“Always good!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 40 Hotels in Green Bay
Wisconsin
“Always good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

We stayed at the Econo Lodge for the Packer game the weekend of 11/19. We have used this motel for years. It is always clean, beds are good, pool and hot tub are good as well. Staff is always helpful. I would recommend the Econo Lodge in Green Bay.

Room Tip: get a lower level room near the side exit and pool.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

The Econo Lodge in Green Bay is a great place to stay for your visit to the area. It is very clean, the furnishings are of the standard hotel type but in good shape. The price is very reasonable. Not a place for a romantic get-away but a great value for a quick overnight or weekend stay.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

Very nice facility, with a heated indoor pool and hot tub (I didn't think to bring my swim gear!). The room was very spacious and comfortable in all ways. Housekeeping service was spot on, we had a 3-night stay and all went very well. The handicapped room was a real handicapped walk-in shower with bars in the right spots. Also a good prime location. Would definetely stay there again! Oh, and a good continental breakfast with Belgian Waffles!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Holladay, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

OK, so I have to admit that I'm a hotel snob. The older I get, the less tolerance I have for grubby hotel bathrooms, stained carpet, bath towels that I could use to scrape barnacles off of my boat, and moronic front desk staff. So when I found out that I would have to make a last minute trip to Green Bay, WI for a meeting that just happened to be the same day as the Packers-Saints game, imagine how bummed I was to find that the only hotel that had an available room was the Econolodge.

Like I said before, I am an admitted snob when it comes to travel. I must admit that I had some pretty concrete preconceived notions about was an Econolodge must be like.

I was proved wrong.

From the moment I arrived at the front desk, I was impressed by how kind and warm the greeting was from the manager. He quickly checked me in an d i scurried up to my room to check out my temporary 72 hour digs. I was surprised to step into the room to find it very clean. No funky odors, no stains, and soft towels. Even the bed was reasonably comfy!

As an added bonus, the hotel was actually very quiet at night considering there were 73,000 drunk fans running around Green Bay after an amazing Packers victory.

All in all, I would stay here again if I return to Green Bay. Than you, Econo Lodge for setting me straight and reminding me that you don't have to be at a Four Seasons to get a good nights sleep!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Sterling Height, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

Very nice and clean room. Good (free) continential breakfast. Hard to beat $39.00 a night, plus taxes. I'd stay there again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Ironwood, Michigan, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

We stayed here two nights on the beginning of our vacation in July/August of 2011.

Ahmed is a wonderfully nice man who seems to never take a break! He is always at the front desk smiling, ready to help you!

The room we had was handicap accessible (we didnt require it or request it). There was a small sitting area right when you walked in with a separate tv, then a nice sized bathroom, then an adequate sized room. I thought it was nice. And clean.
The pool was large, and there were a LOT of tables in the pool area to sit at. There is also an arcade off of the pool room, and a pool table to play pool. The hot tub was big and very hot.
It looks like they are remodeling the exercise room. It was really hot in there, but after I adjusted the air conditioning, it cooled off for the next day. All of the equipment looked like brand new. The treadmill even had the tag still on it. Bonus!
The breakfast was adequate. Waffles, bagels, etc. Your basic continental breakfast.
The price was right. I booked through Choice Priveledges and got a good deal.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

I'm giving this five stars for its class. Really, really impressed for the price of $54. Huge room, 2 queens, Clean, looked almost new, great pool and hot tub. Right off the highway. Continental breakfast with good fresh food. Super friendly staff.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!