“Wonderful” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

My boyfriend and I were celebrating our anniversary and we stayed at the heidel house. We had had reservations for 6:30 but showed up at 6 and enjoyed a couple cocktails at the bar before we were seated. I would like to first say that Angel the bartender was the best bartender either of us has ever had the pleasure of being served by. She was friendly and extremely knowledgable about the drinks and food menu. Once seated the atmosphere is unlike any place I've ever been. Truely unique. Our server was a sweetheart and the manager of the restaurant even came to check on us to see if we were enjoying our meal or if we needed anything. Now all of this combined with the absolutely amazing meals we had made us both agree that this place is the best for a romantic evening.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Sunset Dinner with a Lake View”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I had a wonderful dinner here. The service was very attentive. The manager stopped by my table to ask if I was enjoying the food. For dinner, I had a mushroom crepe appetizer, a salad, and the black bean croquettes. Everything was fabulous. I am a vegetarian and I enjoyed eating flavorful foods. I strongly suggest that if you want a window table with a view of the lake that you make reservations. If you want to view the sunset while dining, determine the time of the sunset for the day you are dining, you make your dinner reservation for 30 minutes before the sunset time.

After dinner, I went upstairs to enjoy a chocolate martini at the bar. Angle is a terrific bartender. The drink was delicious and Angle provided me with suggestions of things to do in the area. I would definitely return to the Grey Rock again even if I did not stay at the hotel.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mayville, Wisconsin, United States
“Elegance and delight”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

The restaurant was a perfect choice when staying at the Heidel House. We were with a large group celebrating an anniversary, but that didn't impact our service or quality of food. The staff created a relaxing atmosphere which was enjoyable for everyone.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Clintonville
“An enjoyable time at dinner.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

We liked having a table by the windows, it was nice to enjoy the view of the lake. Disliked leaving the rest of my tasty steak in the frig in our room when we left to head home.

Visited October 2013
Green Lake, Wisconsin
“Very relaxing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Great brunch in the summer, gourmet dining in the winter and relaxing piano bar with friendly staff.

• Visited August 2013