“If your ever in Green Bay....” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Broadway
Woodbury, Minnesota
“If your ever in Green Bay....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

The food was amazing! Shrimp with whole wheat pasta and a white wine sauce...loved it! Andre' was a great server and the romantic ambiance made it the Perfect place for dinner on our anniversay!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Green Bay, Wisconsin
“As a server, I would be fired for providing service so poor.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

There really isn't much I can say that is positive about this place.
I went yesterday because my friend and I wanted to dine outdoors. My friend arrived before me, seated himself and was not greeted by anyone for an extended period of time. When the server finally came, he asked what beer was on tap. Her answer was, "Nothing", followed by silence. He then asked if Summer Shandy was served in a bottle. She said she only had cans outside. He asked if she had bottles inside that she could bring outside. She told him she would check, clearly annoyed with him. How dare he ask for her to do anything, nonetheless anything extra! She eventually came out with the requested beer, but only after a long and arduous dialogue, which was mostly rude on her part. She did not ask if he wanted lemon for the beer, which is almost always served with lemon, and she darted away too quickly for him to ask.
Once I arrived and found him I waited 15 minutes for the server to come to take a drink order. It was not busy and she was splitting the 4 patio tables that were occupied with another server. So, no excuse for the delay. She did not say hello to me, she simply slapped a menu down and said, "You want a drink?". I ordered my Coke and did not have time to ask for a water as well before she practcally ran from the table.
Ten minutes after the drink came it was time to order the food. That part went smoothly enough. When the food came it was served by a very friendly girl. She EVEN asked if we needed anything else! This was my chance to order my water. Hooray!
About twenty minutes after the food was served, our server came out to give us our check. She never once checked on us and was icy the entire time. I got the feeling she felt she was superior to us. I personally have 16 years of restaurant experience and work in a current Best of the Bay restaurant. If I were as unfriendly as little Miss Sunshine just one time, I would be fired.

So, the service was awful. Beyond awful. I would have done better to serve myself, eat at home, or go to Burger King. Wait, I shouldn't really insult Burger King by putting them on the same level.

For the food, it was average to high priced and it was what it was. Nothing special. My sandwich was dripping in sauce and my self and my napkin were coated in it by the time I finished eating. Overall, a poor value, but common in Green Bay.

The atmosphere was nothing special. Which was not helped by the rude server. I notice things as a server that others may not. The menus were dirty, the silverware is junky, and tables sat dirty for a very long time. The servers like to hang out at the bar and chat with other staff members when they could be helping their customers. This restaurant wnts to pretend they are casual to upscale. Yet there is no emphasis on service, nor is there attention to the details that are imperative in actually being an upscale restaurant.

Next time, I will save my money. A crappy view of a small alcove of water is not worth being treated poorly and spending too much on mediocre food.

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“Crab cak caesar salad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

Far too much oil in the dressing like 75% oil you could see it floating on top...I wanted to throw up. The crab cake was delicious

Visited June 2012
Wisconsin
“Fratello's is now called something else”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

Same menu, on river, nice setting, average fare, outdoor seating is nice, indoors can be cold, pizza oven

Michigan
“Food was ok-but did love the bread.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

To me the restaurant was average. My hubby and I both thought that our meal sounded better than it tasted. The portions on some of the meals at our table were small-especially for the price.

Visited June 2012