“Evensong - not much to sing about” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 8 Attractions in Green Lake
Chicago
“Evensong - not much to sing about”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

Beautiful spa - but pricely for the services received. I would recommend arriving early to enjoy the walk on the labrynith, the sauna and jaccuzi. Massage was dissappointing - the wrap service needs to be longer than 50 minutes.

Visited February 2012

Barrington, Illinois
“Delightful decadent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

Driving up, you do not get a good idea of how beautiful it is inside. The decor is gorgeous, welcoming, and comfortable. There are fireplaces and cozy seats, and there is a relaxing vibe about the whole place. The women's locker room is my dream bathroom-stone showers, a luxurious hot tub (bring your suit in! I left mine in the car and wish I had brought it so I could enjoy the tub), high-end bath and hair products...from top to bottom it is impeccably decorated. My husband I had a couples massage; he had never had one before, so he was a little nervous. His masseuse Jamie was very understanding and gentle-she made him very comfortable. I had Will, who worked out every knot in my entire body. Amazing! Then I had a facial with Dawn, who explained everything she was doing since I had never had a facial before. She relaxed me even more, and my skin is glowing. Thanks Dawn! This is definitely a place I would return to (though I would not stay at Heidel House again), and would absolutely recommend it to my friends. I wish I could live there! Everything was wonderful about the spa. Will absolutely be back!

Visited February 2012
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
11 attraction reviews
“Unbelievable Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

Loved this place. I had the 1 hour facial, Sooooo relaxing, the technician was marvelous & they had a heated bed you lie in. It's quite the experience.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
14 attraction reviews
“Beautiful and relaxing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2011

The services are nice, property is beautiful and lunch was delicious. Walked around the spa in my robe for 6 hours!

Visited March 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
9 attraction reviews
“A wonderful day at a fantastic spa...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

For years I had been going to Sundara Spa for spa getaways. Their prices are always increasing and their service is declining. They nickel and dime their customers and have gotten rid of most of the “extras” that made Sundara special when it first opened. I decided to head to Green Lake this time. I stayed at the Heidel House (check out my review). Evensong is a two-minute car ride away or a short walk. I had been to Evensong once before for a mani/pedi and decided to come spend the day. It was fantastic!

From the moment I walked in I was treated like I was truly valued. I was cheerfully greeted and given a tour. My first appointment, a massage with Brandon, started right on time. I had recently had back trouble and he worked the kinks out amazingly well. Then I had time to chill out in the relaxation room. I loved curling up in the incredibly cozy chaises with super comfy throws before my lunch was ready. You look out onto nothing but green (well and the fall colors too). The food was delicious. Really fresh and perfect for the day. It was very affordable Then it was back to those chaises for a doze until Liz came to get me for one of the best facials I have ever had.

I was able to clear my pores even more in the steam room and then take a relaxing dip in the whirlpool. I really like that there are separate whirlpools for men and women. I also walked the labyrinth which really helps you clear your mind.

The changing rooms are very spacious and comfortable. The showers are huge. They also provide all the amenities you need to get ready. They even give you a chance to try out a lot of the products they actually sell.

The Heidel House runs a lot of deals with Evensong. I was able to get 20% off my spa services, which made it a great deal. Evensong’s prices are in line with other destination spas in the Midwest, and even at full price, they would have been worth every cent.

Thanks to all the staff for making it such a wonderful day. You are truly professionals. Liz and Brandon, you'll see me again!

P.S. Sundara, you should come here for lessons on how to treat customers!

Visited October 2011