“Bad Choice” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Goose Blind Grill & Bar

Goose Blind Grill & Bar
512 Gold Street, Green Lake, WI 54941-9409 (Formerly The Goose Blind)
+1 920-294-6363
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
“Bad Choice”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stopped by yesterday afternoon for lunch. Should have left as soon as we sat down. The booth cushions should have been replace years ago, - we were sitting on springs and the wood frame. They should be embarassed seating people at this table. We ordered kids spaghetti meal, kids hamburger meal, chicken cordon on blue sandwich and the burger with an egg on it. We get the food and we can't locate the egg (which is supposed to be runny) on the burger. We inform the waiter and he said its under the cheese. Still cant find it, so we send it back. While he is gone, I removed the bun of my son's sandwich to put ketchup on it -the pattie is cut in half. When the waiter came back to point out what they see as an egg, we pointed the 1/2 pattie out. He quickly picked it up. We still had issues with the egg burger, so he took it back. Shortly later a full burger arrived for my son, and a little after that my husbands burger came out - with cold fries and 2 bottoms of a bun. The waiter brought out new fries and a top of the bun. We get the bill and no sorry for the problems, no credit for the issues - -full charge for everything. When the manager came over he said kids burgers are only half a burger, but did credit it us for it and the other burger. So, be prepared for a whole bun, but only half a burger? The food, atmosphere, customer service was nothing worth returning for/ recommending.

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Mary R, Owner at Goose Blind Grill & Bar, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review and let us know about your visit to the Goose Blind. We take great pride in the quality of our food and service, and it is very distressing to hear about your experience while you were in. I want to sincerely apologize for your dining experience; our restaurant prides itself in making our guests feel valued and satisfied and I am very sorry that you did not experience this.

Rest assured that your comment is appreciated and I have already taken steps to ensure that lapses such as this do not happen again. Also, you are absolutely right on our booth seats. It has been on our top priority since early spring this year, seeing we are still in need to update. Seeing that we have been remodeling this year as well, the next time you are in, we hope to see that you are enjoying new seats! I have also talked details over with my staff to ensure meals are being prepared correctly and are looked over thoroughly.

While I cannot change the past, I would like to invite you back as my personal guest so that we can show you that we really do provide a great experience.
Once again, please accept my sincere apology.

Best regards,
Mary Rowley, Owner.

Carol Stream, Illinois
“Fun Bar and Grill”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I had the Fish fry, wish I had come hungrier. The fish had a nice light batter. Also had a coupon for a free Margarita, so nice to be close to the B & B.

Visited July 2013
Mary R, Owner at Goose Blind Grill & Bar, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Thanks for the great review, Mike! We can't wait to see you next time when you come hungrier too! Glad you made a stop by us here at Goose!
“One of the Best Places to eat in Green Lake”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Service was great. Every time my family and I go to Green Lake my family always stops here to eat at least one night during our vacation here.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mary R, Manager at Goose Blind Grill & Bar, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
We are glad to hear that you take a night of your vacation to visit us here at Goose! We always look forward to seeing returning guests! Hope to see you soon again!
Tampa, Florida
“Family Tradition”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We go there every year for dinner while visiting Green Lake. This year they even took a reservation for us. Our server was lovely, food was delish! The salads were amazing. Nice to have a healthy finish and make room for the ice cream back at the heidel house for dessert!

Visited July 2013
Mary R, Owner at Goose Blind Grill & Bar, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
muffins_mom_11, We are so happy that you have made us a part of your family tradition! We love seeing everyone in for dinner while you visit beautiful, Green Lake.

We hope to see you back soon so you can try our new menu items that were recently added for this summer! New salads and new entrees for all!
Wisconsin
“Casual bar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Great Mojitos. Home made onion rings. A lot of friend food, but burgers looked delicious.
Fried shrimp was great. Party atmosphere, a nice mile (?) walk from Heidel House. Nice little screened area.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
NancyIreland09, we are so happy that you visited us while you were staying at Heidel House. We are looking forward this summer, so we can make you craft Mojitos! We recently have improved our hand battered haystack onion - they are even tastier! I personally recommend our hand-crafted High knocker Burger for you to try! Our High Knocker is topped with Wisconsin Cheddar, haystack onion rings (your favorite), homemade coleslaw, and steak sauce!
We look forward to seeing you again!