“Nice hotel, seriously over priced.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Janesville - I-90 and US Highway 14

You added Holiday Inn Express Janesville - I-90 and US Highway 14 to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Janesville - I-90 and US Highway 14
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3100 Wellington Place, Janesville Conference Center, Janesville, WI 53546   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Janesville
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Nice hotel, seriously over priced.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Hotel is nice and comfortable. The rooms are clean as with every IHG hotel. The assistant manager at the front desk needs an attitude adjustment or change in employment, rude to his coworker and guests. I moved my crew elsewhere based on him.

• Stayed August 2014
Jason P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Janesville - I-90 and US Highway 14, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I apologize you found our Assistant General Manager rude. I can assure you that was not his intention. We pride ourselves in providing excellent customer service but we obviously missed the mark with your stay.

I am pleased you enjoyed our newly renovated hotel. The renovation was just completed and as you saw the property is exceptional.

I apologize again for the experience you had with us and hope you will give us another opportunity to be of service in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
New Richmond, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Stayed here 4 years ago and this time was pleasantly surprised to see the newly renovated rooms. Nice atmosphere in rooms and the bed was very comfortable. The bedding and pillows were excellent! Had a very nice stay.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Jason P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Janesville - I-90 and US Highway 14, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Thank you for the terrific review! I'm so pleased you like our newly renovated hotel. As you experienced the rooms and common areas really are exceptional. We are a hotel so it's equally as important you had a good nights sleep.

Thank you again for taking the time to post a review and please don't wait 4 years to come back and see us again!
La Grange, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

We stayed at the property from 7/26/14-7/28/14. Upon booking back in January we were told that it was undergoing renovation and should be done by our stay. Lucky for us, it was! The rooms were very clean and nicely appointed with a mini-fridge and microwave. It was very obvious that the whole hotel and underwent a complete face lift. The only thing negative I can say is that the coin operated washer and dryer were not working. This was a small issue since we were there for a softball tournament and the girls uniforms could have used a machine wash. Other than that, we couldn't have been happier with our stay and look forward to our daughters team playing in the tournament next year and staying at the Holiday Inn Express Janesville, WI again!

Room Tip: Highly recommend for families or business travel.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
We are so happy you like our renovations! I apologize the public washer and dryer were not operational. We did have a call in to get them repaired but unfortunately they were not able to get to repair until after the weekend.

We look forward to having your group back again next year. It was a joy to have a group that were well behaved and respected other guests!
Oro Valley, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

Spent a night here recently after having stayed here about 4 yrs ago. We found it a great place the first time and even better this time with the recent updating remodeling. We make it a practice to stay at Holiday Inn Express whenever it is feasible. The only issue we found this time is that it is definitely overpriced for the area. We lived in Janesville for over 20 yrs and are familiar with the attractions and business conferences that are held in the area and when compared to other cities found it to be about 25% more expensive. With several industries having left the city one would expect a better value. The rooms are very nice and they serve the usually broad varieties of this chain's breakfast. One additional perk is an evening reception of beer and wine along with some warmed up appetizers, popcorn and cookies. A nice touch but not enough for the overpricing. It ha a good location close to about anything you want or need. Will more than likely stay again if in the area but wish they would reduce the price.

Room Tip: All rooms seem to be quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Middlebury, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

We were traveling to Minnesota and we were on the road for sometime and needed a place to stay over night. We stopped here and were greeted by a very nice desk person. The hotel appeared to have been newly upgraded. The breakfast was good and the breakfast area was very large and nice. Haven't seen one this large for continental breakfast's. Liked the large soft pillows on the bed. Seems like alot of hotels are going to the small pillows but I like this hotel's. Place was quite and had good nights sleep. Thanks

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Jason P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Janesville - I-90 and US Highway 14, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. I am so pleased you enjoyed our newly remodeled property.

Holiday Inn Express does have terrific pillow! They are large and come in both soft and firm. Feel free to request the type you'd like on your next stay.

Thank you again and please come back to see us when in the Janesville area.
Eden, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

This facility was recently redecorated - very modern and eye-catching. We stayed three nights to attend a family gathering in Beloit. We were delighted with our room furnishings and slept comfortably each night. The breakfast menu was very nice and was kept supplied as guests came and went. My only slightly negative comment was that we are IHG Rewards Club members and were not greeted as such - not a big thing but it is nice to be recognized for commitment to the brand. All in all, we would definitely consider staying here again if in the area!

Room Tip: Stay on the side away from the Interstate - muffled noises of traffic can be heard on the side facin...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Jason P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Janesville - I-90 and US Highway 14, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are so pleased you had a relaxing stay with us and enjoyed the new decor.

I apologize the front desk staff did not recognize your IHG membership at check in. We so appreciate the loyalty of our IHG customers and do usually thank them during the check in. I will follow up on this as it sounds like someone needs some additional training.

Thank you again and I hope you will come back to see us on your next trip to the Janesville area.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I had a great experience on this trip. I spent 5 nights with peace and quite.
I really enjoyed the breakfast experience. Charlene was a 10-10-10.
I look forward to next year's annual get together with family.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for posting a review of your stay on TripAdvisor. We really appreciate your great comments about our newly renovated hotel as well as about our staff.

Charlene is a gem! She is such a welcoming person and certainly brightens up the mornings!

Please come back and see us again when in the Janesville area.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Janesville - I-90 and US Highway 14? Share your experiences!