“A Regular Lunch Time Haunt! Great Sandwiches & Wraps!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #34 of 145 Restaurants in Janesville
Cuisines: American, Ice Cream, Sandwiches
Description: Luke's Deli is a local sandwich and ice cream deli. Our menu is extensive and can be viewed at LukesDeli.info We serve fresh roasted turkey wraps and sandwiches, healthy homemade soups and salads in a tastefully decorated seating inside or a beautiful outdoor patio. Many people order takeout and we have a walkup window for ice cream orders. We are located on the corner of Milton Ave & Mount Zion Ave at the edge of the residential neighborhood. We like to think we are "Janesville's Neighborhood Deli". Prices are inexpensive and the food although prepared when ordered is served fast. There is no waited service but many people enjoy sitting at the counter and reading the newspapers which are offered daily. We also have a book lending library which customers are welcome to use.
Rockton, Illinois
“A Regular Lunch Time Haunt! Great Sandwiches & Wraps!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I love this place! It's a five minute drive from my office and they really know how to cater to the lunch time crowd!

The sandwiches and wraps are freshly made with the freshest of ingredients!

I have only ever had takeout, but you can dine in - get's very busy weekday lunch times!

I highly recommend!

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Milton, Wisconsin
“Best sandwiches”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Everytime I have gone to Luke's they have a changed menu - don't know where they get there ideas for sandwiches but they are great. I had one last week that was shredded turkey piled high with bacon and cheddar cheese and a special sauce on toasted bread. The flavor was great and a very generous portion. Another time I had a grilled cheese with asparagus which also was great. They also have great soups and bakery items. I love going there to see what new thing they are tying out. For such a small place they have a good size menu. Stop by you won't be disappointed.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Janesville
“Have it all ~ unique sandwiches”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

This is one of my favorite places to go for lunch. They have really unique delicious sandwiches. Example: An turkey artichoke sandwich. Have anything you would want: hot dog, hamburger, salad, wraps, ice cream and on & on & on. Has a really nice area for outside eating in the summer.

Visited May 2012
Toronto
“A nice small place for a quick lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Surprisingly good food for a small restaurant. Mainly has sandwiches and fries, but is good and cheap. It can get slowed down a bit at the busy noon hour rush.

Visited March 2012
WI
“Turkey wrap dry -- like eating a sawdust sausage /// vanilla custard smooth and creamy”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

Went to eat here for lunch because of the reviews here on TripAdvisor. Never been here and am not from the area. Had the Turkey Wrap sandwich with guacamole, lettuce, cheese, and bacon. From previous reviews I was expecting something spectacular. I can sum it up in one word YUK! It was TERRIBLE. Dry, tasteless, no flavor of any kind. The wrap tasted like a potato skin that was two days too old. Purchased three Turkey wraps and everyone of them was the same -- BAD. It was takeout, so we were far away when we started munching on them or I would have demanded something else.

The vanilla custard cones were excellent. I have to be totally fair with this deal.

I find it really hard to get over that awful sandwich, though. I will not come back for sandwiches to this place.

• Visited February 2012