“I like the bar but not the food” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #71 of 424 Restaurants in Green Bay
Cuisines: German
Green Bay
“I like the bar but not the food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2010

The food was like cafeteria food. it's too bad, because I like hanging out in the bar.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

“Tasty Reuben sandwich.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2009

Tasty Reuben sandwich.

Green Bay, WI
“First Visit = Last Visit”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2009

My group ate at the Lorelei for the first time on Saturday, 4/11/09. Three of us had the stringiest/chewiest tenderloins on the planet, the drinks were weak, the table next to us was full of loud/sloshed diners, the bar is smokey when you enter, and it's too small/almost claustrophobic. On a good note my turkey vegetable soup was very good and our waitress was nice.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Neenah WI
“smoke eaters heaven”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2009

This is the most smoke filled resturaunt I have ever been that is supposed to be a German serving food place. I have eaten German food from Frankfurt-Munich-Bonn-Orlando-Denver-Chicago-Milwuakee-Appleton-La Crosse-Minneapolis-Cincinnati-Huntsville- and this is the worst. I had planned on eating with 12 people in the resturaunt and it was so smoke filled upon entrance , that none of us would have eaten in this place. I can,t believe that the place didn,t even have a smoke eater in the bar to eliminate some of the smoke. I would never recommend this German establishment to anyone that really enjoys the taste of German food unless they like to have it smoke laden on their palate.

Green Bay, WI
“One of the first places we had go when we moved back to Green Bay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2008

Except for the fact the bar can get a bit smoky, we love the Lorelei Inn! Family-owned, very friendly, great value for the money. And, we wholeheartedly disagree with the reviewer who rated their reuben the worst -- it's one of the best we've had. Also, good grilled salmon...Friday fish...burgers...ribeye. One of those 'where everybody knows your name' places. Can't beat their selection of imported beers. And all the bartenders can pull a Guiness -- correctly! We bring all our out-of-town visitors there!