“Pleasantly surprised” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Entertaining clients, Doing business, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Broadway
Description: Hinterland..the hub of contemporary American cuisine in Green Bay, WI. Executive Chefs, Ben Raupp and Kelly Qualley, explore a multicultural approach to cooking and eating. Their journey to create bold flavors and uncommon pairings is a daily mission at Hinterland.Private Dining..Our lounge is the perfect space for your next rehearsal dinner, birthday celebration, holiday party, or business dinner. With seating for large groups, a fully-stocked bar, built-in LCD projector and big screen, Hinterland's private lounge is sure to impress. Catering..Let us bring the experience and sterling reputation of Hinterland directly to your door. Whether you're entertaining 20 guests or 500, Hinterland delivers the finest catering services available. Let your imagination wander, giant South African prawns, authentic wood fire grilled Kobe beef tenderloin, the sky's the limit. Not only will we provide a professional and friendly staff but you'll have our team of chef's at your complete disposal.
Edmonton, Canada
“Pleasantly surprised”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2015

This restaurant is a brewery and eatery, the food is definitely not pub fare. The food was very good and the service was excellent. I am rating this "mid range" to "high" for pricing. We had a beer each, shared an appetizer and each had an entre, before the tip it was $105.00. Not cheap, but worth the visit. Would recommend reservations, we were lucky as we went early on a Saturday evening and were able to get in without reservations. By 7:30 the restaurant was packed.

• Visited March 2015

Green Bay, Wisconsin
“A brewpub beyond expectations!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2015

Yes, this is a functioning brewery, and yes, they make excellent beer. But I don't go there for the beer, but for the food. Try the wood-fired grilled beef ribeye with creamy polenta, or the andouille-encrusted walleye. Finish your meal with chocolate stout cake.

And their pub draught beer is excellent with these meals!

• Visited July 2014
Green Bay
“Best bar in Green Bay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2015

The upstairs bar at Hinterland is a great place for a group to hang out. It is expensive but I feel you are getting the best service, food and beverages/beer for the price. The look and feel of the bar is intimate yet very hip.

• Visited November 2014
Appleton, Wisconsin, United States
“Not your typical bar food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2015

I had tried Hinterland once before but it wasn't open and so I headed to Titletown across the street. This time I made sure to hit Hinterland when it was open. My nephew and I headed there on a Friday evening and arrived around 6pm. Opted for the upstairs lounge and sat at the bar. I've drank their beers before and ordered an IPA. My nephew ordered a Rishi blueberry tea. After checking out the menu I opted for the fish and fries with the brisket soup. My nephew the trout and scallops. My next beer was the Maple Bock and it went terrific with the fish, which was Llght and flaky and excellent as was the soup, which I highly recommend. My nephews blueberry tea was one of the best I have ever tasted. He was silent as he devoured his trout dinner and was all smiles. I ordered an after dinner beer, the Grand Cru, another recommendation and my nephew went for the desert which I think was an apple crumble of some sort and a smore coffee. We were both very glad that we finally had dinner here. I'll definitely return. The menu can get a bit pricey because everything is ordered separately. You can easily spend $75-$100 per person if ordering an appetizer, soup, and an entrée plus drinks. It's a good place to get away from it all an indulge at least once a month. Otherwise, just the beers are well worth the visit.

• Visited March 2015
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Depends on what you are looking for”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2015

Limited FOODIE menu, I think there was 1 fish item, on pork, one shrimp/seafood, a poltry, and 2 red meat items to select from. I ordered the thick Pork chop, and it was good. Menu is set up as a FOODIE menu, all additional items are extra - side of anything is extra, dinner salad = extra. So though it has Brewery in the title, it is designed as a FOODIE experience. Which does make the cost a bit prohibitive to partake regualrly. Our service was ok, not exceptional, and not terrible. It was a busy night and we were having fun visiting. The average rating is due to menu selection and cost, the quality of the food itself was very good (but not exceptional).

Visited January 2015