“Beer good, service poor” 2 of 5 stars

Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Broadway
Description: Hinterland..the hub of contemporary American cuisine in Green Bay, WI. Executive Chefs, Ben Raupp and Kelly Qualley, explore a multicultural approach to cooking and eating. Their journey to create bold flavors and uncommon pairings is a daily mission at Hinterland.Private Dining..Our lounge is the perfect space for your next rehearsal dinner, birthday celebration, holiday party, or business dinner. With seating for large groups, a fully-stocked bar, built-in LCD projector and big screen, Hinterland's private lounge is sure to impress. Catering..Let us bring the experience and sterling reputation of Hinterland directly to your door. Whether you're entertaining 20 guests or 500, Hinterland delivers the finest catering services available. Let your imagination wander, giant South African prawns, authentic wood fire grilled Kobe beef tenderloin, the sky's the limit. Not only will we provide a professional and friendly staff but you'll have our team of chef's at your complete disposal.
De Pere, WI
“Beer good, service poor”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

We just thought we would stop for a drink upstairs on a Saturday night. It was somewhat busy -- but not too bad. We grabbed a table. After about two minutes the waitress took our order. Very friendly. That is the last we saw her for 15 minutes! A simple drink and a tap beer can't take that long. Beer was good. Way over-priced IMO. It would have been so bad but the wait was tough to explain. May try again.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

72% Recommend
Gainesville, FL
“Creative and Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

We had a fantastic experience at Hinterland last weekend. We appreciated the creative and delicious items on the menu. The Beef Tongue Scrapple was wonderful - crispy on the outside, soft on the inside, and very flavorful.

Their beers were also very nice. The coffee stout was very good.

Our waiter was helpful and pleasant. Very good service.

We would eat here again!

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Expensive but good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

We went there when my Husband was interviewing for a job. The food was amazing but expensive! The menu changes daily/weekly depending on what they find fresh at the market. Really unique atmosphere.

Visited April 2012
“Some of the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

I've visited Hinterland numerous times now and there aren't many places in GB that compare. The food has always been amazing, granted you might need to mortgage the house for the bill. Overall still a great experience and worth treating yourself. The upstairs bar area is by far my favorite environment.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Good Food, HORRIBLE Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

I have been to Hinterland several times. I have always enjoyed the food- the seafood is always fresh and well prepared. The atmosphere is warehousey and dim which is not a negative or a positive. I typically order beer and wine. Their brewery beer is good but not the best I've ever had. Wine selection is decent, but pricy. On my last visit I ordered a gin cocktail with lavender. Really? for 9 dollars I would expect to taste some gin. Apparently not here. My boyfriend's cocktail only filled about 2/3 of the glass. I guess the server took a slug on the way over to ensure the bartender hadn't put too much booze in it. Like I said, I have been here several times and every time the service has been terrible. Cold and impersonal. I always feel like I am not welcome, nor should I expect anyone to crack a smile. Seemed more interested in standing by the front door waiting to see which Packer player was going to walk in next. I have worked in the food biz my entire career-- It is called the hospitality industry for a reason. Take a hint. It should not take 30 min for appetizers to arrive at the table especially since we pre arranged them. Our host should not have to get up 3 times to check on the status of our food nor should it take 10 minutes for a bottle of wine to arrive. Once it did, the server poured our host a taste and then proceeded to fill everyone else's glass while her's sat empty. Excuse me??? We were expecting a great experience. What we got instead was a huge bill, inexcusably rude service and a guarantee that we will not be returning. Do yourself and your wallet a favor and go somewhere else.

• Visited August 2012