“If you go get a spicy roll...” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #181 of 417 restaurants in Green Bay
Cuisines: Sushi
Okemos, Michigan
“If you go get a spicy roll...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

Ok, got the restaurant history from the sushi chef. Nice but who cares about the owner's issues? It's not part of the eating experience. Mid-week traffic was slow that day. The decor is nice and the atmosphere is very loud for a slow night. Wine bar or regular bar, who knows? But the beer is the way I like it - very cold! Ok to be fair the rookie did his best. The more experienced guy took over his place. I asked him to whip me up something not on the menu with lots of spice - and he did not disappoint! I ate at sushi bar and server ignored me the whole night. He gave me glass of water and didn't refill it until after I paid my bill. Really? Food is average, the service is almost non-existent. Over-priced for food quality and experience. Other choices in this plaza for dining. Will check it out.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

54% Recommend
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Some of the Best Sushi Ever!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

I have had lots of sushi in the past. One of things that was good was the trust me roll. I was there with my parents and at first they did not think it looked so good. But then I made them try it. They were very suprised they thought it was awsome. Another sushi roll I had was the big O. It was a great starter. It had lots of raw fish in it. As the last small appetizer I had was the potstickers. The outside was crispy and the inside was full of meat and vegetables. Personally the outside was to crispy. Last but not least I had Green Tea ice-cream for dessert. It was wonderful. One thing I thought could have been better was the portion size of the ice-cream. The portion was huge. You better be hungrey if you want it.

• Visited January 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“I will return!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

We ate at Phin Sushi after purchasing a groupon for it. Phin replaced a previous sushi restaurant that was previously at the same location. The interior was updated and made to feel modern and open.

We had a variety of sushi and sashimi. All of it was very good and we will return!

• Visited November 2011