“Beautiful stay at SpringHill Suites!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites Green Bay

You added SpringHill Suites Green Bay to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites Green Bay
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1011 Tony Canadeo Run, Green Bay, WI 54304 (Formerly Cambria Suites Green Bay)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #6 of 40 Hotels in Green Bay
Chicago, Illinois
“Beautiful stay at SpringHill Suites!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I recently went to visit a friend in Green Bay & stayed at this hotel for 1 night. What a lovely hotel! I was greeted as soon as I entered & was impressed by all of the food items available for purchase. My room was perfect - 2 huge beds, a couch, a spacious bathroom - it almost felt like I had 2 rooms! I slept in so I missed the free breakfast in the morning, but I requested & was given a late check-out (which is always appreciated). All this along with free internet & free parking at a very reasonable price, absolutely no complaints! I would stay here again & highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Green Bay. Thank you for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Sarah V, Manager at SpringHill Suites Green Bay, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a glowing review of our hotel! We certainly hope to become your hotel of choice for all future visits to Green Bay as well.

greenbayagm@hp-hotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Elizabeth, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

Formerly the Cambria Suites they have now become Spring Hill Suites by Marriott. Located centrally downtown in Green Bay the hotel is very clean and quaint. Guests can come here and expect to be able to rest as the hotel is very quiet. Patrons are offered a free buffet breakfast from 6-9am. You have an assortment of cereal's as well as eggs and salsa--a very nice complementary service. Each floor is well maintained, and wi-fi is not an issue. The rooms come equipped with a small microwave and refrigerator and in the lobby you can purchase an array of snacks if hungry. The surrounding area also has some eateries but they are located on a thoroughfare. This is not a "party" area but very nice if in Green Bay on business. I am issuing 4 circles due to the hotel's hospitality, cleanliness, and morning breakfast. Coming to Green Bay? Make Spring Hill Suites your lodging choice.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind words! I am sure many travelers will find your detailed description of our current amenities helpful when choosing a hotel in the area. We hope you continue to make the SpringHill Suites your hotel of choice when you visit Green Bay.

Halstead, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at this hotel many times when it was a Cambria Suites. We stayed twice in the past week, on 2 separate stays, and I waited until after the 2nd stay to write the review. On both recent stays, the hotel was dirty. The dining area carpet was dirty and most of the common areas were dirty. Our room was nice enough, although as a Cambria, it was much nicer. The hotel staff isn't as nice or helpful, either. Marriott redecorated, but not for the better. It's like they "dumbed down" the hotel. We will not stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013
I apologize that you did not enjoy your recent stay at the newly opened SpringHill Suites. Much of our staff has remained the same from the days that we were a Cambria Suites, and we still strive to give our guests that same level of service. In your case we seemed to have failed to do so. I appreciate your feedback, and we do hope you give us another chance in the future.

Webster, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Overall, this hotel was excellent. It had just converted to the SpringHill name when we stayed there, and all renovations were complete. We stayed in a very spacious 2-bedroom suite with a view of Lambeau Field - and since our primary reason to visit Green Bay was the stadium tour, it was nice to have the view. If you are staying in the 2-bedroom suite, please note that only one of the bedrooms has a door - the other just has a privacy wall between it and the living room. The beds and pillows were comfortable and the A/C worked well to keep the room cool. The staff was helpful and friendly, and the hotel offers a large fitness center and pool/whirlpool area that isn't as hot and uncomfortable as most. The free breakfast included fresh fruit and nutella - not often found at hotel breakfasts! And they had pre-packaged to-go breakfasts if you couldn't stop to eat. They do have some kinks to work out, however. The breakfast area had exactly one 2-slice toaster. Hardly enough on a busy morning. And a single salt shaker, no packets of salt. The silverware was giant-sized, too! The lighting in the bathroom left a lot to be desired, and the room itself seemed sparse (especially living room furniture - could have used a chair and some additional artwork/wall decor). Also, it was a real challenge to use the hotel's luggage cart, as there is no convenient ramp to wheel it down - mostly curb except by the handicapped parking, which is a bit of walk depending on where you're parked. Overall, however, we enjoyed our three nights here and would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Sarah V, Manager at SpringHill Suites Green Bay, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you for your review! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our newly opened SpringHill Suites. Isn't it great to visit Green Bay and be able to wake up with a view of Lambeau Field? I am sure that many people will find your detailed review helpful. We sincerely hope your choose to stay with us again if you ever find yourself back in Green Bay!

Oslo, Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We ordered the room though the Choice hotels online booking six months ago. Later we were informed that the hotel would join the Marriott chain. What we were not told was that the hotel is under some serious remodeling, painting inclusive. I am allergic to latex paint, - which is also more polluting over longer time than more environmental friendly paints. I hate the latex stuff as it pollutes for months, rather than days!

To pay full price under the inconvenience of remodeling is simply not acceptable.

I have stayed in Marriott off Oxford street in London several times and this stay in Green Bay was beyond disappointing. I found the service almost borderline to rudeness and to be part of a building project at full price is not something I do not appreciate. The reception area was all covered in tarpaulins and old linen. The rest was covered in plastics.

We asked for access to the fitness room, but were told that that was impossible (remodeling!) They could drive us to a nearby fitness center, but that was not what we had been informed on their web page. When I approached the front desk with the request to use the fitness room for 30 minutes next morning, I was first left standing there for about 5 minutes. A manager in an office saw me, but he did not take initiative to ask what I wanted. Again unacceptable! It is called ignoring a customer, nothing more, nothing less.

The room was nice, but the blankets over the bed were insufficient and I froze during the night.

There is flat screen in front of the beds, but it must be one of the first Philips made and it is tiny. It had a good resolution however.

The bathroom was nice, but why are interior designers let loose creating washbasin areas with less than enough space to place yours and your spouses toiletries?

We were told on arrival that there would be a breakfast package next morning as compensation for the free hot breakfast. The package was shown to me and it contained an apple, a muffin and maybe a little more. Not something that will fire you you for a working day. There was no offer to reduce the price due to these shortcomings.

Was there anything good? Yes, the luggage cart was great, but the were no knobs on top to hang handbags.

Would I stay here again? Definitely not! Was it good value for money? Definitely not. Would I recommend it for friends? Definitely not! It reminded my of a dumb blonde, “very pretty, - but meager substance”.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Sarah V, Manager at SpringHill Suites Green Bay, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
I truly apologize for your disappointing stay. We do strive for ultimate guest satisfaction and clearly we fell short of this during our chaotic transition and remodeling period. I am sorry to hear that you would not choose to stay with us again, but I do appreciate you bringing your issues to our attention.

Schaumburg, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Nice clean hotel and in the shadow of Lambaeu Field.

They were remodeling the lobby and had cancelled breakfast etc. They did drop the price when I pointed that out. However, they didn't provide any form of coffee in the morning.... Seems pretty simple and when I pointed out the empty coffee containers they just removed them. Pretty basic oversight. Disappointing in an otherwise nice stay. Not clear why it needed to be closed, no one was working on the room.

Otherwise, no complaint. Big room with separate seating/sleeper but missing separator panels...

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Sarah V, Manager at SpringHill Suites Green Bay, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Thank you for your review. I apologize that the breakfast was closed during your stay due to the construction. We did have small grab and go breakfast options offered up at the desk for in house guests though. I'm sorry no one offered to get you a fresh pot of coffee instead of just removing the empty containers as well. I hope you come back to stay with us again when we are a fully functioning SpringHill Suites by Marriott with free continental breakfast and 24 hour coffee.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

We stayed here for a weekend while visiting Lambeau Field and to spend some gift cards at the Packer Pro Shop. Check in was seamless and pretty much had our a choice of rooms. Stayed in a corner suite on the top floor which was very nice. Quiet, spacious room with very comfortable beds with a nice view of Lambeau Field and the Hutson Center. Would be an ideal place to stay if coming up for a game. Staff was very friendly when we asked about local dining choices. Breakfast buffet was inexpensive but a little lacking on the selections. Would definitely return.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Sarah V, Manager at SpringHill Suites Green Bay, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Thank you for the great review. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We sincerely hope you do come back and visit us again real soon!

greenbayagm@hp-hotels.com

Been to SpringHill Suites Green Bay? Share your experiences!