“Very nice hotel in a lovely, friendly town” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #9 of 40 Hotels in Green Bay
Oakville, Canada
“Very nice hotel in a lovely, friendly town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

A lovely property, managed by some very friendly and courteous staff. We were there overnight for a pre-season game and the hotel (along with most others in the city) was pretty much booked up. What I really enjoyed was an almost festive atmosphere owing to the game night.
There is a nice bar/restaurant on the main floor – the bar is quite lively, and I haven’t seen ones like this in many Holiday Inn properties. It also opens up to a patio.
Our room was very modern and spacious, as was the bathroom. Doesn’t look like a terribly new property, but certainly very well refurbished if not newish.
When I asked for directions (and parking suggestions) to the stadium, I was told that there is a free bus that the city runs to and from the stadium and the bus stop was right at the rear entrance of the hotel. How convenient! We took the bus – free of all parking hassles – and were able to comfortably take the one back. What a great arrangement.
On a related note (this was our first time in Green Bay) – by far one of the friendliest people I have encountered in any town. The experience at the game was so much more enjoyable because of this.
Overall – a very nice hotel in a lovely, friendly town. Would highly recommend and definitely return.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
LauraPhillips, General Manager at Holiday Inn Green Bay Stadium, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Good Afternoon,

So many wonderful comments in regards to your stay. Our team is happy to see that you enjoyed all areas of not only the hotel but the city as well. Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to lets us know how your stay with us was. We appreciate all feedback that we receive.

Hopefully we will see you again on your next visit to the green bay area.

Laura Phillips

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Woodbury, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

The check-in was not as inviting. The pool is small, the rooms were nice. I left my make-up bag after check out.

I called the hotel and the rep said they did find it and They will mail it to me. I got my bag but my Urban Decay "Naked Pallette" and My MAC foundation was missing! I am very upset, why mail me my things if you are going to steal some of my makeup. It is $200 worth of makeup missing, very disappointing!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to complete the review in regards to your recent visit to Green Bay and your stay at the Holiday Inn and Suites Green By Stadium. Management at the Holiday Inn and Suites Green Bay feel all guest feedback is extremely important for the team to be successful.

I do want to let you know that we continually are working with our team on guest service and the importance of guest service. I do apologize that your check-in experience was not inviting as expected. Any feedback in regards to this concern would be greatly appreciated. As far the pool we are aware that the pool is smaller, we try to work with the size of the pool as much as possible with our groups that come in. Typically we are a corporate hotel the majority of the week which the pool size does not affect these travelers. Unfortunately with the leisure and family business on the weekends the pool does have its drawbacks for larger parties. I also want to let you know that I do apologize for the items that you left behind at check out. Our process for lost and found items is typically a very reliable one and we have never had any issues with items missing previously. The housekeeper presents the lost and found items to the executive housekeeper who in hand delivers the tagged items to the front desk who logs the items into a spreadsheet. I did speak to each person involved in this process for your stay and I do feel that our process was successful.

Please feel free to contact me should you have any questions or concerns. Again we pride ourselves on our customer service and do what we can to ensure all of our guests have an enjoyable comfortable stay when they are with us.

Winona, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Our stay was nice but the one thing from giving this an Great score, was the check-in process. We arrived an hour and 15 minutes before check-in. Since we were going to the Packer game we were excited to get down to the stadium. As soon as we walked in, the receptionist says, "Hi, are you checking in?" And we said yes and then she proceeds to tell us that check-in isn't until 3:00. They had a full night the night before and its their "policy" that check-ins do not start until 3:00. We asked if that was true even for Priority members and she said, yes it was for everyone. I have stayed at many hotels and have checked in early many times. Most places will check to see if your room is available. This lady would not even check. It is hard for me to believe that ALL of the hundreds of rooms in this hotel were being cleaned at exactly the same time and ALL became available right at 3:00. If that is the POLICY, then they should make guests fully aware of that before they make a reservation.

Their lounge/restaurant does not open until 2:00 so we had to wait in the lobby to kill time. Then when the lounge opened up we couldn't get anything to eat since the kitchen doesn't open up until 4:00. So we sat at the bar until 3:00 check-in time. Since no one can check in until 3:00, there was now a whole lobby full of people waiting in line to check-in. When you check in they give you a free drink ticket. Nice, but most people already had been in the bar and it was no use when you need to get to the game that starts at 6:00.

Rooms are clean, the bartender was nice but if you want the full Packer experience, I would not recommend this place. It is about 2 miles from the stadium and if you have to wait until 3:00 to check in you won't have enough time to enjoy all the fun that surrounds the stadium before the big game. Cab rides from this hotel run $15-$20.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
LauraPhillips, General Manager at Holiday Inn Green Bay Stadium, responded to this review, September 9, 2012
Good Morning,

Thank you so much for taking time out of your schedule to complete the survey in regards to your recent stay at the Holiday Inn & Suites Green Bay Stadium. I am always happy to receive any comments guests have in regards to their recent stay with us. All feedback only makes us grow and learn as a team at the hotel.

I do see that you did have an issue at check in upon arriving early to the hotel, I do want to apologize for this experience. We do have a 3PM check in typically and for game days it can get quite hectic you are correct, if it is possible we do attempt to check guests in early. Un fortunately with mid week games this can become more difficult and hectic.

I do want to let you know that we do offer to store luggage in our back office and luggage closet. We do this so guests can leave to go to the Packer games earlier if they desire and then the guest can easily check in after they have experienced the game. We do put the luggage in the rooms once the rooms are ready.

We also open our lounge area earlier for guest to relax if they chose so. I am happy to hear that you did receive your BOGO drink certificate for being a Priority Club member. These certificates can be used prior to the game as well as after the game.

At the Holiday Inn & Suites Green Bay Stadium we pride ourselves on putting our guests needs first and assisting our guests to the fullest extent.

Please feel free to contact me at the hotel if you have any further questions or concerns. Again I apologize for the inconvenience experienced.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

This hotel was very nice. Very clean, and well managed. The price was right, and we finally got to Lambeau Field.There were lots of restaurants and shopping centers in the area, lots to see and do. Would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
LauraPhillips, General Manager at Holiday Inn Green Bay Stadium, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to complete the review in regards to your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn & Suites Green Bay Stadium. It sounds like you had a great visit in Green Bay and your stay was enjoyable.

we look forward to your next visit to the Green Bay area.

Macomb, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

The Holiday Inn was impeccably clean! The hots were very friendly to my son who wore a Packers jersey and myself who wore a Lions jersey! THey had a great since of humor and were very familiar with recommendations on where my son and I should visit in the Green Bay area.

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete a review in regards to your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn & Suites Green Bay Stadium. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff was a helpful resource in your visit to the Green Bay area. All comments received are passed onto team members who of course enjoy guest comments.

Again thank you and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the Green Bay area.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Hotel lobby and restaurant are smaller than I expected but the very well decorated. Pool was small, there was a hot tub as well. The room was very nice, living area with LCD TV, small area with sink, fridge and microwave across from the bathroom which had wonderful thick towels. French door to separate the bedroom from the living area which was helpful when watching two different shows on TVs. Double bed mattresses and linens were nice.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
LauraPhillips, General Manager at Holiday Inn Green Bay Stadium, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Good Morning,

Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to complete a review in regards toy our recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn & Suites Green Bay Stadium. All comments and suggestions are passed on to the team here at the Holiday Inn & Suites Green bay Stadium.

Thank you for the extremely positive comments in regards to the hotel and your guest room. We do get many compliments in regards to the room setups especially the two room suites; keeping the family together but still that separation with the french doors. We look forward to your next visit with us in the Green Bay area.

Again thank you and have a great day!

Newcastle, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

We chose the holiday inn green bay stadium as its located next to the bay park square shopping mall and a fishing pier. The price was low but breakfast is not included and its $15 per person which is very pricey so we didnt bother with it, but the rooms were very clean and modern with a flat screen tv, fridge and microwave. Staff were very friendly would reccommend for a night but without breakfast included and there being four of us its just a larger expense going out for breakfast, if this wasnt the case i would of given this hotel four stars instead of three.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
LauraPhillips, General Manager at Holiday Inn Green Bay Stadium, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Good Morning,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete the review in regards to your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn & Suites Green Bay Stadium. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your roomand the amenities and services provided with your room. Thank you very much for your input in regards to the breakfast menu. Being a Holiday Inn & Suites with a restaurant we are required to have an off the menu breakfast versus a complimentary buffet. Our menu has a variety of choices to chose from with a wide array of pricing. Also as a service to our guests we do have room rates that include a breakfast as well. Please feel free to contact me at anytime should you have any questions or concerns.

Again thank you for choosing Holiday Inn & Suites Green Bay Stadium, we do hope to see you again in the near future.

Laura Phillips

Been to Holiday Inn Green Bay Stadium? Share your experiences!