“Best ribs in town ” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Green Bay, Wisconsin, United States
“Best ribs in town ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

Very small place, but amazing food.
The staff is very helpful, just ask when ordering.

If you get a chance, you should really try this place.
It is truly hidden treasure.

Phelps, New York, United States
“Don't Let the Size of the Place Fool You”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

The exterior looks sort of like a cross between a shack and a food truck. It's small but has a charming Western themed interior. The food is absolutely fresh and delicious! The portions are a bit small but the prices are very reasonable. We were a group of four and had the ribs, the pulled pork and the tacos. All very yummy! The pico de gallo was fabulous with the lovely taste of fresh cilantro. A must visit when in the area!

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Clintonville, Wisconsin
“Good stuff!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I had a nice lunch there the other day. The service was good and the place is small, but nice. I ordered a plate with one meat(brisket) and 2 sides. I wasn't asked if I wanted moist or lean nor did I ask, so I got lean. It was pretty good. The lean part of the point is not supposed to be super juicy, so I was satisfied with that as well as the taste. It could have been a little smokier tasting for me, but probably just right for most people. I asked about buying a few ribs to buy and they gave me one. It was a tiny bit dry, but was right on with the taste and needed no sauce at all.

The Boracho beans are always a favorite dish of mine when I can find them. Joe's are pretty good and have fresh ingredients that you can tell made a difference. The potato salad was also very good and appeared to be scratch made with skin-on red potatoes.

The sauces that I tried were very good as well. I'm a native Texan, so I am not in love with the vinegar based sauces used in the southeast. The regular sauce had great taste, but the spicy sauce was what I would call a good Texas style sauce that is a bit sweet and tangy with some kick.

Overall pretty good, Ya'll

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Great Smoked Meats”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Hard to find but well worth it. Not much space and decor but the food makes up for it. The wonderful aroma greets you in the parking lot and pulls you in. No alcohol is served. Decent serving sizes. Very friendly staff. Can see why it's a "locals" hangout.

Visited September 2013
Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
“The best BBQ I've had outside of Texas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I stumbled across this place on a whim last year, while in Green Bay for a work conference. It was great then, and great now when I went back for another work conference this year. The rip tips are off the hook, the texas tacos amazing, and the brisket is to die for. The service here is lacking, but it's walk up and they deliver, like Culver's...so not much is needed. The real star here is the food. You can't go wrong with anything here, and I can't wait to go back next year.

• Visited July 2013