“Friendly, clean, & accommodating” 5 of 5 stars

AmericInn Hotel & Suites Hartford
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1527 E Sumner St, Hartford, WI 53027   |
Ranked #1 of 3 hotels in Hartford
Chicago
“Friendly, clean, & accommodating”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I stayed at the AmericInn with five friends on a last minute ski trip to Wisconsin from Chicago. We found the AmericInn on Little Switzerland Ski Resort's website offering a 10% discount, so we chose them after viewing their webpage for pic's of the rooms. En route to Wis., one of the cars in our group broke down and the rest of us needed to check into the hotel early to wait on them. The people at AmericInn were very accommodating. They let us check in early without putting up a fight at all, and they did not charge us any fees either. They also let us check out late without charging us. And they even let us eat breakfast late when we fell victim to the daylight savings time change and showed up an hour late. Everyone we encountered was very friendly and helpful to us. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable, even after a day of falling down on the slopes.

Also, the staff was very professional and organized. When I originally booked the reservation, I entered the wrong dates and needed to quickly change it the day before our arrival. The agents at the 1-800 number were very helpful and quickly fixed my mistake. I was panicked and they were very calm and kind to me. They immediately sent me an updated email reservation confirmation. And then, when the staff at the Hartford location got my reservation info, they noticed I had mentioned the 10% discount ad from Little Switzerland. So, they automatically applied the discount, AND they automatically re-sent me another updated email confirmation - without me having to ask about the discount or for a confirmation email at all! By the time we arrived the next day (and they let us check in early), everything was all set and ready for us. It was seriously some of the best customer service I have encountered in a long time. We were all so stressed from our car drama, but the people at AmericInn are the reason we were able to enjoy our spur-of-the moment ski trip.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Ann W, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Hartford, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
I am sad to say that the ski season is over! Little Switzerland and The AmericInn of Hartford make for a great weekend! We value and appreciate guests like you. Let's enjoy a great summer and start with the skiing and snowboarding next season!

Hartford has a lot to offer in the summer months as well. We are located near Pike Lake State Park and the Kettle Moraine State forest area. Please consider us for a summer getaway as well.

We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

63 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Nashotah, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My girlfriend and I had just gotten back from a business/pleasure trip in New York City so we booked a mini getaway here to just relax and enjoy each others company. The choice was very random, based on proximity to us and amenities, but we were extremely pleased with the experience at Americinn. I was greeted by the GM who was sincere, friendly and ended up being very helpful for us in terms of area information the entire time; she really was just delightful every time we talked.

We had reserved a King Whirlpool room and it was quite above our expectations! The room was very clean, large and so cozy. Not to mention VERY affordable! There's a nice, warm indoor pool, hot tub and pool table that we enjoyed very much as well as FREE wi-fi and breakfast!

The only disadvantage is the location in terms of things to do. We went knowing we were going to relax and lay low, but got a little bored. There is a theater nearby and Little Switzerland Ski Resort in driving distance, which we went to as well as Pike Lake, which would be nice in the summer.

Overall, it was great and we'll definitely be back for another local getaway here! :)

Room Tip: King Whirlpool is very nice, large and romantic setting. There's no elevator that I saw so don...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
anndanwolf, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Hartford, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
I am so glad you enjoyed your experience with us. I also enjoyed our conversations and comparisons with hotels in New York City! You are a well traveled couple and I hope you plan on visiting us again in the near future. Happy travels!

Amana, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

Thank you all!!!! The rooms were wonderful, pool was open till midnight (whirlpool too) and was a perfect temperature! Also there are many conveniences within walking distance including the grocery store (rooms have fridge and micros), Sal's Pizza, George Webb restaurant (24 hours), McDonalds, Subway, liquor store, and Snap Fitness (which they have two passes available
At the front desk). Again, friendly helpful courteous staff! Thanks for everything!

• Stayed December 2012
anndanwolf, Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Hartford, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
The AmericInn of Hartford values each and every guest! Thank you so much for choosing us on your visit to Hartford. I am glad you enjoyed our amenities. We are always looking for new and creative ways to keep our guests happy. I hope you have a safe and happy holiday season!

Peoria, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Once again-- we were very satisfied with our stay at this hotel. The hotel staff was friendly and polite. Rooms were clean and comfortable and the food items on the breakfast buffet were filling. My favorite is to come back to the hotel after dinner and walk in to the lobby smelling the freshly baked cookies!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
anndanwolf, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Hartford, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
Thank you for the positive feed back! We enjoy having you as a customer (I also enjoy our chats!!) Have a happy holiday season and we will see you again in the near future!

Alpena, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

This was a visit to WI to spend time with the grandchildren. The hotel was clean, staff was exceptional and the comfort of the room was great. Great selection of breakfast fare, and coffee available 24 hours. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for comfort, convenience of location, and great service. I will definitely choose this hotel in my future visit.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
I am so happy you enjoyed your stay at the AmericInn of Hartford. We value and appreciate our customers. We look forward to serving you again when you visit our city to see your grandchildren. Thank you! Ann Wolf
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Held rooms for our wedding guests and booked them over 4 month period. a number of changes occurred and the staff handled each one of them with grace, patience and a smile. Rooms and common areas were in excellent condition and the breakfast was "gourmet" compared to similiar motels in this price range. Congratulations to all !!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
anndanwolf, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Hartford, responded to this review, September 16, 2012
I am so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your feedback! Weddings are a big part of our summer and we value our wedding guests. Thank you so much for choosing us and come and visit anytime!

Peachtree City, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

My wife and I had a great 10 days at the Inn. Staff was more than great, very friendly and helpful with reccmendations of restuarants, shopping, etc. After the stay felt like it was home and will definetely go back to stay here the next time in Hartford. Any small problems with the room were taken care quickly and effeciently (not that there were that many problems). The room we were given was the Executive King and was spacious, very clean and comfortable. Can't say enough about this Inn. And breakfast were great - main course was changed everyday.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
anndanwolf, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Hartford, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your stay with us. I am so happy you enjoyed that room. I hope you had a safe trip home! We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

AmericInn of Hartford

Been to AmericInn Hotel & Suites Hartford? Share your experiences!