“Pie and more!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Scandinavian
Hayward, Wisconsin
“Pie and more!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

If you're visiting Hayward be sure to have a meal here. They have unique dishes with lefse and wild rice I just love and I know I don't have to rave about the pie because you've already heard how good it is and it is. I always have a hard time deciding what to order because its all so good!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

East Bethel, Minnesota
“Good Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Great place to get a piece of pie. The pie is made fresh, very good and you can take one with you. I eat her every trip I make.

Visited June 2014
“Delicious Pie!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

We had heard about the pies at Norske Nook so we had to try one. We shared the Limon pie which was the special for summer. It was heavenly. It had a graham cracker crust and layers of lemon and lime with some kind of custard mix and sprinkles. It was light and the right mixture of sweet and tart. We will definitely try their pies again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
“Good food, horrible service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

We stopped in, on a Saturday afternoon, after a visit to the Fish Hall of Fame. We were seated right away and our menus were given to us. About ten minutes later our waitress finally comes and brings water out. We weren't ready to order just yet, so she went back behind the register to assist the customers waiting to pay their bill or buy pie. Another 10 minutes goes by and she is finally able to break way from the register and get our order.

I ordered the Hot Beef, mashed potatoes, and bread. Our food was delivered very fast. The meal was very good and the portions were large and filling. Mashed potatoes could have used a little more seasoning.

Our server comes back around and asks about pie. We tell her to give us just a few minutes as we decide. Well that minute turned into about another 10 minutes. Again, she was behind the counter getting pie for customers and taking their payment for their meals. The manager came out and started clearing tables, I made eye contact with her several times. It seems to me it would be better customer service to take care of the guests currently in your restaurant than clearing the table because it wasn't that busy.

Finally tried ordering pie. First tried to order the Chocolate Peanut Butter pie, well they were out of that pie. My friend tried ordering the Dutch Apple, out of that pie. We finally got the Cookies & Creme Pie and the Strawberry Cream Cheese pie. Both were delicious.

Overall the food is great, but the customer service needs a lot of work.

Hayward, Wisconsin, United States
“Pie First then an amazing lunch.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I had lunch at the Norske nook today and we had a slice of pie that was outstanding. The manager suggested a turkey sandwich on grilled cranberry and wild rice bread and it was scrumptious! My husband had the Ultimate Potatoe pancake covered with two eggs thick bacon and hollandaise sauce and it was delicious! The service was good and we loved their Norske atmosphere and traditional Norwegian dresses on the servers!