“Mold!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 40 Hotels in Green Bay
Manitowoc, Wisconsin, United States
“Mold!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

This hotel is greatly outdated, the Tv's are from 1970 but the worst was all the mold in the room. We booked a pool view king suite and upon entering the hotel it had a strong order. Our room, clean, but old and outdated found black mold all along the ceiling the bathroom and partially down the walls. Opened the windows to get fresh air in the room and found the windows full of black mold to the point of chunks falling when you tried to open the windows. Had many sinus problems while staying there even with the windows open and when it rained had to close the windows the window rattled so much I thought it was going to fall out. If this is just an overnight cheap drunk stay over, then ok. If this is supposed to be a nice getaway....stay away and spend 20.00 more for a nice room down the road.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed here just to for a family get away. The staff was super nice. The continental breakfast was very good. We stayed with our two daughters, 2 and 4 and they loved the pool. The room was nice and very comfortable, although a little dirty. The lamps were very dusty and the ledge between the couch and bed had sticky something spilled on it that didn't get cleaned. The room was very outdated as well. Other then that the overall stay was wonderful!

Room Tip: If you do not want to be kept up as for a room upstairs and at the far end from the pool. I was woke...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Hicksville, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We stayed for two nights, with a group of 8 of us... We had booked two rooms, asking for them to be adjoining, but upon calling the hotel found out that we could not get adjoing rooms with the needed beds for our stay, but we could get the rooms side by side. We also requested a microwave in at least one of the rooms.

Upon arrival, the check in was speedy and friendly, although the cleark was confused on the best parking location and enterance door for our room. As we got to our rooms, we realised that they were not side by side, but across the hall from each other (which worked out better, as the side by side rooms were a farther distance apart.) There was no available microwave in either room, nor did the front desk clerk have one the first night and we were told that they would get one in the morning, but showed us a public one that we could use if needed.

The beds were comfortable, rooms clean. There was one towel in the bathroom that was very stained and should have not been used in a guest room, but otherwise no compaint.

The pool was nice although they never seemed to have enough beach towels available. This is our second stay here and there was not enough beach towels last time either.

The breakfast was great, with a decent selection of food, dry cereal, coffee, juice, bagels, muffins, toast, eggs, sausage, and waffles.. However the breakfast area was small and very croweded.

On the last night of our stay, our little one became ill and need medical care. We inquired about a children's hospital at the front desk and was told to go to St. Mary's, and given the address. Again this was the same clerk who check us in, was confused on directions, but we found it easily with our GPS. But we found out that it was not a children's hospital, and if he needed to be admitted that they would have to transfer him to another hospital that would have a pediatric floor. Luckily, they were able to treat him and stabilize him for the drive home in the morning to see his regular doctors (as this is a special needs child).

Overall this is a nice hotel and we will stay again when in the area...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights. Room clean, except for dust hanging from the ceiling and glass marks on the nightstand. Sunk to the middle of the bed - needs a new mattress. A few ants in the bathroom, but now is the time they come in. Didn't care for the continental breakfast - much of food had little flavor. Water fountain by pool needed cleaning. Liked having a large room with a sofa. Also pool area was clean with many tables to sit at. Staff friendly and helpful. Price was good. Chose this due to ratings on this site. Actually liked the hotel I stayed in last year better although it is lower in the ratings. It cost a little more but I will probably stay there again next time I'm in Green Bay.

• Stayed November 2012
Seattle, WA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Basic motel on motel row, 2 miles from Lambeau field (30 min walk). But: veryclean, efficient and in good repair. Have stayed in Hampton across the street, and ExonoLodge is much better. Room is large, has coffe maker and frig. Bed OK, linens kind of cheap: bottom sheet would not stay on the mattress, and we're not talking monkey sex here!

Like any good motel, there is ample parking, free breakfast (did not try), and free wifi. As a bonus, the wifi was fast enough to watch direct tv NFL ticket on my iPad, which is MUCH better than expected. Plenty of chain restaurants nearby, including Starbucks (thank god -- after 4 days in Wisconsin, we were desperate for decent coffee).

In all, a better value and experience than the much pricier Hilton and Tundra. If you can make the walk, or don't mind waiting for the game day bus (free and right outside the front door), then this is a great spot for a Packers weekend.

Room Tip: Rooms near Ramada Way are quieter than those near Onieda
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Manistique, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I have stayed here a few times, and every time, I am more impressed. Not only are the rooms clean, hot tub and pool area good, and in a good location, but the staff impresses me more each time. They went over and above when I had car trouble, and I will always stay there when in the Green Bay area as well as recommend this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Des Moines, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Let me start by saying I really liked this hotel. I had a room with a king bed that overlooked the pool. I liked the sitting area when you first come in and how it is separated from the sleeping area. That being said, the furniture and tv's are a bit outdated, as is the bedding. The bed was comfortable though.
My only real complaint about my room would have to be aimed at housekeeping. When I first arrived at the hotel it was about 4:15 p.m. and I was given a dirty room. I was quickly moved to another room that was clean. In that room, my bathroom looked like a bear had used it. There was hair all over the floor and in the tub. Other than that, the room was clean.
I did not use the pool, but I did use the fitness room. My only suggestion would be to put up some blinds. I used the treadmill in the morning and the sun was at my back. I was sweating before I ever started to run because it was so hot in there. Otherwise, the fitness room was clean, and had a good selection of machines.
The hot breakfast was nice, but it might be nice to have more variety. It was the same thing both mornings I was at the hotel.
With all of that being said, the staff was very nice and I will definitely stay here again. It just needs a little updating and a little more attention by housekeeping.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!