“My first disappointment at Seasons” 1 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 78 Restaurants in Hudson
Cuisines: American
Description: Enjoy mouthwatering seafood, burgers, and soups at our neighborhood restaurant in North Hudson, Wisconsin. Seasons Tavern is a new family-friendly restaurant serving fresh fish and other fine food at prices you'll love as much as our food. Stop by our restaurant to try our fresh Walleye dishes or to meet up with friends for a drink.
Wisconsin
“My first disappointment at Seasons”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I went to Seasons for dinner (having been there before) and was very disappointed. I have always raved about their eggs benedict, all you can eat walleye, specialty burgers and bloody mary's. I was stunned by both the service and food quality this visit.

I ordered a steak/walleye combination of a 7oz filet and a deep fried walleye filet. Now, I've had the walleye before and loved it so I thought it a safe bet. The filet was good, cooked perfectly but needed seasoning. The walleye? Nearly inedible. It was overcooked, rubbery and required a steak knife to cut due to excessively heavy, over-fried breading. I was never able to tell my server this...keep reading.

We ate at the bar. We like the casual venue the best..however...we must be spoiled by their best staff members because this night...it was like eating in the kitchen. Our bartender/server brought us our drink orders right away. She was busy so we weren't surprised to wait a bit for our order to be taken. However, waiting for the bartender to "do a bomb shot" with an obviously over-served customer across the bar is an unacceptable reason for the wait. During a 45 minute span, she did two such shots with the inebriated customer. Since I was seated at the bar, I watched to see if her performance was affected. In that time, she threw away one drink mistake, opened the cash drawer and left it open unattended, chatted with another customer about how a competing restaurant had better desserts and ignored our empty glasses places prominently on her side of the bar for 15 minutes. When she returned to wait on us, she had bloodshot eyes and a distracted attitude.

After our meal, our server/bartender/party girl took our plates without asking how we liked our meal and promptly SCRAPED THE REMAINING CONTENTS INTO A GARBAGE CAN NEXT TO THE CASH REGISTER! So, I have just had my dinner spoiled by watching someone do garbage duty before my eyes and never had the opportunity to tell my server the walleye was nearly inedible and the kitchen will never know because my dinner was scraped into the trash ten feet from me.

I have had wonderful meals and wonderful service here. I feel like they threw in a "third string of staff" and hoped nobody would notice. Well, kudos the the person who cooked my steak...medium rare was actually medium rare.

I do not know the owners of this restaurant but do know they work there. I have seen staff members pour themselves a drink when finishing a shift but I do not know if our server (and I use the term loosely) was an owner. However, regardless of your status, you must be a professional in your field on the job or the whole place goes down.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Roberts, Wisconsin
“Friday Fish Fry”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Here were come - in search of a good local Friday Fish Fry...
remembered coming here under previous owners. Great pre-meal
self serve popcorn and nice selection of beers on tap. Fish fry was
all you can eat, so made for a great Friday night with out of town guest.
Size of fish pieces were a bit small, but still taste. Great northwoods atmosphere

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Needed a second chance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

I had not eaten here since November, but on a recent visit I was so pleasantly surprised at the difference in our food. The ribs were the best I've had in a long time and tavern spuds were delicious. The server was Stephanie, she did such a good job. So glad we were able to go back to give them another try. I will defiantly suggest Seasons to others. Great job!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hudson, Wisconsin
“Dinner”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Had the fish last night, the first serving seem a little undercooked, the second serving was still wiggling, my wife had a chicken wrap, it was not good, gave my concern to the waitress and she agreed, asked if i wanted more lol i had already lost my desire for more of their fish, no offer of adjustment on the tab 39.00 and we went home still hungry, thank god for frozen plzza, wont go back, oh and by the way it used to be a quiet little place to eat then the owner decided to cut a hole in the floor so now all the bar noise from down stairs filters up into the dinning area, bad move. the yelling and loud laughter was a little much.

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Needs improvement”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Every item was extremely over cooked. Had that charcoal after taste. Server was very good though. With the new floor plan it seems much louder than before since its open to the lower level bar. All the bar noise carries up the the restaurant.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere