“Sad to see a once great resort go in the dump” 2 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hayward
Dun Rovin Resort
9404 N Dun Rovin Road, Hayward, WI 54843   |
Ranked #12 of 26 Specialty lodging in Hayward
Joliet, Illinois, United States
“Sad to see a once great resort go in the dump”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

This was my second time staying at Dun Rovin resort, the first was in the mid 90's on my first trip to Hayward, had a wonderful time at a great resort. This year another couple was joining us and we were going later in the year so the place we normally stay was unavailable. Since I had such a good experience at Dun Rovin in the past, this was the first place I looked for availability. I was able to get a 2 bedroom cabin at what I thought was a reasonable price, In hindsight, not so much. The resort itself has an awesome view of the Chippewa flowage, second to none, but that is where the good ends, Restaurant-closed, management-unavailable, lodge-rarely opened, used the restroom in the lodge on one of the rare times it was open because one of my cabin mates was taking a shower, not even toilet paper in the restroom. Paid $950.00 for the week, notice inside cabin said off season $850, who got the extra $100? Shower pressure so high it could take your skin off, pots and pans what few there were are filthy and/or rusted, door knob to get into cabin broken, if your not careful you can get locked out, which happened numerous times, mentioned it to the "manager" (I use this term loosely) he tells me to tell the owner, he just manages the cabin. The day we are leaving, the cleaning crew was hovering outside by 8:30 am, felt like we were being kicked out. The young man who manages this resort needs to find a different business to go into, he is not helping this resort at all, told us he couldn't wait to get out of there, told us about what he had hoped the resort would be, has no clue as to what he is talking about, this is not an area where a high end restaurant would do well but was talking about serving specialty meals, complained about finding good help, complained, complained, complained, this was over a bonfire where he joined us for a few beers and conversation, next day, acted as if he did not know who we were. Was very disappointed in this experience, had told the other couple that came with us about what a great place it was, and feel like I gave them bad information. Our boat broke on the first day we were there, inquired about renting a boat, was told only one available at $175.00 a day, not the one sitting in a slip that another cabin had been using, was told that one was not available, even though it sat, unused for 4 days, left me feeling like I was being taken advantage of. All in all, will never go to Dun Rovin again

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

4 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here with a large group that rented 4 cabins. I only stayed 2 nights but it was very relaxing and a great location. Cabins are pretty close to one another but didn't interfere with other people staying. There is an old guy who lives there that may bother you from time to time but he's just lonely I think. The beds were ok and the cabins have all you need pretty much. The shower stopped working for a few minutes in the middle of one of my showers but I would like to go back and stay longer. We went fishing and had camp fires. If you stay up late enough you will hear loons chatting back and fourth. It was a very nice experience.

• Stayed August 2013
Elmwood Park, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

When booking our reservations, we were told that they only had one cabin available. We were also told that the 2 boats we rented were newer boats. When we arrived, we discovered that we were the only ones there and the 2 boats we rented, were in horrible condition. The motors on the boats were not working properly and were filthy. We asked for different boats and were told he had no more. The owner (which is in his 20's), suggested we rent boats elsewhere. The owners advertised a restaurant in the lodge. We then discovered that they no longer serve food there. The lodge was closed 90% of the time and owner was absent from the property. This is not a resort for family vacationing. The cabins were beautiful but not very clean. This is an "okay" place to go if you have your own boat, bring your own food and have no children.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Dun Rovin Resort? Share your experiences!