“Disappointed.” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #134 of 394 Restaurants in Green Bay
“Disappointed.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Based on previous TripAdvisor reviews, I had high expectations of this new restaurant. But, my husband and I were both disappointed. We both ordered the jambalaya, and though it was good, it wasn't great. It tasted like it was left over from the day before and had simply been re-heated. The hush puppies were fantastic, but were served with tartar sauce instead of the more traditional remoulade. We sat on the outside patio, smoke-filled and dirty. The tables clearly hadn't been cleaned off in hours. I had to remove dirty glasses and wipe our table down myself before sitting down. We love Creole & Cajun food, but this place just didn't do it for us.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Tasty!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Not being very familliar with "authentic" Cajun food, my expectations weren't too high, but I was pleased with my experience at this place. Normally you order at the window by the kitchen, then the food is brought out to your table, but since we had a large group (8) we were waited on - by the owner himself! We ordered several appetizers and shared them around the table - my favorites were the gator bites and the deep-fried jambalaya balls. My shrimp po-boy sandwich was very good as well - they fly their shrimp in fresh from the Gulf daily. There really is a big difference between fresh and frozen. The atmosphere isn't much - the dining room is sandwiched in between the Sardine Can bar and the outside tiki bar - in what appears to have recently been a garage. Music was good (Cajun) but too loud for holding a conversation across the table. Overall, though, a good experience and I would return and try other things on the menu. One side of menu is Cajun, the other side American favorites.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Great tasting but small portions for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

After seeing Jambalaya House featured on Fox11's "Cooking with Amy," I gave it a try for lunch. I had the blackened shrimp on salad, small order crawfish pie bites, and a cup of jambalaya--total bill about $18. I was still hungry when I left. The food tasted fresh and excellent, but the prices were high for the portions received. Either drop the prices, or increase the portion sizes. I must say, though, the jambalaya was so delicious, I bought an extra bowl to take home.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Thought that the food was great. Have eaten there twice now and both times it was great. I will go back again. Next time I am going to bring my son so he can try it. Next time I am going to try the gator bites.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Appleton, Wisconsin
“Awesome Cajun Food - REAL DEAL”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

This place is so neat. It looks like you have stepped in to the south when you walk in. Small but nice and clean. Attached to a bar The Sardine Can and if you want Down south food and drinks, this is the place to go! One of the owners is from Louisiana and has everything shipped fresh. It was explained to me that nothing is ever frozen and everything is hand battered, You gotta try it. Worth every penny! :)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere