“very pedestrian” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Sushi
De Pere, WI
“very pedestrian”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Stopped for lunch midweek. Nothing really stood out - either good or bad. I guess I was expecting more flavor from the special maki rolls. Very pedestrian. The nigiri was very good and fresh.

pros: decor
nigiri
service, she was very attentive

cons: flavorless specialty maki rolls, no standout flavor
over-priced

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

54% Recommend
Michigan
“Great Sushi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I have only been here for lunch, but we enjoy the selection. Staff is good, very attentive. The Harley Dynamite rolls are phenomenal!

Visited December 2012
Okemos, Michigan
“If you go get a spicy roll...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

Ok, got the restaurant history from the sushi chef. Nice but who cares about the owner's issues? It's not part of the eating experience. Mid-week traffic was slow that day. The decor is nice and the atmosphere is very loud for a slow night. Wine bar or regular bar, who knows? But the beer is the way I like it - very cold! Ok to be fair the rookie did his best. The more experienced guy took over his place. I asked him to whip me up something not on the menu with lots of spice - and he did not disappoint! I ate at sushi bar and server ignored me the whole night. He gave me glass of water and didn't refill it until after I paid my bill. Really? Food is average, the service is almost non-existent. Over-priced for food quality and experience. Other choices in this plaza for dining. Will check it out.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Some of the Best Sushi Ever!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

I have had lots of sushi in the past. One of things that was good was the trust me roll. I was there with my parents and at first they did not think it looked so good. But then I made them try it. They were very suprised they thought it was awsome. Another sushi roll I had was the big O. It was a great starter. It had lots of raw fish in it. As the last small appetizer I had was the potstickers. The outside was crispy and the inside was full of meat and vegetables. Personally the outside was to crispy. Last but not least I had Green Tea ice-cream for dessert. It was wonderful. One thing I thought could have been better was the portion size of the ice-cream. The portion was huge. You better be hungrey if you want it.

• Visited January 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“I will return!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

We ate at Phin Sushi after purchasing a groupon for it. Phin replaced a previous sushi restaurant that was previously at the same location. The interior was updated and made to feel modern and open.

We had a variety of sushi and sashimi. All of it was very good and we will return!

• Visited November 2011