“Chicken Parmesan” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Minocqua, Wisconsin
“Chicken Parmesan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

Always known for their their great steaks they have a wonderful chicken Parmesan special every now and then, and their chicken Marsala is to die for. Yes, I eat here a lot, and I have reviewed before, because they are the best.

Visited June 2014

Wisconsin
“A restaurant in a rural setting with some excellent menu choices!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

This restaurant is just a bit off Highway 51 next to a small lake and in the woods. It is an older building but I think it's charming, and it has the feel of a historic house. I agree with the reviewer who loved the steak gorgonzola -- yum. Also their walleye is excellent. The old style bar has a generous bartender, and there I would recommend the Manhattans! A relaxing and intimate setting with a country feel. It's our special occasion restaurant in the Wisconsin Northwoods.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New york
“Excellent Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

I have eaten at Jacobis several times each year over the past 15 years. The food has always been excellent and the service is far above average for the area. The filet is the best that I have had in the northwoods. Wonderful twice baked potatoes. The best coconut cream pie! I can't wait to return soon. I suggest ignoring the post written by Bud C. He could not have eaten at this restaurant. He is probably a competitor of Jacobis, as it is his only review ever written.

Visited April 2014
Rhinelander, Wisconsin
“First time dining experience @ Jacobi's”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

“First time dining experience @ Jacobi's”

Pending review
Despite the 30 mile trip, my wife and I were really looking forward to our first dining experience at Jacobi's for our anniversary, given all the positive reviews.
This is what we found:

1)The place hasn't seen a coat of paint in 20 years.

2) The interior decor looks like my grandmother's parlor.

3) Apparently some people like Christmas lights inside and out, year-round.

4) They have a traditional mantle with a contemporary gas fireplace that they turned off, 10 minutes after we got there @7:00pm.

5) The carpet was dirty; fortunately for them, it's dark in color.

6) The dress code is whatever the patrons wear to fish; potentially upgraded to whatever they wear to go to the ball game.

7) Apparently, they have no bottled water, just tap water with extra iron.

8) This place is noisier than a cafeteria, with the extra added feature of what sounded like an overworked blender every few minutes, punctuating the multitude of voices.

9) I don't think anyone serves baked potatoes that are any smaller.

10) The two complimentary meatballs was a nice touch and looked good; but, the sweetness of the bourbon sauce on the outside overwhelmed the taste, while the inside was bland.

11) It was difficult to tell whether the soup was potato or garlic.

12) The steak was fairly tender and was properly cooked, medium well (which they apparently determined by cutting in to it); however, it was char-flavor, no seasoning.

13) Despite the server having some minor difficulty with recall, the service was adequate; but, did nothing to offset the other issues.

14) A rating of the writing skills of the person who penned the history of the place on the menu would be a generous C-. If they were to go back and read it, I doubt they would recognize that there is anything wrong.

The person who described this place to us as "dressy...quiet and romantic...with great food..." must have glaucoma, a hearing impairment, and a history of intravenous feeding. Actually,
it's probably just symptomatic of dining standards in the north woods and the folks just don’t know any better. Happy anniversary dinner; we were out the door in an hour! God bless 'em; but, we won't be back.

Bud C.
Rhinelander, WI

• Visited April 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Minocqua, Wisconsin
“Steak Gorgonzola and Linguini”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

This was the special Saturday night. What a gastronomical delight. The flavors exploded in your mouth. My goal was to take half home for the next day, I failed. Ate it all right there. I am never disappointed eating at this place. Recommend highly.

• Visited April 2014