“Okay, but not the experience everyone raves about.” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #44 of 394 Restaurants in Green Bay
Cuisines: American
milwaukee, wi
“Okay, but not the experience everyone raves about.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

So I tried this place out since everyone spoke so highly of it for a hospital cafeteria. I think I might see what they're saying... because of the cost, but I did not experience what I was hoping for. Part of the issue may have been that I ate during mid-afternoon, not at lunch. My options were limited at that time.

Food - I got a burger - typical cafeteria style flat patty of meat. It was ok. I wanted the deep friend mushrooms. That was a poor call. The girl overfried them; they were terrible. The dessert options were surprising and varied, though. The cake I got there was better than 2 other restuarants that I got dessert at during a two week stay in Green Bay for work.

Atmosphere - hospital cafeteria. Fortunately, there's a wall of windows. Enough said.

Price - Low prices, but then it is what you get in an institutional cafeteria, not a restaurant.

Honestly, I would need to visit a couple more times to make a better call, but the deep friend mushrooms were a disappointment. I have heard from many Aurora employees that this place is way better than the other hospital cafeterias. I do not know if that's for quality, creativity, or variety. I wouldn't stop unless you are at the hospital.

• Visited April 2013