“One of the best!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Wausaukee, Wisconsin
“One of the best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

This is one of the best, family friendly, hotels I've ever been to. We got the Fall Into Fun package, and it was definitely worth the extra $. They let us check in early. (I think because it was a Sunday afternoon/non Packers day.) We went to the park twice, once that afternoon, and once the next morning. The package included: a large pizza & a 2 liter of coke (which we had for dinner), and breakfast buffet for 2 adults/2children the next morning. My son's 3rd birthday was awesome!!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Mary S, Manager at Tundra Lodge Resort Waterpark & Conference Center, responded to this review, November 24, 2011
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your opinion and appreciate you as our customer. I was happy to hear that your family loved the Fall into Fun package and your birthday party was a big success.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Fox Cities, Wisc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

We had to stay here because we were attending a conference on-site. Didn't use the waterpark. No comment on that except it seemed much smaller than we are used to (as we normally travel to Wisconsin Dells if we are looking for a waterpark).

Hotel was ok. Not bad, not outstanding.

Mattress in our room were awful. Hubby and I got to sleep nose to nose because we kept rolling to the center of the bed. Watch out for the $3 a bottle water in the room!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments. I was disappointed to hear about the bed in your room. I have instructed maintenance and housekeeping to pay special attention to this issue. I hope the conference you attended was worthwhile. It is through comments like yours that we are able to improve our product.
Thank you again for taking the time to write a review.
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

Found dirty tissues between the bed and headboard and asked to be compensated. Instead we got moved to another room and the sheets on the sofa were disgusting! There was body hair all over! The water park was extremely hot and all the chlorine in the air burned our eyes. It seemed every time we needed something, none of the staff knew what they were doing!!! Excuse after excuse after excuse without even a simple apology!!! Horrible experience and will never go back. I would much rather drive a little further to the Dells. After telling friends and family about our experience, I've heard mention that the Management has changed frequently and there's been much turn over. Hmm..wonder why?! Overall service and standards are very sub-par.

Room Tip: Do not choose this hotel.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Hello,
I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay. I was very upset with the number of issues you brought up and that we failed in many ways. I have addressed these issues with our housekeeping, maintenance and waterpark staff. The employees you encountered should have been able to address your concerns with tact and diplomacy. I apologize for the issues you experienced at our property.Thank you again for your comments, it is through comments like yours that we are able to improve our products and service.
Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

September 17th 2011 this Arizona/Colorado grandmother spent time with her granddaughter & her little friend from Green Bay area at The Tundra Lodge for an over night stay. We had a wonderful bonding time playing in the arcade, swimming & playing in the waterpark & enjoying a nice reasonably priced buffet with good food! The friendly staff at Tundra helped make this special time a huge success! They try their best to quiet down the hallways from the pitter patter of running little feet or the excitement from little voices forgetting they are indoors while going to their rooms, so please keep an open mind while visiting this wonderful family orientated resort. Hope to visit Tundra again ....I love Wisconsin GO PACK GO!
Linda Ruby

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
WAUWATOSA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

I stayed at Tundra Sept 12-17 during which time the water park was closed and I received a discounted rate because of this. With the waterpark being closed during my stay the hotel was extremely quiet with a low capacity which suited me fine. I felt safe arriving back at the hotel at 1-2 am each night and since there were few other guests, I was not disturbed sleeping in each morning. The staff I interacted with were polite, professional and helpful. The room set up would have been great for a family. Two queen beds and a short wall separating the sofa bed. Free Wi-fi was a plus for me as was the refridgerator and micro. The coffee pot was only a one cupper which was disappointing. The bathroom with toilet and shower over tub was a little tight but with the separate sink area in the room it was ok. Lighting could have been better above the sink. The tv was not set up for onscreen channel indicator so had to remember what station it was on. Iron, ironing board and retractable clothesline in bathroom were a plus. Friday night had more people in the hotel and could then tell that the walls were not very soundproof. In the hallway, I could hear footsteps and talking from the floor above. I would return here again with my young grandchildren for the waterpark but it would not be my personal preference in traveling alone unless the waterpark was closed.

Room Tip: Without children, I would request near the conference center, away from the waterpark area, for a qu...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

Stayed for one night for the Kenny Chesney concert. Had a double queen suite which worked great for 3 adults. Beds were very comfortable and room had lots of space to spread out. Waterpark was nice but it is small. After 1 hour you will get bored. But the best part is that you are only about 5 blocks from Lambeau Field which saves you lots of money on parking.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Hancock, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

When we first arrived the check in didn't go well although they let us have our room at approx 1pm, the gal at the desk charged my credit card when I was paying cash(thought she was just scanning the card for a deposit) Once that was straight we did get 2 days worth of free breakfast at the Caribou..We then were handed our room cards and I had no idea where to go as this was our first trip..With a wave of her hand she motioned down the hall in which we had to go back and get directions again..door 5 doesn't mean squat when you are on unfamiliar ground. The rooms were clean and cleaning offered the next day. The walls are thin but nothing too bad on our stay..The bathroom is too small like being in a phone booth! My 10 year old loved the water park but the 18 yr old soon got bored and the arcade had lame gifts,The lifeguards are atttentive however one was very rude telling my 10 yr old to not touch the basketball rim or"your a%@ is out of the pool" hmm not good customer service there..The resort itself is beautiful with an outstanding display of "tundra animals" Its very clean the food at the Caribou was great esp the breakfast, gift shop cute but expensive.The 3rd floor hall was way too warm and I was glad we were on the lower level.Overall we did enjoy our stay and will go back again before my son gets too much older as I feel the teens would be bored with the waterpark

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Mary S, Manager at Tundra Lodge Resort Waterpark & Conference Center, responded to this review, August 28, 2011
Hello Folks from Hancock, MI,
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. We take all comments very seriously and appreciate your feedback. I will look into the customer service issues you experienced, especially about the waterpark staff comments, which are unacepotable and not our standard.
I would welcome talking to you in person, you could contact me at ----------
Thank you for bringing this to my attention. We appreciate you as a customer.
Mary Shallow
Manager, Tundra Lodge Resort & Convention Center, Green Bay

Been to Tundra Lodge Resort Waterpark & Conference Center? Share your experiences!