“Decent but very outdated” 3 of 5 stars

You added Airport Settle Inn to your Saves list
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2620 S Packerland Drive, Green Bay, WI 54313-6145   |
Ranked #31 of 40 Hotels in Green Bay
GRAND RAPIDS
“Decent but very outdated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was okay. Very outdated, and not the cleanest. I felt,like i was in a 1970's movie. The room,was comfortable and served its purpose. I would stay again if nothing else was availble. Overall, i would suggest a different hotelif youre looking for something updated.

• Stayed November 2012
AprilS81, Guest Relations Manager at Airport Settle Inn, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Hello from the Airport Settle Inn,

Thank you for reviewing our property on TripAdvisor. We do take all comments and concerns very seriously, and we truly appreciate all guest reviews.

I am sorry to hear that your stay with us did not meet your standards. We have been in the process of renovating our rooms for a more modern look. We have also implemented various changes in housekeeping procedures, as we strive to provide clean, comfortable rooms for all of our guests.

Once again, we would like to thank you for taking the time to review our property. If you would like to discuss this issue further, you may contact me directly and I would be glad to see what I can do to assist you.

aselissen@settle-inn.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Paradise, Newfoundland, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

By far and wide the worst hotel experince we ever had. I have personally always enjoyed the hospitality industry in Green Bay, but this hotel brings up the rear. It got off to a great start. The hotel overbooked and as aresult, we were upgraded to a larger suite. When we entered our suite, the ceiling fan was COVERED in dust and as I walked over towards it, the carpet seemingly exploded in dust as well. The DNA from hundreds of guests gone by was firmly engraved in this room. My daughter got gastro the next day, and while I certainly can't prove it, it's far from beyond the realm of possibility that this disgusting room contributed. Beyond the dust, we were also told the sheets on the beds are only changed once a week. Awesome! More guest history to become familiar with as I'm counting sheep. Two days later, I had gastro. Perhaps in part becasue the sheet that my daughter threw up on was neatly tucked on my bed...even though we told the front desk what had happened and we wanted our sheets changed. A day before we checked out, I was called on my phone by the front desk informing me we had to switch rooms because they had miscalculated how many nights we were staying. Great! I'll leave the tailgating to haul suitcases because you guys don't know how to count...it's the least I can do. Our new room was a science wonder, what with the deep black mold on the shower curtain and all. I stayed in Cambria Suites a few blocks away in January and it was fantastic!! The Airport Settle Inn is an absolute dump! Management at this location have absolutely no right operating in this industry.

Room Tip: Choose a room in another hotel. Stay in a barn if you have to.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
AprilS81, Guest Relations Manager at Airport Settle Inn, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Hello from the Airport Settle Inn,

Thank you for reviewing our property on TripAdvisor. We truly do appreciate all guest feedback, as we feel it helps us to provide the best possible service for all of our guests.

I would like to apologize for any issues or inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us. I was able to look into some of the issues you pointed out. When you initially checked in, you received a free upgrade to one of our newest suites. I see that you experienced some issues with that room, and I would like apologize if you felt that the room did not meet your expectations. I can assure you that our housekeeping staff is trained to thoroughly clean every room, as well as to change linens daily.

I would also like to apologize for the inconvenience of having to move rooms during your stay. Your reservation was made through a company which uses our accommodations for Packer games, and each weekend of a home game we receive a rooming list. Your stay was for consecutive weekends with days in between, and unfortunately the company you booked through did not indicate that. We do everything possible to make each stay as easy and comfortable possible, and we are truly sorry if we failed to meet your expectations.

If you would like to discuss this matter in more detail, you can contact me directly and I would be happy to talk with you and see what we could agree upon to fix this for you.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to review our property. We value your feedback and hope to see you again in the future.

Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed overnight here on a recent two day golf outing. The rooms weren't anything special, but the beds were comfortable. The best thing was their breakfast buffet. The area was large that could accommodate many people, plus they had hot and cold items to choose from. And...the price was reasonable as well. Across the street within walking distance was a nice restaurant and a sports bar.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
AprilS81, Guest Relations Manager at Airport Settle Inn, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Good day from the Airport Settle Inn,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property on TripAdvisor; we truly do appreciate all guest comments! We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to take advantage of our deluxe breakfast buffet. We hope to see you again in the future!

Green Bay, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

This is practically right next door to the airport. McDonalds is across the parking lot and a convenience store right down the road. If you like to gamble the "large" Oneida casino is about 1/2 mile away. This is the "Lambeau Field" side of town and this hotel is perfect because it is close to Lambeau, but far enough away that you still have peace and quiet.

I live in Green Bay and actually only three miles from this hotel, but we had date night and left all the teens at home and spent a night here. Loved it!! Always wondered what it was like on the inside.

We stayed in room 140. We checked in early, 1:30pm, and the room was perfect. It had just been cleaned and smelled nice. The floor and bedding were clean and even the drapes on the windows were clean. Perhaps they had recently been dry cleaned? No dust, stains, or anything.

My favorite part about the hotel? The 24 hour pool and hot tub!!! Children are allowed in the pool during the day, but by 11:00pm it is off limits and they enforce this rule. While we were in the pool area staff checked on the swimmers four times in two hours. When they did find a teenager in the area he was asked to roduce identification that showed he was 18 years or older. We did not see him again.

Breakfast was very good also with an assortment of both cold and hot items. Cereal, oatmeal, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, etc. Several juices and of course coffee. The coffee was very tasty and not bitter in any way.

Checkout was swift and thorough. We were very pleased with our mini-getaway!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Greetings from the Airport Settle Inn,

Thank you so much for your review of our property on TripAdvisor! We always appreciate guest feedback to keep us on track for the best service possible. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us for your date night away from the teens! Thank you again for your review, and we hope to see you again in the future!

Sheboygan, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

My wife and I have stayed at the Settle Inn several times and have never been disappointed. We've always picked a theme suite, all of which include a hot tub. The rooms are nicely-sized for a couple and competitively-priced for similar hot tub rooms at other hotels. Staff has been courteous and polite.

Like other hotels in this area, it's in very close proximity to both the casino and airport. Drive 10 minutes east and there are plenty of places to shop, eat, and drink on Oneida Street.

We've never been to the hotel during the Packer games and like most area hotels, prices probably go up on and around gamedays. I would think, however, that the hotel is far enough out of the way to avoid at least some of the gameday traffic.

Overall, we've always been pleased with the Settle Inn. It's high on the list of our choices for the Green Bay area.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello from the Airport Settle Inn,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property on TripAdvisor; guest feedback is always appreciated as it helps us provide the best possible service to all of our guests. I am very glad to hear you have enjoyed your stays with us in the past, and we hope you enjoy many more in the future!

mpls
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

We made our reservation months in advance indicating we wanted a King bed and a refrigerator in the room. Upon check in we did not have a fridge in the room.. we contacted the front desk and they said they would look for one to put in our room. The assistant manager promptly chastised us on the fact "the notes do not indicate a refrigerator request".. Like this is OUR fault their clerk didn't make a note. Then he got an attitude when he moved us to a QUEEN bed with a pull out couch. Do we flip a coin to see who has to sleep on the couch because it isn't a king bed? His reply was "Well I guess you can just check out". When we found out he said he would provide the missing fridge the next day if he had to get it from their hotel across the street, we checked with The Extended Stay Hotel and found they offer a weekly rate. It was suggested we ask to have that rate here and stay ($55 per night opposed to $80).. The same manager said "We already offered you the $71 rate.. there is no way we will do that". So I then asked him why they charged us over $100 per night as opposed to the $71 he said it was an additional $20 per night for INCIDENTALS! They do not offer room service so what would this be for? When I asked him he convientely had to answer the phone and that was the end of our conversation. Needless to say WE Will be moving tomorrow morning!! Oh and we found an old beer bottle cap behind the door that apparently had been there awhile and you gotta love the clear tape covering up the tears in the carpet in the hallways as well! WE would not recommend staying here unless you don't mind overpaying and getting attitude!

Room Tip: Choose a room anywhere but here!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
AprilS81, Guest Relations Manager at Airport Settle Inn, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We truly do appreciate all guest feedback. I would like to apologize for the misunderstandings and issues you encountered during your stay. We do have a limited amount of mini-refrigerators available, and they are put in rooms on a first come, first serve basis. I apologize that your request was not notated - we have retrained our staff to make sure all guest requests are properly noted on each reservation. I would also like to apologize if you received service that was less than stellar. I want to assure you that our top priority here is quality guest service, and we have taken steps to make sure an occurance like this does not happen again. If you would like to talk to me more about what you experienced during your stay, you may contact me directly and I will see what I can do to make this right for you. Thank you again, for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

Great hotel, very friendly and helpful staff. This hotel is very clean and the beds are comfy too!
Great Airport location and at a fair price. You certainly get a lot for your money here.
I love their allergy free rooms, but the best thing is their all friendly staff. This is why I would lcome back any time I come to Green Bay.

Room Tip: I stood on the side of the building where you can see the planes taking off and landing, it was awes...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Hello from the Airport Settle Inn,

Thank you for your review of our property on TripAdvisor! We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Should you ever need accommodations in the Green Bay area again, our friendly staff will be happy to have you as our guest once more!

Airport Settle Inn

Been to Airport Settle Inn? Share your experiences!