“Very friendly” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 3 Food & Drink in Green Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: A venue for vinifera, the Captain's Walk Winery offers premium grape wine tasting in a light-hearted manner. Partake in a laid back experience that usurps the snobbery out of wine while enjoying a unique tasting education. This pre-civil war house has been updated carefully to recapture 150 years of character. Plaster crown molding, the original fireplace and hardwood floors complement openings that offer viewing of the production room and cellars.
Appleton, Wisconsin
“Very friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

We were invited to a private birthday celebration. They were friendly. What a great place to have a party. Although we stayed down stairs, we did tour the upstairs as well. The wine was GREAT!!

“Excellent way to spend 2 hours!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

We stopped in on our whirlwind quest to do "fun" things in Green Bay and Captains Walk did not disappoint! PJ and Jim were extremely friendly and knowledgeable! This winery offers a good balance of dry and sweet wines! Be sure to try the dry rose--it is not your parent's Lancers or Mateus!

Kennewick, Washington
6 attraction reviews
“Wine Tasting”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We spent an hour or so tasting wines here and talking with the owner. The tasting room and the winery are in a 150 year old house near downtown Green Bay. We were surprised to find out that some of the wines were made from grapes grown where we live in Washington State. The owner was interesting and friendly but the wines were only fair compared to those we have at home. Some we thought were pretty good, others not so much. We didn't purchase any wine but did buy a couple of stemless wine glasses engraved with the winery name.

Visited October 2012
“This was wonderful, and I'm not even a big wine drinker!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

I took a chance and booked a package here for my sister's bachelorette party, having never been here before and not really knowing anything about it. I'm so glad I did, we had a blast! I booked a package deal for a flat $75 that included a tasting of 7 wine samples for each person (we only had 7 people, but they will accommodate up to 12), a special wine glass and flip-flop coaster for the bride, and then an hour in one of their lounges with 2 bottles of wine and a cheese and sausage tray. I'm actually not a fan of most wines, but here I found 3 kinds that I very much enjoyed: Captain's White, Disappearing Treasure, and 7 Seas. Everyone who works there was extremely kind, helpful, and fun. My husband and future brother-in-law both enjoy wine quite a bit, so I look forward to returning here with them!

Waterloo, Iowa
3 attraction reviews
“Friendly, informative, and tasty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Very nice place with very friendly staff. Learned that what I thought were myths about wine tasting differently from different glassware is very true. I purchased four bottles - two of the Titletown wine that is especially tasty!

Visited October 2012