“What might have been!” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
minneapolis
“What might have been!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Club 77 used to be one of the "go to" places in the Wisconsin Northwoods. When we first bought our cabin almost 7 years ago some friends encouraged us to go there. We were disappointed. I decided to give it another chance last night by myself -- to see if things had changed.

Sadly, not at all. While the young woman who was my server was very attentive and friendly, the food was truly below average.

I ordered a caeser salad that was a glop of wet romaine lettuce with an overpowering anchovy dressing. While there was a TON of romaine on the plate, the food came out literally dripping from having been (I hope!) washed and the taste was both heavy and bland.

I ordered a 12 ounce horseradish encrusted ribeye. It was a ribeye. It was horseradish encrusted. And it was bland.

Given the pricing one would have hoped a higher degree of satisfaction with the food.

I hope they figure it out soon because I can't imagine that the place is much longer for staying in business as I was literally the only one in the dining room at 7:30 p.m. last night.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Frankfort, Illinois
“Breakfast”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I wasn't impressed by the food that was served to me. My wife liked what she got but found my breakfast less than okay.

Visited August 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Good Food and Cocktails!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We have dined at Club 77 several times. Overall, it is a very good restaurant. The bar area is great for cocktails. Our servers were always friendly and attentive. The food is very good, too. It's worth a visit!

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lake Nebagamon, Wisconsin, United States
“Was once a favorite, now is absolutely terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

This was once a favorite of ours for a nice supper-club experience. However our most recent visit showed that it has lost just about everything it had going for it. The problems started on arrival and went on through the bill. We arrived 10 minutes early for our reservation and they said they couldn't seat us even though the restaurant was completely empty(?!). We talked them in to it, but in hindsight, it would have been better if we walked out then and there.
There were only 1-3 other tables occupied when were there but yet service was spotty, at best. But this can all be forgiven if the food is good, and it was not. First of all you will notice that they now charge 'ala-carte' type pricing so if you want the traditional fondue or relish tray that will cost extra. Steaks where all in $20-$30 range. Again, not unreasonable if they are good, but again they were not. My prime rib was cold and I would suspect it was warmed over from a previous night. My wife's fillet was raw in the middle and when she sent it back it came still raw in the middle. My side was INSTANT potatoes -- INSTANT!!!! Both of our soups lacked flavor. There wasn't a single part of the meal we could say we enjoyed.
And then finally the bill. We were two families that arrived seperately but they never bothered to ask about splitting the bill and threw a bit of attitude when we asked to do this. I did tip, but only a little a little, and probably still more than they deserved.
There are many choices in the Hayward area. Don't waste your time and money at this one.

La Crosse, Wisconsin
“Club 77---Fablous Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Go there if you're hungry for great food,generous drinks, wonderful service. Don't forget to order the cheese fondue!!

• Visited July 2012