“Great Winter Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Lancaster, Wisconsin
“Great Winter Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

We were visiting family for Christmas and choose to stay at this hotel because I felt the kids would like their pool better then the Country Inn and Suites in Ashwaubenon. The pictures online make the pool look bigger than it is. But saying that the pool area is still a nice size. They had a toddler pool which is great for little kids. The other pool has a basketball hoop in the deep end and the other side had a bench area which is nice for the kids who are in between the toddlers and teenagers years.

We need a few things during our stay, bowls for the popcorn we bought, more pillows and a toothbrush that my daughter forgot and the front desk employee was so accommodating.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Michelle F, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Green Bay East, responded to this review, January 2, 2014

I am happy to see that you had a great overall experience! Nothing could please me more than knowing that our guests have had an enjoyable stay at our hotel. I will be sure to share your wonderful comments with our entire staff!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Shawano, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Stayed here recently for an overnight getaway trip with my wife. Room was very clean and comfortable, the pool area was spacious and very nice, and the breakfast was great. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We would definitely stay again!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
JessHanson, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Green Bay East, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us. I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed your room, the pool and your breakfast! I will be sure to share your great comments with our staff! We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Green Bay, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Stayed here for a business function. Room was spacious and nice. Everything was clean and tidy. Price was very reasonable. Staff were all very courteous. I was very hungry upon arrival and they suggested I try the restaurant next door. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to friends and family.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
JessHanson, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Green Bay East, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us. I'm very happy to hear that you had a pleasant time at our property! I will be sure to share your wonderful comments with our entire staff! Once again, thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again soon!
Fremont, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

Ben, the desk clerk, was so helpful and friendly. He deserves a raise! Our King room was very clean, bed was comfortable. Loved the extras, like an extra blanket in the drawer. Wonderful stay! Very affordable rate also. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us. I am very pleased to see that you enjoyed your Guest Room, Breakfast and our Pool! I will be sure to share your wonderful comments with Ben! We hope to see you again if your travels ever bring you back to our area!
Wadsworth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

We stayed here for one night and the front desk was nice enough to allow us to check in early. That worked out great, as we were attending an afternoon concert at the Weidner Center and didn't want to leave all of our luggage, etc in the car. Rooms were very clean. Pool was great. Granddaughter (4 years old) loved the splash pool and would have stayed until closing time, if we allowed it. the contintental breakfast had a great variety -- no reason to leave hungry! The hotel was within walking distance to many restaurants. Great location!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
JessHanson, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Green Bay East, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us. I am very pleased to see that you enjoyed everything from your Check-in experience to Breakfast. I will be sure to share your wonderful comments with our entire staff! Once again, thank you for choosing to stay at our property!
La Crosse, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel twice in the last year. The first time our room had wallpaper border peeling off and falling down the wall, and the king size bed seemed tiny compared to other king size beds in other hotels. We were in town to visit family and only staying one night so no big deal. We just thought we got a bad room. A week ago we had to stay in Green Bay again for a wedding. This time we had to stay for two nights during a Packer home game weekend. Not knowing the area and with many places booked solid I decided to do a "hail Mary" and give it another try.

This time the room was the same except the wallpaper border was much worse, the carpet seemed dirty, the bathroom fan did not work, and the bed was so hard I spent both nights switching from the bed to the couch, to the chair trying to get some sleep. The folks above us seemed to jog back and forth in the room for hours at a time. After a while we decided they must have been exercising their livestock. I asked friends who were also staying in the hotel if they had any noise issues from the rooms above theirs and they all shared the same complaint. The party atmosphere of the Packer game made for much loud talking and running in the halls. We left early on checkout day and skipped the imitation eggs because the breakfast room was packed solid with Packer fans and I was more interested in getting back across the state and maybe trying to get some sleep.

The bill for this two-night stay was $332 and change. Yikes! I guess with the Packer home game you can charge whatever you want. If it had been my choice I would not stay in Green Bay on a Home game weekend, but it was not.

I did fill out the hotels online survey after I got back home and to their credit they did respond and offer me 25% off my next nights stay, but I will pass. I have stayed in many, many hotels including other Country Inns in the Midwest. This one was a disappointment to say the least.

Next time I will stay someplace else after checking Trip Advisor.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here get a room on the top floor and make sure you can open you windows. The upp...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
JessHanson, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Green Bay East, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review regarding your recent stay with us. It is this feedback from valued guests, such as yourself, that enables us to continue to offer the best quality and service possible. However, I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. I can assure you that we are in the process of removing the Wallpaper Borders from all of our Guest Rooms as well as Shampooing the Carpeting in each. I have also shared your comments with our entire Staff as well as our Management Team. We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations.
Cloquet
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We were fortunate to stay a Sunday evening when vacancy was far from full. I was not recognized as a Club Carlson Elite member, but that is becoming far more normal. We booked the 2 bedroom suite, which in reality is the normal room with 2 twin beds and a bedroom off the side with a king bed. The suite was comfortable for our needs. Stay was very quiet, I'm sure due to the lack of bookings for the night. Pool area was nice, again, not busy at all, so we were able to enjoy quietly. Breakfast was better than normal, but unfortunately a little cold (biscuits, eggs, and ham). I would have no problem recommending this Country Inn and Suites.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
JessHanson, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Green Bay East, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us. I'm very happy to hear that our Family Suite worked out well for you! However, I do sincerely apologize that you did not feel recognized as an Elite Member in our loyalty program. It should not be the "norm", and I will definitely use your experience as a coaching tool for our Front Desk Staff. I will also be sure to pass your concerns about Breakfast with the rest of our Management team. On behalf of our entire staff, I thank you for choosing to stay at our property and hope to see you again soon if your travels bring you back to our area!

Been to Country Inn & Suites Green Bay East? Share your experiences!