“You'ld never suspect this place was great!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #135 of 417 restaurants in Green Bay
Cuisines: American
ynotbloom
“You'ld never suspect this place was great!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Hospital food usually denotes one of the 4 places unique to institutionalize food (in addition to prisons, mental institutions, and schools!). However, Greenbrier Café located on the north side first floor of the Aurora Baycare Hospital complex breaks that mold completely. Cafeteria feel with a nice sitting area in side. Your choice of the as-you-order grill with nice selections, or the upscale special meals of the day. Nice desert and extra selection as well as no shortage of beverage options. Excellent price and great taste. Local Law Enforcement have been known to stop by for their breaks and meals - and cops don't waste their preciously short lunch breaks on dives! This is a favorite spot for my wife and I for short quick date nights, or a nice spot to stop with the family from time to time. Nice entrance if you are not in the hospital itself, or convenient pathway to it from the main lobby.

Visited October 2013

% Recommend
milwaukee, wi
“Okay, but not the experience everyone raves about.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

So I tried this place out since everyone spoke so highly of it for a hospital cafeteria. I think I might see what they're saying... because of the cost, but I did not experience what I was hoping for. Part of the issue may have been that I ate during mid-afternoon, not at lunch. My options were limited at that time.

Food - I got a burger - typical cafeteria style flat patty of meat. It was ok. I wanted the deep friend mushrooms. That was a poor call. The girl overfried them; they were terrible. The dessert options were surprising and varied, though. The cake I got there was better than 2 other restuarants that I got dessert at during a two week stay in Green Bay for work.

Atmosphere - hospital cafeteria. Fortunately, there's a wall of windows. Enough said.

Price - Low prices, but then it is what you get in an institutional cafeteria, not a restaurant.

Honestly, I would need to visit a couple more times to make a better call, but the deep friend mushrooms were a disappointment. I have heard from many Aurora employees that this place is way better than the other hospital cafeterias. I do not know if that's for quality, creativity, or variety. I wouldn't stop unless you are at the hospital.

• Visited April 2013