“Beer on Tap!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin
“Beer on Tap!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

My husband and I had lunch at Barker's in Hudson recently. The service was excellent, and both our sandwiches were very good. He had the Hula Hut Burger, which was the 1/3 lb. burger, bacon, cheese, lettuce, and grilled pineapple. I had the Jolly Mon chicken sandwich with a large chicken breast, cheese, pineapple and red onion salsa, lettuce and grilled pineapple. Both came with house made potato chips which were good but very salty. Fries can be ordered for an additional charge. There's a big selection of tap beer as well as the common bottled beers. It was a great place for lunch. There isn't actual outdoor seating, but there is a 4 season room at the back of the restaurant.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Stillwater, Minnesota
“Went for desert! It was to die for!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

We went for wine and desert and this cake we had was delicious!!!!!! I would highly recommend it! Not sure about food, all looked greasy but I love how at the bar you can see them preparing it.... I'd go back for sure!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
ft myers
“Horrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

The restaurants in downtown Hudson are tremendous, but unfortunately Barkers isn't one of them. We've dined here before many years ago and haven't been back, but we were meeting up with another couple that recommended it since they said it had recently undergone renovations. We were all thinking the place would be gutted out with a new ambiance and a new menu. Wrong....we walked in and didn't notice one change, not even the menu. It's a typical bar menu so if you're healthy you'll want to avoid this place. They have some salad choices and both my husband and I don't care for any of them. We love soup, but they don't serve it til Oct. The four of us were trying to have a conversation....it was a couple we haven't seen in some time and the restaurant was so loud we couldn't hear one another. We placed our order at 7:10 and by 8pm my husband had to hunt down our waitress to ask where our food was. Food arrived at 8:20. I can't recall ever in my life waiting for food over an hour. Not caring for the menu at all, my husband and I both ordered the basic turkey sandwich and that's about all it was, was basic. There were three small slices of turkey right in the middle of cheap sliced white bread which was cut on the diagonal. There was more lettuce and tomato than turkey and when you bit the ends of the sandwich, no turkey. It was bland so we asked for some thousand island dressing and had a side of cole slaw with it for an upcharge. Both my husband and I were still hungry leaving the restaurant. It was a very disappointing night. We were looking forward to spending time with this other couple and the ambiance and food put a damper on the evening. Oh, forgot to mention that when you come home from Barkers your clothes smell like stinky greased food. It's one of the worst restaurants we've ever been to and won't go back.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
North Hudson, Wisconsin, United States
“Excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Barker's is always our go to place with friends for for a burger/wings and beer. For looking like a small bar, it's food is right on the spot. Everything I have tried has been wonderful. The price is a little high but the taste and atmosphere keeps us coming back! Great view in the back of the Bar and Grill as well!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Fun place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

This a great place with good food. Don't forget to get your free basket of popcorn (self serve). They don't tell you about the popcorn. I saw other people with it so I asked. Close to the river. Great little town.

Visited July 2013