“Nice little "Granny's cottage"-tpye motel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lakeside Motel

Lakeside Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Green Lake
Lakeside Motel
You added Lakeside Motel to your Saves list
488 South Street, Green Lake, WI 54941   |
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Green Lake
Crystal Lake, Illinois
“Nice little "Granny's cottage"-tpye motel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

Went to Green Lake for a wedding. We picked the motel from a list sent by the bride and groom. Clean rooms, great shower, convenient in-town location. Price seemed high, but was competitive w/others in area. Overall we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends

Solo
Business
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2011

We've stayed here about 4 or 5 times the last few times we make it to the little piece of heaven - Green Lake. It's in the heart of downtown Green Lake. I think average night is about $100 but we've talked to the owners before if we are coming in late, like 12am or 1am and they will only charge us $50, which is pretty accommodating.

Around $150 (w/o tax) for lodging on wknd trip, when we drive up later on Fri after work - you can't really beat it!!

The rooms are old school, dated decor and the rooms could be cleaner/bathrooms scrubbed but I have definitely seen much worse. I'm not saying it's the Hilton but it's also not disgusting. Just needs some TLC. We had one w/a kitchenette but it was a little too outdated, a little fridge, which is all you really need. But w/that said, you're at an awesome lake & in the heart of the downtown.. you are in your room to really sleep & shower. In the morning they have coffee and treats outside, nice perk.

The owners live at the motel so they are always there if you need any assistance

They have an ice machine there so that's very accommodating w/helping stuff the cooler for boating & embracing the lake (sigh wanting to go there now!).

Already planning our trip to get there soooooon this summer!

Can't wait!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2006

I am part of a golfing foursome that goes to Green Lake every year. We always stay at Lakeside Motel and have never been disappointed. We love the location to downtown, restaurants and golfing. The hotel is very quaint and clean. The owners have been wonderful (although they are leaving this year). We are looking forward to the new owner and many more wonderful vacations in Green Lake and at Lakeside Motel.

Stayed September 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2004

I planned this weekend get-a-way for my friend and I for more than a month. I went to the Green Lake tourism web site, found a quite little motel directly across from the lake and close to downtown. But when we arrived we were told there was no reservation. I told the woman who aparently was the owner of the Lakeside motel that this was impossiable, I spoke to a man who had the same accent this woman had more than three weeks earlier and had made a reservation over the phone for three nights a double and a twin at $85 a night, although she did offer to call around for a room this is a small town on the 4th of July weekend. Needless to say this was very upseting and nearly distroyed my weekend and the beginning of my vacation. I would be very careful about making reservations at this motel

Been to Lakeside Motel? Share your experiences!