but my room got given away to accomodate some kids baseball team and their families....let that go...but was then billed 3 times to my credit card for a two night stay...(even though I paid in cash for my second night to assure that there would be no more activity on my card!!!) I am STILL waiting for the credit to return to my card!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Again, thank you for bringing this matter to my attention.

Been to Hampton Inn Janesville? Share your experiences!