“This motel needs to be shut down” 1 of 5 stars

Americas Best Value Inn Hudson
734 Highway 12, Hudson, WI 54016   |
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Hudson
pewaukee
“This motel needs to be shut down”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2010

I warn all human beings to avoid this hotel at all costs. I booked the room with priceline and checked in on a Sunday and checked out on Monday, I was billed for Saturday too! The rude front desk clerk would not fix this problem for me as priceline would not either. The motel's wesite indicated free internet which I tried to access and failed only to have the rude lady tell me it was because of the storm (which consisted of just rain). In reality all I needed was the pass code and she wouldn't give it me pretending that she didn't understand what I was talking about. The door boasted a side panel of glass which was broken but still in the pane, but had shards protruding. You think at least they would tape that up (I bet they charged who ever broke it a ton of money and didn't bother to fix it) If a child even so much had touched it the child would have been cut very badly. The website also claimed to have allowed pets, but when my boyfriend was walking our 4lb. dog the manager chased him down the hall yelling "why you have dog?" "you get over here now!" My boyfriend walked away because he didn't want a confrontation. The "continental breakfast" was late in starting and was taken down early. It consisted of orange juice, coffee, and either a prewraped honey bun or cheese danish, you know the kind you get at the gas station for 69 cents. My boyfriend was scalded with hot water when he was in the shower when the person above us flushed the toilet! His back is starting to scab from the burn now. When I told the manager she asked me why he didn't just turn more cold water on! Hbo and showtime were advertised but we didn't get. The TV cabinet door was hanging on by the top hinge and the carpet was stained and the bathroom floor was dirty upon arrival. The celing in the shower was peeling and full of mold and the bathroom sink leaked all over the floor. There were other room defects but the point I'm trying to make is DO NOT STAY AT AMERICAS BEST VALUE INN HUDSON!!! I hope they go out of business and DONT USE PRICELINE!!! For the $170 I was charged in the end I wish I would have stayed at motel 6 even.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Families
Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2009

Room was disgusting. The carpet was filthy. The bathroom window did not lock so anyone could enter the room at any time. I placed my curling iron in window to keep it locked. The vaneer was missing from the back of the bathroom door so the hotel replaced it with woodgrain contact paper. The paper was peeling due to the moisture from the shower. There was mold growing under the paper. The shower faucet was loose and pulled out of the wall. I wanted to leave and get a refund but was told by front office staff that they do not issue refunds. No where on their website did it mention NO REFUNDS. The website indicated a continental breakfast in the morning. They have a small setup in the front lobby but no one ever provided breakfast much less coffee. I contacted America's Best Value Inn headquarters about the situtation but it was a total waste of my time. I gave them and the hotel two months to rectify the problem. All I wanted was some sort of compensation but to no avail. Appartently, corporate headquarters sell their name but have no regard for guests or conditions of the hotels bearing their name. I would never recommend this hotel to my worst enemy. This place needs to be closed down.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo
Eau Claire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2007

We started with a unfriendly clerk at check in.I started to remove my credit card and it was literally snatched from my hand.I mentioned I didnt appreciate that which got no response and no eye contact during check in.The hallway to the room is done in old house siding and paint which is peeling badly.On entering the room we had no lights of any kind. A call to the front desk finally got a very young boy to the room whos first statement was why you need light? The old TV was laying on the floor next to the new small TV which had a remote that of course didnt work and didnt get fixed.After 30 minutes we had 1 of the 3 lights working in the room and we were told thats all we can do until Monday-this was Friday.The toilet had to have the handle held all the time or it wouldnt flush.This was a jacuzzi room also in which the jets would not stay on for more than 1 minute without being reset.A call to the front desk asking if we could possibly get another room resulted in my being told that us Americans are too fussy and no other room was available--NO refunds.
This motel and staff need to be looked at by the hotel chain as unacceptable by any standards.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — The rudeness of the staff and being slandered
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Hudson? Share your experiences!