“Nice, But a Little Dated” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #18 of 41 hotels in Green Bay
Des Moines, Iowa
“Nice, But a Little Dated”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Let me start by saying I really liked this hotel. I had a room with a king bed that overlooked the pool. I liked the sitting area when you first come in and how it is separated from the sleeping area. That being said, the furniture and tv's are a bit outdated, as is the bedding. The bed was comfortable though.
My only real complaint about my room would have to be aimed at housekeeping. When I first arrived at the hotel it was about 4:15 p.m. and I was given a dirty room. I was quickly moved to another room that was clean. In that room, my bathroom looked like a bear had used it. There was hair all over the floor and in the tub. Other than that, the room was clean.
I did not use the pool, but I did use the fitness room. My only suggestion would be to put up some blinds. I used the treadmill in the morning and the sun was at my back. I was sweating before I ever started to run because it was so hot in there. Otherwise, the fitness room was clean, and had a good selection of machines.
The hot breakfast was nice, but it might be nice to have more variety. It was the same thing both mornings I was at the hotel.
With all of that being said, the staff was very nice and I will definitely stay here again. It just needs a little updating and a little more attention by housekeeping.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

67 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

We have been staying at the Econo-Lodge in Green Bay for 15 years. We stay during Packer game weekends, so it's always 2 nights. We have always been treated well there. Rooms are always clean, pool and hot tub are good. Morning breakfast is waffles,muffins,cereal etc. The location is good, right on Ramada Way Ave. Easy access to the freeway. Shopko and a mall are close by. As well as many eating places. Fast food or sit down. Gas station close by as well. Actually all of these mentioned are in short walking distance, except for Shopko and the mall.
Rooms also have good climate control units, our rooms have a small fridge as well. I would recommend the Econo-Lodge as a mid price location to stay in Green Bay. And Lambeau Field is just a short 5 minute drive.

Room Tip: I have never had a bad room here. It's a two story, lower floor rooms would be first choice.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Freedom, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

On our first trip to watch the Packers at Lambeau, we needed 2 rooms at a reasonable price for 5 adults and 2 children, This Econo Lodge location had it all. Free breakfast and a large pool with hot tub. The hotel management was great and the rooms were very clean and comfortable. We are looking forward to making this an annual event and this Econo Lodge wil be at that top of our lodging list. Thanks for he great time!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

Decided to take my 9 year old grandaughter to her first Green Bay Packer Game this past thursday & only had 2 tickets & my daughter wanted to go along & get a way for a night & stay at a hotel & watch the game there. That way she could take us & pick us up. This was 2 weeks prior to the game didn't think we'd have much of a selection of available hotels but found this one seemed to be in a good area, looked clean & it was reasonable & had a pool & hot tub & it is a chain that I have one of their rewards program. Called to get some info & booked several days later. Well we checked in found out that we had a first floor poolside room, with 2 beds, love seat, 2 tv's & a fridge. And they also had a nice breakfast in the a.m. however we checked it out but had planned to go to the IHOP. Not only was it clean, close to lambeau field, the staff was very friendly & helpful & we truly enjoyed our stay. Wish that we could have stayed longer! I would definitly stay there again when we were in the area. I have to say "not bad for a last minute reservation". thank you to the econolodge for making our grandaughters first green bay packer game & stay over night one she will remember for a long time!

Room Tip: the poolside rooms were very nice & spacious & the whole hotel was clean & well kept
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Engadine, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

We stayed one night on our way home from Wisconsin Dells to do a little shopping in Green Bay. We knew we wouldn't be in the room much, so didn't want to pay a big price. We booked on Expedia for $54. Although the room was fairly clean, there was an overpowering odor like glue or paint in the room. The shower curtain was so moldy, we all refused to shower in the shower. The beds were hard and you could hear the springs squeak each time you moved. My kids enjoyed the pool and the breakfast was satisfactory. Chances are, we would not stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

Well let me start off by saying that the housekeeping manager and her staff were ((AWSOME)) :) the rates were great and the towels were my favorite. I really enjoyed th pool area and breakfast was satisfying ... I will definitely return and even refer friends ....

• Stayed August 2012
Osceola, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

So, let's get one thing straight--you don't come to an Econo Lodge for frills! That being said, I was very pleased with the service & conditions of this location. The in-room amenities are sparse but adequate. There was a small refrigerator, couch, tv, desk in our basic double room. Bathroom was clean. Beds were comfortable. Front desk staff was very pleasant and nice complimentary breakfast offered in front lobby. Pool and hot tub are nothing spectacular, but nice. Pool area has nice tables & chairs. We came here for one night for a Packers game. Provided you have parking for the game (hotel not in walking distance), this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed August 2012

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!