“They forgot to mention the trains...” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Iron Ridge Inn Motel

Iron Ridge Inn Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Iron Ridge
Iron Ridge Inn Motel
You added Iron Ridge Inn Motel to your Saves list
129 S. Main St, Iron Ridge, WI 53035   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Iron Ridge
Loves Park, Illinois
“They forgot to mention the trains...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

The motel was clean, but run down. The walls were paper thin - I listened to the man next door snore most of the night. In the description of the motel the owners didn't mention the train tracks 20 feet outside the window and the freight trains that ran by during the night. The staff was friendly. Check out Cindy's Cafe across the street where they served the best breakfast I've ever eaten in a restaurant (don't waste your time with the donuts and cello-wrapped breakfast bars at the motel.)

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the front of the building away from the train tracks, and upstairs so you don'...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Heidi N, Owner at Iron Ridge Inn Motel, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
I'm sorry that the noise of the trains disrupted your stay — I hope this didn't cause you too much of an inconvenience. I certainly understand your frustration hearing your neighbor and the train. If you ever have an issue with your room, please don't hesitate to let us know. We'd be happy to fix the situation right away. I hope you enjoyed your trip to Iron Ridge. The next time you're in the area, we'd love to welcome you back in.

Take care,

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Knoxville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Very puzzled by previous ratings for this hotel. Nobody who has traveled at all and has even a vague idea of what a three star hotel - or four star - of five star is like, could rate this one highly. Yes, it's clean. But it is very dated, not in very good repair, not attractive place in any respect, inside or out. Forget standard amenities. Hope the A/C works (ours stopped at night), nobody at the desk from about 10:00pm to 7:00am, very limited selection of a couple small sweet rolls or toast for "continental breakfast. Very stale air inside. Iron Ridge is a very small crossroad village. The restaurant nearby did have good food.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Heidi N, Owner at Iron Ridge Inn Motel, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
It sounds like there was some confusion during your stay, because I can assure you that we are on site 24 hours a day. Even though we aren't at the front desk during those times, someone is on premise and available if needed for anything. For your convenience, there's a sign and bell at the desk, or you can just call down to the front desk.

Although I'm sorry you weren't impressed with our accommodations, I hope you'll understand that we don't — nor have we ever — marketed ours as a three-, four- or five-star hotel. We are a family-owned and operated motel and have been for almost 30 years. Of course we make the necessary updates to keep our facilities modern, but our top priority is and always has been making our guests feel welcome and comfortable. That said, I was concerned to read that the A/C in your room wasn't working when you were here last year. Did you let someone at our front desk know? A heads-up is always appreciated!

Regards,
Prior Lake, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

In spite of having only 20 rooms, this motel features an indoor pool and hot tub area characteristic of much larger properties. There are interior corridors, and spacious well-furnished rooms with comfortable beds. A light continental breakfast with pastries and toastable items is available. Although I didn't try it, the Iron Ridge Inn also has an inviting supper club just across the parking lot.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Heidi N, Owner at Iron Ridge Inn Motel, responded to this review, February 15, 2014
Thanks for staying with us last year, Dennis! I'm thrilled that you followed up with such a thoughtful recommendation. I've no doubt other reviewers will be just as grateful for your attention to detail as I am!

Safe travels,
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We were pleasantly surprised to find such a nice little hotel in such a small town. It was clean, the pool area was quite large and inviting, and the beds were comfortable. Continental breakfast is very minimal, but the price was also very reasonable. With a fridge in the room, it is easy to bring your own extras.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for joining us during your trip! I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed our clean rooms and pool area. I hope you had a fun getaway to Iron Ridge — the next time you're in the area, we'd love to welcome you back in.

Best,
Senoia, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

Great family hotel. While the rooms are not fancy, they are sparkling clean. The pool is huge and beautifully maintained. Would definitely recommend the Iron Ridge Inn over other chain hotels in the area. The towels are a bit "tired" and could use replacing, but other than that, no complaints!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
I realize it's been a couple of years now since you wrote your review, but I wanted to follow up to let you know how much I appreciate it! Thanks for staying with us when you were in Iron Ridge. I hope you'll think of us next time you're planning a trip up this way!

Best,
Beaver Dam, Wisconsin, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

This is a great little hotel to stay at. It is very clean and the staff is rather friendly. A nice quiet place to stay if you are in the area. The restaraunt next door is a great place to eat or have a party. We had our wedding reception there and they did a great job. Would definitely reccomend this to a friend.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Watertown, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

My family and I have stayed one weekend a year at this hotel every year for a long time. We generally enjoy our stay, but the last few years the air temperature in the pool room has been so warm that we can no longer sit in there by the pool. This year (a few weeks ago) it was extremely hot in there and the pool was so warm that it was like warm bath water. Some people liked the warm water (I did not), but nobody in our party liked the warm air in the pool room! It was impossible to do anything in that room besides swim or be in the whirlpool. It's really a waste of space. In recent years we have had to sit in the hallway to get away from the hot pool room. That is what we did- we sat along the walls in the hallway, not able to use the beautiful area around the pool. It is almost like the owners do not want guests sitting in there. I am starting to wonder why we even go to Iron Ridge any more if we can't use that part of the hotel! If we could sit in there I would give the hotel a higher rating because it is a nice little place, but with the way things are, I just can't.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to Iron Ridge Inn Motel? Share your experiences!