“this is the dirtest motel every stayed in” 2 of 5 stars

Road Star Inn of Green Bay
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1941 True Lane, Green Bay, WI 54304   |
Ranked #34 of 40 Hotels in Green Bay
Antigo, Wisconsin
“this is the dirtest motel every stayed in”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

The carpets were dirtyin the halls. I reserved 2 rooms and in the one roomThe towel holder fell of the wall and fell into the toliet with all the towels on it, when I went to check out I told them and I got no reaction. In the 2nd room the microwave keep going off durning the night and then resetting and the bath tub caulk was horrible, I won't even take a shower. I would rather pay more and get a much better service.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
West Bend, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011 via mobile

I would definitely recommend this inn for all ur Green Bay sleeping needs. The location was perfect a 5 min walk to Lambeau Field. We were there recently for Packer Family Night and had a wonderful stay. They let us check in at 11 am well before other hotels allow you in. We met the manager Andrew(Andy) and he was fantastic as well. Any questions or needs u had were taking care of immediatley. I will be back in November for a game and hope that I can stay at this location as well. Also they had a small breakfast in the morning that consisted of juice,donuts,bagels and fruit a perfect way to get ur morning started. A nice place, fun atmosphere don't be afriad of this place it was great.

• Stayed August 2011
Stevens Point
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

We had a group of rooms at the Road Star Inn for the Packers shareholder meeting. Everyone was happily surpised with this hotel. The rooms weren't that expensive, but all were clean, and the mattresses seemed new. There was a nice new loveseat in our room, and it was very comfortable. Overall our group would definately recommend this place to anyone looking for a true bargain. Very friendly and helpful staff, and the manager Andrew has some very good dining ideas in the area.

Room Tip: Talk to Andrew to get the best rooms available
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Crystal, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

We have stayed here twice and it is a good place to stay. The room is large and clean. Free Internet and a reasonable selection of cable tv channels. No toiletries, hair dryer, or coffee pot in the room but decent coffee in the lobby. Friendly, helpful staff. It is an old facility and not in perfect condition but nothing wrong with the room. We have enjoyed staying here.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Calgary Ab
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2009

My husband and I went to Green Bay to take in Lambeau Field. We wanted a cheap hotel close to Lambeau which is the Road Star. There was an event happening at Lambeau so their rates had gone up so my husband said we would keep looking. The manager caught him before he left and offered him the regular rate.
Although the decor of the room was a little out there, the room was large and we found it clean and comfortable. They served a continental breakfast in the morning, which was a nice bonus, with a good selection of items.
There was an issue with the toilet in our room and we were quickly moved to another room. We found the staff friendly, greeting us in the morning as we went out and again when we returned, offering suggestions of places to shop, and just making us feel at home.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
ramone_32
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2009

My girlfriend, my friend and I made a quick last minute trip to Green Bay over the Memorial day weekend. We stayed at the Road Star because it was someplace cheap to crash. For what we paid, about $55 after taxes and fees, it was a fine room. There was nothing special about the room, but nothing wrong with it either. The room was clean, and the bed was comfortable enough. The recliner had seen better days, but otherwise everything was clean and functional, if not new. the continental breakfast was spartan (juice, coffee, english muffins, and doughnuts) but at the price it was a nice way to grab a little food before we got back on the road.
The staff was friendly and helpful, first helping to arrange for an early check in, and later helping suggest local restaurants and bars in the area.
The hotel is right across the street from Lambeau Field, so if its not already booked for the upcoming season, it would be a good place to stay if traveling for a game.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
green bay,wi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2008

We went to green bay not really knowing where we were going to stay it was like 1:30 in the morning and we just wanted something inexpensive and easy to get to. Well we got lost before we got there but thats just because i really never been to green bay. We called and got a price of 52 something, which wasn't bad. I have worked in and around hotels all my life and wasn't expecting a hole lot. we got there and checked in the girl that checked us in didn't really care about anything or willing to help us. We were down there looking for an apartment. our room was on the 2nd floor, i got up there and couldn't even get the door open with key, my boyfriend had to play with it a little bit to even get it open. he finally did we went in and my first response was "oh boy". There was a flat old king bed with the oldest bedspread ive seen and a couch with the biggest stain on it ive ever seen (and it was probably older than me). First thing i did was strip the blankets off the bed and threw them on floor which didn't look vacuumed. I didn't want to touch anything i was basically scared of the room. I would have left but it 2 am and i needed sleep and i paid already. We went to bed and woke up to take a shower with cold water and a gross tub (yuck). we went downstairs to check out there was a group of people (wierd looking people and we talking about things you shouldn't be talking about in the lobby.) I would never stay there again or tell my worse enemy to stay there ever. It was the scariest place ive ever stayed.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Road Star Inn of Green Bay? Share your experiences!