“long time customer, finally posting!” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 418 restaurants in Green Bay
Cuisines: Coffee Shop, Vegan, Vegetarian, Healthy
Good for: Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Appleton, WI
“long time customer, finally posting!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I was reviewing my tripadvisor submissions and found I had not reviewed Kavarna yet. Where have I been? I have been going to Kavarna since my college years in GB. I started going about four months after they opened and have continued to this day. I no longer live in Green Bay but when my wife and I get up there, Kavarna is always on the list. We love their new location as it has much more room but still has a cozy feel like the old one.

The coffee itself has changed a few times but always for the better. The food is still great! Can you image a VEGAN or VEGETARIAN coffee shop 14 years ago? Kavarna was WAY ahead of its time and I'm thankful for that. I've always had great service, great food, and excellent coffee.

I'm a complete coffee snob so Kavarna does not make my top 5 coffee shops in the US list, but it makes my top 5 in Wisconsin list for sure! Anywhere north of Milwaukee or Madison this is THE coffee shop to visit!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

90% Recommend
“Good food and coffee, costly $”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

Food was great, able to get vegan! Coffee was excellent. Staff was friendly, didn't make you feel out of place like some other cafes.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Kansas City, Missouri
“Highly recommend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

This is by far the hippest place to grab a lunch or coffee. I ate here several times and each lunch item that I ordered was well prepared and tasty! I would recommend the southwestern wrap for sure and try the pumpkin dessert squares (seasonal?)! Staff is attentive and the ambiance is great with plenty of seating and good wifi. I didn't try their deli but it looked quite popular with quality ingredients. Also, their cheese selection was very good.

Visited October 2012
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Neat little place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

We dropped in for coffee and cake.

One cappuccino, one earl grey tea, a pumpkin cupcake with brown sugar frosting (too die for) and a raspberry cream cheese muffin (also to die for).

We lounged on a comfy sofa while we people watched. Clearly a popular place and lots of options to choose from. Neither of us are vegetarians however we could certainly have found plenty to select from.

Staff were friendly and attentive.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rockville, VA
“A Vegetarian's Dream!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Being a vegetarian, travel often means endless meals of salad, pasta and sandwiches made with mushrooms. Kavarna was a wonderful surprise, and a real delight. The food selection was amazing (the cheese artichoke sandwich was perfect!) and the location was great. Not the best ambiance, but it matched the food. I wish I could go back regularly!

Visited September 2012